X

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 3:15am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://shogerijutsu.freehosting.net/

The founder has studied Karate for exactly 2 1/2 years, according to his own bio. All bow for the Sensei.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazing how fast and throughly you can learn from tapes and books...BULLSHIDO!!!

He who dies with the most toys...still DIES!

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 5:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least he isnt so full of **** to call himself the best. He says his system is not, just different. And he is honest that he has only been training for 2 1/2 years, unlike some people who claim to be masters of ever art imaginable.

X

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. Well, so I guess I can found my own
    Shairetsuiwe-Ryu Kali Arnis Ninjitsu now.
    Tapes available, just ask.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2003 6:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    did you see the avon link on his links page? too bad none of his videos are available...i was almost tempted to buy one but not quite

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 7:17pm

Style: Conceptual Freestyle

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I practiced boxing and kickboxing from 1979, until 1984. Also researched martial art history since I could read the big books. From 1984 to 1987 I practiced American Tae Kwon Do, privately. And if you only believe in lineages and or hardcore TMA traditions, then you may want to stop reading now. My instructor was a 4th degree in the style I mentioned, which had the Chon Ji through Choong Moo, Tae Guek 1 through 8 and one step sparring. He only believed that what you put in was what you go out. I was natural at understanding forms, and doing the techniques as I was able to connect the dots. He didn't do paper, only an actual belt, and you tested in front of him and the remaining class.

My Goju Ryu training ranged from 1988 to 1991. The 2 and a half years was how long it took to get to the last stripe before Black Belt. At that point you just waited 6 months. They however did do certificates and I have at least one of them lying around. A senior ranked friend of mine tested me a year after and I passed. Of course that was just a ceremony.

Throughout the decades I have cross trained with other black belts in various systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 9:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

School response

I practiced boxing and kickboxing from 1979, until 1984. Also researched martial art history since I could read the big books. From 1984 to 1987 I practiced American Tae Kwon Do, privately. And if you only believe in lineages and or hardcore TMA traditions, then you may want to stop reading now. My instructor was a 4th degree in the style I mentioned, which had the Chon Ji through Choong Moo, Tae Guek 1 through 8 and one step sparring. He only believed that what you put in was what you go out. I was natural at understanding forms, and doing the techniques as I was able to connect the dots. He didn't do paper, only an actual belt, and you tested in front of him and the remaining class.

My Goju Ryu training ranged from 1988 to 1991. The 2 and a half years was how long it took to get to the last stripe before Black Belt. At that point you just waited 6 months. They however did do certificates and I have at least one of them lying around. A senior ranked friend of mine tested me a year after and I passed. Of course that was just a ceremony.

Throughout the decades I have cross trained with other black belts in various systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 9:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 10:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The website referenced may have been incorrectly created with misinformation. It has been deleted.

If there are any misunderstandings, then that's just what they are.

The style is a structured freestyle art, that was created as a means to pass down the basics to family and friends and maybe a few others.

Nothing special about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2015 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having issues with my iPhone and it's browser the last 24 hours. The duplicates can be removed as needed.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast