Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:52am

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei
    Okay, Dark_Glitch, best of luck to you man, but I think you missed the point a bit there.

Sensing the opponents force is one of the key elements in WC hand movements (well, at least in the WC I do anyway), where you feel where the person is exerting his force by keeping in contact with his arms (this does not mean you hold onto him, and it doesn't mean standing still, point blank at the person's chest either). Once you learn how to feel the person's force, you can deviate his attack and cancel it, allowing you the space to enter. If the person manages to block the entry, then the practitioner will attempt to deviate his block with the appropriate "sau". This process repeats until the practitioner enters (if that is his objective. Otherwise, he would try to neutralize the conflict). If the movements are done correctly, the WC fighter will be moving in a seamless circle, until he stops entering, or trying to enter. The sensitivity required in this sort of fighting is one of the internal principles of WC. There are also other ways of entering besides punching, too.

And this doesn't mean you use psychic qi powers to sense the opponent's force from across the room. No, not at all. As WC is chiefly a close-quarter style, this is the sort of thing that requires the practitioner to get close. This is either a pro or con of the style, depending on your perspective.
    No such thing as Ki/qi/chi powers. I don't believe in them.

However, I do apologize if I came across a bit harshly. As you can see I deal with stupidity run rampant all the time here. Its almost as if Its a complete waste of time to post on this forum because of the children here.

I love Close Quarters Combat. Thats where the most damage is done. I already know about sensing an opponent's force. I'm still practicing it actually so that I might learn when to strike more effectively.

Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:58am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No such thing as Ki/qi/chi powers. I don't believe in them.

However, I do apologize if I came across a bit harshly. As you can see I deal with stupidity run rampant all the time here. Its almost as if Its a complete waste of time to post on this forum because of the children here.

I love Close Quarters Combat. Thats where the most damage is done. I already know about sensing an opponent's force. I'm still practicing it actually so that I might learn when to strike more effectively.

Thanks.
    No problem man. Just keep your head straight; it's not healthy to be red in the face all the time.

If you are reffering to Ki/qi/chi as the magical energy field of the mysts (like "the force" from Star Wars), no, it does not exist. There's a more scientific definition of it, I believe, but yes, it is nothing magical.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:59am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it every 4 to 5 months we have some (insert dumbfuck style) asshole come on here and try to ask the same fucking question and then perform the same fucking arguements year after year after fucking year?

Listen up little bitch, to call you stupid would be an understatement. You won't come up with anything new that hasn't already been said and if you'd taken the fucking time to view the beginning of this section you'd know what the beef is against Wing Chun. Now give me one good fucking reason why I just don't send this thread into the fucking trash can.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He says this time there will be video!
    More human than human is our motto.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** the video, video don't mean **** here.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But.. but... video... *head spins*

malfunction

*head explodes*
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Why is it every 4 to 5 months we have some (insert dumbfuck style) asshole come on here and try to ask the same fucking question and then perform the same fucking arguements year after year after fucking year?

Listen up little bitch, to call you stupid would be an understatement. You won't come up with anything new that hasn't already been said and if you'd taken the fucking time to view the beginning of this section you'd know what the beef is against Wing Chun. Now give me one good fucking reason why I just don't send this thread into the fucking trash can.
    Don't take this as a smart ass remark Omega, but if you did, it wouldn't matter to me. Actually it would probably help.

If I had paid more attention, I could've just posted in one of the many threads that already existed so if you deleted this thread it would at least ease your headache.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:05am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** the video. We hate Wing Chun guys for many reasons but it's usually because of fucking threads like this. You guys are represented by cult ****-nuts suck. Live with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    **** the video. We hate Wing Chun guys for many reasons but it's usually because of fucking threads like this. You guys are represented by cult ****-nuts suck. Live with it.
    Whatever

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:07am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Glitch
    Don't take this as a smart ass remark Omega, but if you did, it wouldn't matter to me. Actually it would probably help.

If I had paid more attention, I could've just posted in one of the many threads that already existed so if you deleted this thread it would at least ease your headache.

You may be one of the legit guys. Great, happy for you join the club, let this thread die until a situation comes up for you to step up. That's my advice, welcome to fucking bullshido.
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast