Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2015 12:03pm

Style: BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sambo Bullshido in IL?

Hello, and good afternoon fellow Bullshidoka. I start here today about doing research on a MMA gym in the Chicagoland area that I believe is partaking somewhat in Sambo bullshido.

Anyway, there is a gym in Aurora, IL where a man going by the name of "Coach Stewart" is the head coach at Full Mount MMA. In his bio he claims to hold black belts in Combat Sambo, Combat TKD (lol) and TKD. Also claims to have trained with a lot of well known, famous fighters. Now his fighters dont do great in competition but they dont do that bad either. That is not my beef. What I do hav I issue with is the claim of Combat Sambo. As far as I know, there are no certified Combat Sambo coaches here in Illinois. That would be a well known fact among the MMA and martial arts circles.

I have contacted both the coach himself and the American Sambo Associaton as well, just waiting on replies. Anybody else that wants to assist in this is more then welcome.

(PS: I would post links to the gym but I am on my phone at work and do not have the ability.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2015 12:35pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combat Bullshido in Illinois?

Hello and good morning to my fellow Bullshidoka. I start this thread because I do believe there is someone partaking in some Combat Bullshido here in the Chicagoland area.

There is a guy that goes by "Coach Stewart" that is the head instructor at a gym in Aurora, Il called Full Mount MMA. In his bio on his site, he claims black belts in Combat Sambo, Combat TKD and TKD. He says he has trained with former UFC fighters as well. His guys don't do bad in MMA (I even fought one of his guys before and lost. Probably due to the fact that I moved up a weight class for the fight, dumb move on my part).

My issue is that he claims a black belt in Combat Sambo. As far as my knowledge goes, there is not any certified Combat Sambo coach here in Illinois. I do know of a TKD school that has a Sambo group up north, but that there is still no certified coach teaching Sambo.

I have emailed him and the American Sambo Association as well to get replies. I did not see his school listed on any Sambo governing body's site. Just because someone is a decent MMA coach does not mean they should make fraudulent claims of another styles rank.

If anyone else wants to help with this investigation, I do welcome it. I will also post any email replies I get pertaining to my inquiries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2015 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard back from Mr. Koepher of the ASA and he said he has not heard of "Coach Stewart" being a Combat Sambo black belt. He said he will look into the situation as well.

Posted On:
    1/13/2015 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet Kune Do

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are Karate Blocks Practical

I've been looking for blocks to incorporate into my style even though one can usually evade attacks with footwork I still want to learn them I've also read that karate blocks weren't originally intended to block strikes but I've started to incorporate the inside block the high block the x block if you've got better suggestions please comment

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2015 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have gotten a reply from Mr. Koepher of the ASA. He said has never heard of this Coach Stewart. Also said the claiming of a black belt in Combat Sambo is a red flag. He said he will look into this matter as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2015 11:15am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another update for everyone. Received a couple more emails from Mr. Koepher. He confirms that this guy is bullshit not only when it comes to Sambo but that he has never trained with Frank Shamrock either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 3:26pm

Style: BJJ,(kick)boxing,JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joined this month and already finding fakes. Not only that, but you singlehandedly got some pretty damning evidence in one day.

I'm a major noob when it comes to investigations, so it would be nice if a few guys with more experience would say something if I get something wrong.

could you post the link to the school's page now? Also, it would be a good idea to get a screen capture of his claims, because he may change them quickly if he catches wind of this. I mean, that is what we want from him, but it's good to get the dirty laundry clearly out there.

A transcript of the E-mails is probably a good idea too.

Any reply from the coach himself?

P.S. 'Bullshidoka' is usually applied to the frauds, as they are the ones who practice 'Bullshido', so like a guy who does judo is a judoka, and a guy who does bullshido is a bullshidoka. We usually call each other 'bullies'. I think it's because frauds, etc. sometimes call bullshido members that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 3:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there Guird. I can post emails of the conversation between Mr. Koepher and myself, of Mr. K telling me that Stewart is a fake. And I will also post the school's site as well. I'm on my phone at work so until I get on my PC, I cannot post them.

And the coach has not emailed me back either.

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 4:07pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're doing god's work here. Keep it up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2015 4:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you ghost! I hate liars and frauds in martial arts.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast