• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 8:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wonderful, Dark Glitch has the real wing chun.

*chalks up one more.*

Tally is now at 3.000.122.423 people who have the real wing chun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 8:48am

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Wing Chun. But what I like the most is the fact that people who never took a boxing class and clearly have no experience in the said martial art keep making ignorant assertions about punching power. Stop talking about use of shoulders like if you knew or even could peform what you're talking about. Don't embarrass yourself in a internet forum. Don't be a idiot.

PS: And fucking take a boxing class. Who knows, you might even learn something.
    Last edited by Mr.Mundane; 2/19/2006 9:03am at .

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 9:36am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we get a fucking round of applause for fanatical?

Nice rant, mate.

You just chainpunched the nail on the head. (And it actually worked.)

Now, where's that video?
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:23am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somewhat closer to the topic. Hard sparring makes good fighters. Good fighters come out of hard sparring. Anyone who does not spar with people who do other styles is missing the point.

However, there are things that work, for example from this video of arm only chain punching being used effectively in the UFC:
    Wanderlei vs Vitor

I've trained WC, I think a lot of people have passed through this art at one time or another. Like many arts, there are parts of it that are very fun and parts that work really well, so long as your instructor does not have the god complex and think that the best way to teach is to never let you hit him. That is stupid. Anyone can get hit and will get hit. Oh and schools that dont spar or compete, suck.

Side point but telling, anyone who started Martial Arts a few decades ago started in something other then Jiu-Jitsu/BJJ/Grappling/MMA. We didnt have the option, we could do some boxing and some Judo, but until the UFC happened in 1993, everyone thought kickboxers were the Ultimate Fighters. Unfortunately there are still a bunch of __ng __un guys kicking around that missed the 1993 broadcast and are still talking **** about guys with a guard game.

Dark_Glitch, before you go and enter an MMA match, get a friendly Jiu-Jitsu guy to roll you around for awhile, perhaps several months of hard training. Make sure you have a ground game, then prove your WC.
    Last edited by Askari; 2/19/2006 10:27am at .

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so chain punching works....if you train in boxing and BJJ.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:27am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shawarma has nailed the correct.

Just like a Kimura works better if I've trained wrestling and I pull of a great leg takedown and am working from inside half guard.

With regards to the punches, the SBG guys call it a straight blast (funny how they named their gym after it and all).
    Last edited by Askari; 2/19/2006 11:13am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 11:47am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fanatical, I like your style! Your head is in the right place. :)

I just wanted to add that it's not just hard sparring (though that is critical) but the quality of the sparring -- the skill of the opposition -- that really matters. Crappy wing chunners sparring against other crappy wing chunners only produces wingchunners who believe they have the "real wing chun" (because what they do works against crap).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:40pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Whoa, let's calm down...

NO!

God damnit fucking NO!

I do Jujitsu. My style's striking is WAY below par. My style's throws are decent. My style's grappling is below BJJ but decent in it's own right.

My own striking is below par. My own throws are rotten. My grappling is white belt BJJ material. I'm not making retarted claims. I do what I can to be as good as I can be in the areas that interest me. I've finally manned up and started BJJ because of that. I have no interest in training any more striking nowadays, but I'm fine with that. I won't make outrageous claims of the style I train other that it holds it's own and for my own sake I have no emotional stress from having to train other styles to fill holes and improve my own game.

But NO. He doesn't have to educate YOU. YOU have to educate US! You have to prove your **** is real. You have to prove your claims. How the **** is this a problem? I don't give a **** if you give me a million essays on how you personally feel WC is the ****.

Shut up about wing chun. Just fucking shut up. I'm so tired of hearing of your fucking retarted style. I'm so tired of your fucking bullshit dramaqueen boohoo I don't want to change styles and take every comment personaly nonsense. I'm tired of "the real wing chun" I'm tired of how things can be repeated a million times and people will deny it like nazis denying the holocaust. There are SO many threads on this. But you idiots have to start a new one every time. You idiots think you're fucking special and if only YOU open your big fat bitch mouths everyone will listen and understand. You're not special. You're yet another pathetic anonymous loser on the internet, here to proclaim oh so politely that everyone else is wrong and you are right.

I post rarely, because I feel that I'd rather post on something SMART. I have very little to contribute in the witch-hunt of bullshido, So I at least try to just make some points known when I feel I have something to add. When I have nothing to contribute, I train and shut the **** up.

BUT! the fact that this thread so far has gotten the "MY SIFU TAKES DOWN HUGE PEOPLE" and "LOL ANTIGRAPPLING" probably means you're a gotard and this post will be a fucking waste of time. As always. Why do I even bother, I wonder.

Whoa there, fanatical. I wasn't saying your style is bad. That's exactly what I was not saying. No need to throw a fit.

I don't doubt that what you do is effective. It's just that for my style, there are a lot of people who are dishonouring it, and I'm trying to explain why.

And the "anti-grappling" bit I was mentioning does not mean "oh, I can tackle a BJJ guy and kill him!" No, absolutley not. There are situations where an aggressive person may be harassing you (like grabbing your shirt, twisting your arms, etc. general strong arming stuff) and Wing Chun can help you break out of these situations. I'm not, however, making a forward claim that grapplers suck.

If you want to see this stuff work, I think the only way to show the system working is to come by my school and check it out, and you guys can see for yourselves, because I don't think doing videos will be enough to convince everyone, because I think it's been tried before.

Anyone coming by Montreal? If you're interested in looking up my kwoon, just ask me.

Again, I meant no offense.

-Liu Bei

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaka_13
    I explained what I belive to be true. I felt it needed to be done. Not some new insight or anything, just explaining.
    ok. BTW the Earth is the third planet from the sun. Its not new insight I just explaining.

As far as feelings being hurt, not likely. However, being as the vast majority of us on here are supposed to be adults, and you respond with the a-typical highschool punk ass response. You've simply expanded on my disliking for dumb asses who can't pull their heads out of there asses enough to engage in an intelligent conversation.
    First of all this is the "Your Martial Art Sucks" forums. It meant to hold the old school flame wars. Second, what do you want to have a serious discussion about? You just said you need to learn to take a hit and TKD didn't teach you to fall. Ok, thank you for stating the obvious. Would you like a medal? Maybe a special title?

i simply joined to garner the knowledges, and beliefs of a very varied community. Rather then trying to knock people down because of your own self inflated arrogance, prehaps you can help educate the rest of us.
    Ummm ok? Give us a reason to take you seriously and we will.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dark Gltich> I would love to see a video clip of you sparring. Seriously all the Wing Chun video we have seen falls into 2 categories

1. Dummy opponent that stands still while a Chunner punches really fast
    2. Bitch Slap fight with fists.
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast