2/17/2006 1:00am, #1
The Whoreian Gracie appeciation thread.
Share with your community pieces of BS that Rorian has said (or done). Off the top of my head;
1) He sued for excusive rights to use the term "Gracie Jujitsu".
2) That "triangle me"guard pass.
The next few are things said on Gracie Jujitsu In Action:
3) He states that Judo players are familiar with "basic" ground-grappling. Hello, where does BJJ originate from? I know that some Judoka might not spend much time on newaza, but I believe most have more than "basic" newaza skills.
4) He says that when he travelled to America he searched far and wide for a martial arts dojo that addressed the reality of ground-grappling. Did he visit any Judo dojos in that time? Submission wrestling? Sambo?
5) He refers to Kimura several times as a Jujitsu fighter, he's a Judo fighter.
6) He never mentions that it was Judo that was taught to Carlos by Maeda, and instead calls it Jujitsu.
7) He suggests on his webpage that all grappling styles come from Gracie Jujitsu.
That's all I can remember at the moment. Is Rorian ashamed of BJJ's Judo roots or something? Does Judo sound to sporty for a "street fighting style" to develop from?
2/17/2006 1:05am, #2
I't s called Marketing. If it were not for Rorion Gracie, your ass would still be in Ninja school.
Oh wait. You are.Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
2/17/2006 1:42am, #3
This thread had potential until you turned into a Judo apologist.
2/17/2006 2:37am, #4Originally Posted by Virus
3. Judo ground game and BJJ ground game not the same.
4. Did he say he never found them?
5. Okay, that pisses me off to. And?
6. No...Maeda was one of Kano's main students but it was still known as Jujitsu back then. At least this is what I've been corrected on.
7. Dude, use the search function this has already been discussed.
Rorian likes to market his **** and it's fucking annoying. There, I agree with you now go find the other threads before I kick you in the vagina.
2/17/2006 2:39am, #5
2/17/2006 2:42am, #6
2/17/2006 2:46am, #7
2/17/2006 3:27am, #8
Originally Posted by omegaOriginally Posted by omegaOriginally Posted by omega
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
- Ving Tsun
In other words, thank you for putting this all in one place. Much appreciated!
Dagon Akujin :XXfridge:
2/17/2006 3:37am, #9
You should have just written a Yrkoon9 appreciation thread on the amount of Rorion bashing I have done over the years. It might have gone over better.
2/17/2006 3:39am, #103) He states that Judo players are familiar with "basic" ground-grappling.