Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe when JKDChick and Anna Trocity fight, it'll be in Canada. If so, I'll be there. Canada is a pretty small place, right?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 2:12pm

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys should quit bashing sanchin kata. Do you really think those countless hours of weight training and conditioning can compare with making angry faces and clenched fists, while standing like you're trying to hold back a turd? Ha!
    "Muscular tension" will always own those modern, scientifically proven methods of strength training.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 2:13pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    maybe when JKDChick and Anna Trocity fight, it'll be in Canada. If so, I'll be there. Canada is a pretty small place, right?

I'm down for that, then i can beat up two canadians in one day.

ho ho ho.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 2:26pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    You guys should quit bashing sanchin kata. Do you really think those countless hours of weight training and conditioning can compare with making angry faces and clenched fists, while standing like you're trying to hold back a turd? Ha!
    "Muscular tension" will always own those modern, scientifically proven methods of strength training.
    Uh-oh, bisketios.

I don't know diddly dick about sanchin, nor do I claim to. However;

Being an ACSM certified personal trainer, as well as having lifted weights for the last 12 years, blah blah blah blah blah my qualifications blah....

Muscular tension has been widely ignored western academia. The assumption has always been that the cross section of a muscle is directly proportional to it's strength. While nobody denies that muscle size aids strength, it is not the only factor, and it may not be the most important one. Unfortunately, western science has focused on hypertrophy as a means of strength development almost exclusively.

From a scientific stanpoint, the jury is out on muscular tension. From a personal stanpoint, I can tell you I've been using a tension routine for about a month, and will never, ever go back to anything else. I don;t get osre, I don't leave the gym feeling like I got hit by a mac truck, and I am making the fastest strength gains I have ever seen - not an easy feat for an experienced weightlifter. I'm going to take the route that I am qualified to tell you right now, and that is, don't knock it until you try it. :wbaba2

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 4:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the thread is about some BS karate style calling it's self Sanchin Karate, that is designed to beat up fat com[liant Uke's, and not about the actual kata Sanchin.

But here is the best video online I could find with a short half assed search for Kata Sanchin
    http://www.inigmasoft.com/goju/Sanchin%20Dai%20Ichi.mpg

It's not exactly as we do it as it is too fast and short, but gives some idea as to what it shoudl look like.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 5:16pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My fault for getting my terminology wrong. I was absent the day they taught Japanese.

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 6:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure Canada's not that big, I mean if Jeice can bounce around how big could it be. Fight in Victoria, then in Guelph by dinner time, no sweat. Though, I should warn you.. we're used to fighting in the snow up here, don't think your circulatory system can hack it, it might freeze. That and, watch out for polar bears, they are not fun to go bare knuckle with :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 11:40pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akina
    Sure Canada's not that big, I mean if Jeice can bounce around how big could it be. Fight in Victoria, then in Guelph by dinner time, no sweat. Though, I should warn you.. we're used to fighting in the snow up here, don't think your circulatory system can hack it, it might freeze. That and, watch out for polar bears, they are not fun to go bare knuckle with :P

It's why we're so tough, not quite as tough as the russians, but vodka is stronger than beer.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:30am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was very surprised to find out that most people use sanchin for strength training.

In our club, it's used for body mechanics mostly and alignment and even some techniques. Other then breathing, does sanchin really have anything to do with conditioning?

Here are some alternate views on sanchin.

http://www.wilsonkarate.com/sanchin.html

http://www.wilsonkarate.com/alignment.html
    (once more i will say that this is not an indepth guide, just a simple article)

This thread made me realize i really lucked out when i walked through the door.

If it is taught by tightening muslces, then man, i can understand if karate ever becomes extinct.

Why kata is often bashed im seriosly beginning to understand.

I think they usually suckis because we are not willing to change them.

Do kata the way you fight i think, unless your focussing on just one thing.
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 2/20/2006 12:39am at .

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 12:42am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm down for that, then i can beat up two canadians in one day.

ho ho ho.
    Careful!

All that maple syrup makes us tough!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast