Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 11:51pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, this thread doesn't seem to be about the title topic anymore. I guess it kind of wore out, huh? Well, at least it has mellowed down somewhat.

I know Dark_Glitch says he is going to video his sparring sessions, but I think he's going to misrepresent the style a little - he seems pretty aggressive. I hope you guys don't get the wrong idea about Wing Chun, no matter what he shows you.

I'll be around with the needle and thread.

from kikkoman:

Yes. He punched me in the face with a straight punch. He seemed to sort of keep the arm extended in my face, not retracting it immediatly. I honestly can't remember(it's a blur in my mind) if it was the same fist in my face or if he punched me a 2cd time with the other hand. I didn't feel any pain, I just started swinging and landed some hard shots on him.

The grappling match was a grappling (no striking) match. We were just us having fun. Neither of us are skilled in grappling. I do have some BJJ knowledge though.

I have seen a video of grond's friend fighitng 2 BJJ guys at the same time in a texas throwdown. It was very cool to watch. I know people love to say wing chun sucks, but that guy was auwsome. He used a "stomp kick" during the video. And when one BJJ guy clinched him, He used that BJJ guy as a shield to protect him from the other BJJ guy. He got taken down eventually though.
    That's cool. I'd like to see that video of grond's friend, maybe have my own input on it. Seemed a bit unfair for g's friend getting beat on by two people. What exactly happened?

And what is this about the "lineage wars" in WC? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know the details. Anyone have any info?

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 11:51pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flying ninja pimp slap (that's a real ninja).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 11:57pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liu Bei posted.

Ah, okay. Well, I've never heard of these events before. It is unfortunate though that the people who do not attend these kinds of "no holds barred" events may be from respectable schools run by respectable masters, but are regarded as bullshidoists.
    The problem is not just the NHB fights. It is also the William Emin fight. Prior to this fight, William was supposedly considered one of the best in the Wing Chun mini universe.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firebrand:
    Liu Bei posted

(******)

A lot of Kung Fu styles were originally trolled on as well. But many of these have since then stepped up. For instance, JFS made a good showing of what Hung Gar and SPM can do in the many Maryland showdowns

Emphasis mine. I didn't post this, Firebrand did. If you read back carefully, you will see I did not write this at all.
    You're quoting me. But I don't know what you are trying to say to whybother. You've lost me. I don't make any claims of Wing Chun being effecftive in my statement (not the point of my statement). Only that some KF styles that were once considered less positively are no longer so in part because some of its guys have stepped up.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 2/20/2006 12:05am at .

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:00am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei
    That's cool. I'd like to see that video of grond's friend, maybe have my own input on it. Seemed a bit unfair for g's friend getting beat on by two people. What exactly happened?
    It was just for fun I think. I think they were just trying out some 2 vs. 1 fights. I don't have it on my hard drive. You could PM Grond if you want to see it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:18am

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu Bei
    Well, this thread doesn't seem to be about the title topic anymore. I guess it kind of wore out, huh? Well, at least it has mellowed down somewhat.

I know Dark_Glitch says he is going to video his sparring sessions, but I think he's going to misrepresent the style a little - he seems pretty aggressive. I hope you guys don't get the wrong idea about Wing Chun, no matter what he shows you.

I'll be around with the needle and thread.

from kikkoman:

And what is this about the "lineage wars" in WC? I keep hearing about it, but I don't know the details. Anyone have any info?

For Liu Bei:
    1) I don't need you to tell anyone not to 'get the wrong idea about Wing Chun'.
    2) I wasn't aggressive until these fucks decided to keep sniping me about my style.
    3) **** the needle and thread.

For all of you:

Don't apologize for me. I don't need you to do that. All I plan on doing is proving MY fist. Not Wing Chun. MY FIST. I could care less about Wing Chun and the stupid fucking lineage disputes and all that gay ass ****. All I care about is 'does my fist work in real situations', or 'can I fight effectively against other styles?'.

That's all. The sooner you all realize this, the sooner we can get this **** behind us.

BTW: My sparring partners range from people I don't even know that well, and any one who wants to spar. I mentioned Rashaka because he is one of a few people who outweighs me. I am not small, contrary to popular belief, so get that idea out of you head. As soon as my poor ass gets the cash together, I'll post video of my sparring. It will take awhile because my fundage is low and I have bills to pay like any normal american has, and then some. If you ask me again, when will we see video, come back and read this post. If you live in the KC Metro area and want to spar, PLEASE state a time and location so that we can spar.

As I have already stated, I quit training, and just recently resumed training so don't expect anything to be on the fucking forums tomorrow of how I beat the **** out of (insert person/stylest here), or whatever.

Again, all I'm looking for is my fist, not Wing Chun's fist, but mine. Quit trying to peg me as some fucking worshiper of Yip Man, Bruce Lee, or whoever. **** ALL OF THEM. They are dead and gone, and have little to do with my fist. I can't rely on their accomplishments to boost myself. I can only make my own path.

Remember this **** before you say ANYTHING about me or to me.

And don't ask about the fucking video. Unless I die, it will get posted. You just fucking wait.

And for those of you with some problem against chain punching, maybe you should find out how a chain punch is supposed to work before you knock it.

Bitches.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So where's that video?
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:35am

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For the retards

Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    So where's that video?
    I know that in every culture and country, there are language problems.

But since we all seem to at least be able to understand even the most basic concepts of thoughts conveyed in the english language, I will try to break this down a little more for you.

Just in case you can't understand because I'm using too many complicated fucking words for you.

I
    will
    make
    the
    video (this is a moving picture)
    when
    I
    get
    a
    camera (this is one of those boxes with machine parts that captures moving pictures)
    to
    record (this means to capture, or make a visual record, damn...copy of something)
    my
    sparring (this word means when people fight in a friendly manner meaning to test themselves)
    sessions (this word means periods of time.).

Do
    you
    understand? (this means 'does it get past your thick skull')

There. No more problems. I hope.
    Last edited by Dark_Glitch; 2/20/2006 12:36am at . Reason: So as not to look like a fucking moron.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    So where's that video?
    SECONDED!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:45am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, Dark_Glitch, best of luck to you man, but I think you missed the point a bit there.

I just read in the WC descriptions that they focus more on "sensitivity" than on punching (???)
    Sensing the opponents force is one of the key elements in WC hand movements (well, at least in the WC I do anyway), where you feel where the person is exerting his force by keeping in contact with his arms (this does not mean you hold onto him, and it doesn't mean standing still, point blank at the person's chest either). Once you learn how to feel the person's force, you can deviate his attack and cancel it, allowing you the space to enter. If the person manages to block the entry, then the practitioner will attempt to deviate his block with the appropriate "sau". This process repeats until the practitioner enters (if that is his objective. Otherwise, he would try to neutralize the conflict). If the movements are done correctly, the WC fighter will be moving in a seamless circle, until he stops entering, or trying to enter. The sensitivity required in this sort of fighting is one of the internal principles of WC. There are also other ways of entering besides punching, too.

And this doesn't mean you use psychic qi powers to sense the opponent's force from across the room. No, not at all. As WC is chiefly a close-quarter style, this is the sort of thing that requires the practitioner to get close. This is either a pro or con of the style, depending on your perspective.

So, through this principle, WC may or may not be an effective fighting system, depending on how the person understands and uses it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firebrand:
    Liu Bei posted

(******)

A lot of Kung Fu styles were originally trolled on as well. But many of these have since then stepped up. For instance, JFS made a good showing of what Hung Gar and SPM can do in the many Maryland showdowns

Emphasis mine. I didn't post this, Firebrand did. If you read back carefully, you will see I did not write this at all.

You're quoting me. But I don't know what you are trying to say to whybother. You've lost me. I don't make any claims of Wing Chun being effecftive in my statement (not the point of my statement). Only that some KF styles that were once considered less positively are no longer so in part because some of its guys have stepped up.
    Oh, misunderstanding here, that's all Firebrand. I thought he was making a statement towards me according to this quote, thinking that I was showing my skills (or something). Anyway, just ignore it, water under the bridge.

And I wasn't assuming that you said Wing Chun was an effective style; I understood you perfectly. Wing Chun hasn't as of late had someone to stand up for it, so the bs posed by the mills of posers over the years has piled up over such an individual's absence. It needs someone to redeem it, but it requires someone of sincereity and intellect, because of its internal roots.

Has there ever been a similar discussion like this towards Tai Chi?

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this mean there won't be a video?
    More human than human is our motto.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast