Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:16pm

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What's your beef? (Wing Chun Thread)

If this doesn't belong here, I'm sorry, but I didn't think it would belong anywhere else.

What I want to know is, what is everyone's beef with Wing Chun. I only ask because I believe deep down, that everyone here would love to see someone succeed in this style, just because it would be one person who is backing their skills up with results. Which is what Bullshido is about right? Exposing frauds so that the real people can stand out on top.

Don't post here and say "No Wing Chunner can back up his ****", unless you've fought every last Wing Chun practicioner in the whole of the world. That is fucking childish and doesn't have a place on a forum like this one. Lets be adults about this.

Please, no flames, no insults, and no baiting. I'm not making this thread so you can bash me, and I'm not trying to bash you. I just want to know your logical reasonings for hating Wing Chun, in your own words. Take it as a Wing Chunner asking for you to point out traps for him not to fall in.

If you have nothing better to say than "Quit wasting your time" or "i can be4t u w1th mah JJ, der her her her!!!!1" don't post. I want to hear logic. Not opinion.

Obviously, if you don't hate Wing Chun, I'm not talking to you. :icon_wink

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:23pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has never been discussed before on this site. Thanks for posting such a novel, interesting thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I should read more closely. I've spent too much time in the General B.S. forum.

thanks for moving it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:28pm

Style: Korean Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by some Silly Noobie
    Don't post here and say "No Wing Chunner can back up his ****", unless you've fought every last Wing Chun practicioner in the whole of the world. That is fucking childish and doesn't have a place on a forum like this one. Lets be adults about this.
    Wouldn't it be easier for you to just post a video of a _ing _unner that actually can back up his/her ****, rather than being a jackass nutrider who clings to the belief that somewhere out there is a _ing _unner with the real _ing _un who can back it up and nobody has seen in the last few decadesi. Its just that (select one or more options) 1) They are too deadly to spar, 2) living as hermit somewhere in China with no Intarweb, or 3) Training with Yoda in Galaxy Far Far Away?

Beyond that, use the search function, this thread comes up once a week at least.

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Glitch
    There's the flaw in your thinking.

It's not about proving a negative: "No Wing Chunner can ____" or "There is no such thing as an invisible purple ninja monkey".

It's about providing proof of one's claims that Wing Chun does not suck, or rather, is effective as a fighting art against people who train in superior punching arts like Boxing or Kickboxing.

And there is scant evidence to support such an assertion, while loads of evidence supporting the assertion that Wing Chun sucks. Asbel Cancio in the UFC, Emin Boztepe and William Cheung rolling on the ground like school kids instead of displaying any master-level fighting skills that resemble what they teach, etc, all call into question Wing Chun's ability to do anything other than subdue your wife when she's trying to maliciously twist your nipple.

That's what I use my Wing Chun training for.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe its mainly 2 things.

1. The Vast Majority (not all) Chunners believe they are too deadly to spar and make up claims that Wing Chun is the most effective MA period.

2. The staple of Wing Chun is quick centerline punching. Although on the surface is might look ok, its not. First it encourages throwing a punch with only your arm. This ends up with weak surface punching.

I been hit with the chain punch. After getting hit by Kickboxers, Boxers, and Koppojutsu guys the chain punch didn't even phase me.

3. (So what I added an extra one!) Chunners are fun to throw.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun sucks because after I collected up enough crap people spouted about the style, I wrote this spoof ... and the same people started to incorporate what I wrote into their training as a more concise way to spout this ****.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31599

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost: Thanks. I'll make some video as soon as my poor ass can get a camera. I agree with you that the Wing Chun "masters" have yet to prove what they can do. I however, have never seen my teacher get hit, no can I hit his higher ranked students. I think about asking him to let me attack him without restraint, but I don't think that is too wise...

So I'll ask him next week.

Kage Kaze: I spar frequently. I get hit alot. I understand what you mean though, a lot of people are like: "Dude, wtf I could kill u lolz!" My teacher however demands that we fight and make sure the technique works. I've been rocked quite a few times.

As for chain punching, I don't do it, cause I can't get much power out of the punches. Attacking the centerline though is great. All the good points to hit are on the Centerline IMO.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An important step is doing that against people who don't do Wing Chun.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arm punching.
    Squaring off at close range.
    Leaning back.

Demonstrating everything beginning in Chi Sau to make Sifu look good.

Demonstrating their **** constantly to anyone who is too polite to say "I don't care".
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:
Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast