Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 8:11pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dirty Boxing

I am a notorious "dirty boxer." Once I achieve any kind of clinch or tie up, I become all elbows and short hooks. It sets up the "dirty judo" I have been developing beautifully. I have noticed that many striking arts completely ignore the close/clinch range. So here is a thread to discuss your nastiest dirty boxing strategies.

Mine?

I like to double up inside, and let my guy A-frme me. When he does this I slide my head to either side and drill short hooks to both sides of the ribs. When my opponent pulls elbows in to defend, I pop to the outside and thow a hook (or elbow) to the side of the head. If he throws knees, my forearms are already in position to protect, and I scoop under the leg for the takedown. Since I know that the knees are coming, I find this calculated risk to be worth it.

Bring it on, people!

(Will take pics to illustrate later this week)
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 8:22pm

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    over under hook the arms, with my right arm under-hooking his left. attempt throw with the arms which he negates by counterrotating his arms (that is lifting his right arm). throw a knee TO THE LIVER!

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 8:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark Hatmaker has some great stuff on this.

I don't have much. I'm a fan of pulling their headgear over their eyes and punching their gloves into their face. Not much experience.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw Karo P fight for the first time the other night. I love his muay thai neck tie-and-knee, followed by a fast jab cross when they react to the clinch and knees.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 8:40pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saku39
    over under hook the arms, with my right arm under-hooking his left. attempt throw with the arms which he negates by counterrotating his arms (that is lifting his right arm). throw a knee TO THE LIVER!

that is a nice one. Gonna practice that. It reeks of "dirty judo..."
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:06pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High HIGH over hook of one arm, with your other forearm pressed against their temple.
    Amazing control.
    Don't know what you guys know this by tho

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love short hooks and uppercuts with head control. I like to let them knee right into my elbows when in a clinch. Nothing like pointy elbow in your thigh just above the knee joint. I also like to use an upward elbow to the jaw but this doesn't translate so good for training or comp. BTW - Are we talking in general here or training? I also have a sneaky ass silat takedown from the clinch but haven't tried it in years. Thanks for making me remember!

:bully:

Forgot, also like to keep pressure on them with my head forcing them off balance. I just bought Greco Roman Wrestling by Martell so this will help too. Ohh yeah!
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My clinch work isn't very good, but against guys who push forward in the clinch I like to either get an over-under clinch and do a rapid 180 spin to take them off balance. Their moment of imbalance will let me get a better position or a few hard shots to whatever I see.

Another one I like is when I need to disengage I will push them away with both hands on the chest and immediately throw a head kick. One of my coaches taught me it as a way to really nail someone when they try to reingage.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Love short hooks and uppercuts with head control. I like to let them knee right into my elbows when in a clinch. Nothing like pointy elbow in your thigh just above the knee joint.
    I have to try this. The kickboxing class here usually ends up being just me and a couple of professionals and one of them landed too many unanswered knees last time.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 2:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once I'm in close-punching range, I like to crash into the clinch ASAP, creating openings with hooks to the body on the unsecured side. Once in the clinch, I focus mostly on relentless manipulation of their balance while throwing knees from each side. When they resist from one side, I immeaditly go to the other side. When they go limp, they go to the middle and I dig my chin into the back of their neck while throwing straight knees.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 7:07am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to get double overhooks with their head stuck under my armpit and my hips well out, away from them. I normally get here by baiting them with a leg.

From here I sprawl a bit to keep them pressed down a tired while I throw knees to their head, and sometimes round to the body.

I've crushed people down into turtle before and have a nice tai toshi off of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast