Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 8:57am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure there's some kind of subconscious sensory thing happening, but it doesn't REQUIRE you to take it more than once to get "acclimated" to it or whatever. Many people pass on the first try, and there is a common reaction amongst testees; it looks like they get seriously spooked and jerk out of the way. Pretty much everyone that I've heard describe the experience notes that they don't even realize they've moved, its like an involuntary reaction. Similar to stories shared by a number of war vets. Sometimes people move but they still fail, because they obviously just got lucky and rolled away at the right time.

Interesting to blab about but its really nothing to get hung up on IMO. I think its supposed to be representative of certain things, but is not an indication in and of itself of technical ability or teaching skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:07pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    People do not sense intentions without the use of one or more of the five sense.
    Eh, maybe.

A lot of research, some good, most bad, was done on this sort of thing by the USSR and the US during the Cold War. While they never got to the point where any of their explainations of the mechanism made even the slightest bit of sense a lot of material on the way people can percieve things like being watched from behind, etc. was found.

I don't think you need to get into any Psi type explainations of the phenomena and I'm pretty sure it has a material component to it but it doesn't seem to come from the expected perceptual routes of seeing/hearing. Humans simply have a lot more going on for themselves and the insurance of their survival then most people's experience ever touches upon and saddly most of the folks researching this are pseudo-scientists or total yabos.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky
    Where did you supposedly see this?
    Discovery Channel special featuring Hatsumi. The stomp is part of the slicing technique.

You're basically talking about a massive conspiracy beteen thousands of test-takers, times however witnesses.
    Not anymore than what happens on a John Edward television special. The witnesses could very well not see the trick. The testee and test takers could know the trick or be subconscious of it. I'm sure I could wack a ninja on the head in the same type of experiment because I wouldn't give the telegraph. The ninja would be blindfolded, wearing a helmet and have double earplugs. Then again, I could probably do it without the sensory deprivation.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 10:46pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I'm sure I could wack a ninja on the head in the same type of experiment because I wouldn't give the telegraph. The ninja would be blindfolded, wearing a helmet and have double earplugs. Then again, I could probably do it without the sensory deprivation.
    The sensory deprovation would destory the technique. Basically, it is relaxing and uses all your senses except sight. If you are waiting for a "tigger" like a stomp or something, it will be too late and you will get hit on the head. However, if you get hit enough with a shinai, you will evenutally feel it coming. By feel it, it is all your senses working together to compensate for the lack of sight. If you are focusing on one sense like hearing, you will fail. That is "sensing" the intent of sakki.

However, an obvious stomp or yell or anything doesn't happen. Its just a straight strike without anything extra. I have done Sakkijutsu, and so has many other Bullshido members. I am certain Asia did it while in the Genbukan. Maybe he can chime in.

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 7:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Genbukan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a possibly dumb question, but I'm curious. We know that Ashida kim/chris hunter is a sociopath and fraud, but, how the heck can he push his junk and remain in business. are there not laws against ripping off the customer? or are some people just that gullible? I admit Ashida Kim (as well as SKH) was the first I was exposed to (at the ripe old age of 10) but quickly discovered he was ****. *SIGHS* no wonder anyone training in any xkan is looked at funny here. I hate politics

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2006 4:32pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherslock
    Here's a possibly dumb question, but I'm curious. We know that Ashida kim/chris hunter is a sociopath and fraud, but, how the heck can he push his junk and remain in business. are there not laws against ripping off the customer? or are some people just that gullible? I admit Ashida Kim (as well as SKH) was the first I was exposed to (at the ripe old age of 10) but quickly discovered he was ****. *SIGHS* no wonder anyone training in any xkan is looked at funny here. I hate politics
    It's teh same reason that most scams (like the Nigerian Prince who need your account #, and promises you money) still work: there is always someone who doesn't know. I think I read one of Ashida's books in Barnes and Noble after school back in high school. It was the point where I was just taking in info and evaluating stuff. I think there was only one useful idea I took away from teh book, and that was the idea that calling ninjutsu (which he spells "ninjitsu" against all standard convention of romanization of japanese words) the art of winning was wrong, because to win, someone had to lose, when in fact all you really need to to is make your opponent not win.

He makes money for just that reason. You said you were 10 when you read it. Guess what, there's someoen behind you that also doesn't know. Spreading info is the purpose of this website. I wonder how long he can continue to make money, now that the internet provides so much info.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415