Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 7:13pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha... CMAs dont use mana, we use chi!

BJJ wins again!

eh... nvm

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 10:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just started in the Bujinkan. I only really know about Shihan Prather. Soke Hatsumi. And Takamatsu-sensei. I asked here before looking because i knew you guys talked alot about Kim.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 12:15am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omegahatamoto
    Just started in the Bujinkan. I am a fucking idiot.
    Fixed that for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 2:01am

Style: No-Gi BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just started in the Bujinkan. I only really know about Shihan Prather. Soke Hatsumi. And Takamatsu-sensei. I asked here before looking because i knew you guys talked alot about Kim.
    Prather? That guy is a nut job. Watch out for Initiation. Unless you enjoy live action role playing, do yourself a favor and get out of the Bujinkan.

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 4:00am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Hayes has a bad rep in the Booj for being a shitty martial artist who never understood what he was taught and proclaimed himself an expert anyways. He is considered a good marketer, though. Even though the moves in his numerous books are done dangerously wrong, they spread the word and got many people (me included) to go train in Taijutsu.

Ashida Kim, or Chris Hunter, or Ha Ha Lung, or whatever he calls himself now, made up a bunch of material. He ripped off half the history of Count Dante, who was a lying con artist himself who claimed he was a "death match" master. Count Dante even sued him for it before he died. I heard he won in court, yet Kim still claims he's Dante's student.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Steven Hayes has a bad rep in the Booj for being a shitty martial artist who never understood what he was taught and proclaimed himself an expert anyways. He is considered a good marketer, though. Even though the moves in his numerous books are done dangerously wrong, they spread the word and got many people (me included) to go train in Taijutsu.

WTF? Did Hayes like rape your mom or something. First off, Stephen Hayes is a excellent Taijutsu-ka with a good amount of skill.

Second, It is true some of this information was wrong in his early books, but that was due to that at that point he had only 2 weeks of training and a poor grasp of the Japanese language. Remeber though that book was more, "Hey look what I did, rather then this is how you do it". The "how you do it " books came about after he was licensed.

Since Then Hayes as gone back to Japanese was received full licensing of many of the Bujinkan Ryu-Ha. Unlike the majority of the Bujinkan Shihan, Hayes isn't ranked, he is licensed (big difference), and he has full permission from Hatsumi to do what he is doing.

Hayes gest a bad rep in the Bujinkan becuase he doesn't worship Hatsumi. He respects him as a Teacher. There majority of the Bujinkan has a cult attitude concerning Hatsumi. Hayes doesn't. Hayes is one of the few Bujinkan I have deep respect for. Many of those 15th dans can eat my ass.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    damn it Coyote ...* pokes the noob with a stick * you broke this one ....

here
    Don't worry, theres a new one along every five minuites or so.
    Most of them make stupid claims that they have the ultimate Kung Fu or whatever, and are much more fun.
    Promise.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the deal with Ashida Kim and Stephen Hayes? I really don't know much about either. But both are claiming they have all kinds of ninja knowledge and I can't find anything anywhere to back up their statements. If anybody could help I'd appreciate it immensely..
    They are both guys who think they are Ninjers, and write books about it. This cannot be true, because Ninja don't exist. If their only claim was that they were Taijutsu practitioners, that would be okay.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 11:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    They are both guys who think they are Ninjers, and write books about it. This cannot be true, because Ninja don't exist. If their only claim was that they were Taijutsu practitioners, that would be okay.
    Ninja don't exist. But the art of Ninjutsu is still taught in many Ryu-Ha. Fucking CMAer....

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Ninja don't exist. But the art of Ninjutsu is still taught in many Ryu-Ha. Fucking CMAer....
    In Kentucky, they teach a class on cleaning horseshit out of the stables, but I didn't sign up for that one or the Ninjitsu class.
    Taijutsu does seem like a pretty effective system, but the delusional bastards who think they are Ninja assassins are real nutjobs.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast