Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 2:01am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that depended on the experience of the people you were sparring with, shutokatana. Afterall, skill comes from how the person understands the style, not vice versa.

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Not really, it funny how all the n00bs spew the same tired line and expect it to be their own personal insight or some ****.

Also, harassing n00bs is necessary for filtering out Martial Artists from keyboard warriors that haven't been punched in the face enough.

I explained what I belive to be true. I felt it needed to be done. Not some new insight or anything, just explaining.

As far as feelings being hurt, not likely. However, being as the vast majority of us on here are supposed to be adults, and you respond with the a-typical highschool punk ass response. You've simply expanded on my disliking for dumb asses who can't pull their heads out of there asses enough to engage in an intelligent conversation.

i simply joined to garner the knowledges, and beliefs of a very varied community. Rather then trying to knock people down because of your own self inflated arrogance, prehaps you can help educate the rest of us.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 3:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    What is everyones problem? I'll use my friend's teaching strategy that he used in a beginner class tonight. He taught all of our adults basic wing chun theory under the guise that it was advanced Kempo material (they don't know the difference yet...not high enough rank/no knowledge of other styles). He told them to block whatever he threw at them and he used typical wing chun techniques such as folding elbows, trapping etc.... Essentially they couldn't stop him from hitting them, and were awestruck. So he had them practice that drill. Then he showed them some boxing drills. Jabbing, proper chin positioning and body movement when closing the distance etc... So they worked that on each other.

Then he showed them how when trying to use Wing Chun techniques against someone using boxing techniques, they got punched in the face alot. Wing Chun must be teh suck!? But wait! Then he told the biggest guy in class to box him and he simply shot in, took him down and made him submit with a Kimura/Figure 4 wristlock. So boxing must be teh suck?

In the end, he made a speech that training in soley Wing Chun is flawed because Wing Chun techniques (Like ANY "sport") are based not on reality but on itself. Yes they work great....when fighting someone who punches like a Wing Chunner (or an inexperienced fighter). And boxing works great!.....when fighting a boxer that doesn't know how to kick properly or execute proper takedowns/groundwork. And grappling defenses work GREAT....as long as your fighting a grappler and not a proficient striker with takedown defense.

Wait, wait, wait. I don't think your friend is following a logical progression of thought here.

If Wing Chun works against a non-boxer, and boxing works against both a non-boxer and a boxer... why do Wing Chun at all?

Wing chun takes more heat than others because unlike boxing, grappling, kickboxing, it is much harder to implement it's theories into situations where a person knows how to utilize a proper guard, takedown, or jab.

As the sayings go, you don't box a boxer, wrestle a wrestler or chi sao a chunner
    So you're saying Wing Chun takes more heat because it doesn't work on people who can defend it? Why do it at all then instead of just learning boxing, grappling, kickboxing?

I'm not saying I agree with you one way or the other, just pointing out that your reasoning is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 3:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NO!

God damnit fucking NO!

I do Jujitsu. My style's striking is WAY below par. My style's throws are decent. My style's grappling is below BJJ but decent in it's own right.

My own striking is below par. My own throws are rotten. My grappling is white belt BJJ material. I'm not making retarted claims. I do what I can to be as good as I can be in the areas that interest me. I've finally manned up and started BJJ because of that. I have no interest in training any more striking nowadays, but I'm fine with that. I won't make outrageous claims of the style I train other that it holds it's own and for my own sake I have no emotional stress from having to train other styles to fill holes and improve my own game.

But NO. He doesn't have to educate YOU. YOU have to educate US! You have to prove your **** is real. You have to prove your claims. How the **** is this a problem? I don't give a **** if you give me a million essays on how you personally feel WC is the ****.

Shut up about wing chun. Just fucking shut up. I'm so tired of hearing of your fucking retarted style. I'm so tired of your fucking bullshit dramaqueen boohoo I don't want to change styles and take every comment personaly nonsense. I'm tired of "the real wing chun" I'm tired of how things can be repeated a million times and people will deny it like nazis denying the holocaust. There are SO many threads on this. But you idiots have to start a new one every time. You idiots think you're fucking special and if only YOU open your big fat bitch mouths everyone will listen and understand. You're not special. You're yet another pathetic anonymous loser on the internet, here to proclaim oh so politely that everyone else is wrong and you are right.

I post rarely, because I feel that I'd rather post on something SMART. I have very little to contribute in the witch-hunt of bullshido, So I at least try to just make some points known when I feel I have something to add. When I have nothing to contribute, I train and shut the **** up.

BUT! the fact that this thread so far has gotten the "MY SIFU TAKES DOWN HUGE PEOPLE" and "LOL ANTIGRAPPLING" probably means you're a gotard and this post will be a fucking waste of time. As always. Why do I even bother, I wonder.
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 4:15am

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright you god damn pansies.

I'll prove my fucking fist to you blubbering vaginas, and after I do it, I don't want to hear anything else from any of you.

I've accepted your challenge and I'll prove it. If its the last fucking thing I do I'll prove that my fist is worthy of recognition.

BTW: Rashaka 13 is a friend of mine and one of my sparring partners. He outweighs me by a quite a bit (>:D) and he will make sure I'm not talking out of the side of my neck.

AT ANY RATE, I'll make video of my victories and failures so that you can tell if I'm telling the truth or not.

I'm tired of listining to your pathetic squabbling. If it is proof you desire, then it is proof you shall receive. I don't care what any of you think, just so you know, so attempting to flame me will result in nothing but you wasting your time.

Also, I have made no fucking claims so you faggots saying **** about making claims can shut the **** up. I have only asked why you can't stop harping on Wing Chun Practioners. Sure, the one's who talk big **** should be pushed, but don't bring that fucking **** to me, okay? I train for real. I take punches, and I fucking dish them out. I make sure that my fist is real, so that when I make a claim, I will be able to back it up. I don't make claims that I can't fucking prove so shut the **** up. All I've ever done since I came here is ask questions and give my piddly little 2 cent on certain topics and all I've heard is a bunch of sniping at my style of choice.

If you think I'm wasting my time, why don't you go find some fucking guys to wrestle and get off my dick. I'm only here for people that want some proof and maybe a sparring partner, or even just an intelligent fucking debate where we don't mock each other's style.

And for the geniuses that say "Wing Chun, in time can be effective" take a long fucking walk off of a short cliff. ANY FUCKING STYLE can be effective, in time, you fucking dolt. I didn't need you to tell me that.

You want proof, I'll fucking give it to you. I love a challenge and you all have made my fucking day. I seriously thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I love it when Martial Artists challenge each other, its what we LIVE for.

However, no more mockery. Wait for the proof. I'll deliver. Its a fucking promise!

Any of you bitches got something to say, you know where to post. I probably won't even check this thread after this cause I already know what HALF of you will say. I'll show you fucking proof that's not fabricated. That's all I've wanted to do from day one. I've begun training again because I know what I want to do in life. Make believers out of you skeptics.

Get ready.

(Edited cause I had more to say, and I can't fucking spell when I'm angry.)
    Last edited by Dark_Glitch; 2/19/2006 4:28am at .

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 4:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pft. You lying sack of ****.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 4:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Glitch
    Get ready.
    Forgive us if we sound jaded. If they show decent applicable skills, your videos would be very well received.

If they show utter garbage... well, they'll still generate a lot of enthusiastic comments, just not the ones you're looking for. ^_^

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 7:26am

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    Forgive us if we sound jaded. If they show decent applicable skills, your videos would be very well received.

If they show utter garbage... well, they'll still generate a lot of enthusiastic comments, just not the ones you're looking for. ^_^

>:)

I'd figured as much.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 7:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So how long until we can see this video?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 8:00am

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and ... i think you forgot that you should spar someone from a different style, not one of your "sparring partners" you already know

and a skilled person, not some sob
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast