Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 6:59pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya Simon.

So one day it's me, a car smuggler, a pimp, and Chinese KGB officer sitting in hotel office drinking Coca Cola, when the KGB guy gets a phone call from the police station. It's his friend who has just been arrested for vehicular manslaughter and he needs help getting out of jail.

No this is not the beginning of a really bad joke, it's a true story.
    Oh how I miss China!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:48pm

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you mean PSB? I think that is the moniker their cops (secret and overt) usually go by. KGB was soviet.

But I saw a sweekt KGB flask in a gift shop here. 45 kuai...
    Mabey when I get that cheque for that magazine article.......

As for car smugglers and pimps...

I get adverts for illegal car sales on my cellphone as junk mail and brothels are so bloody common over here you have to be careful when you go to get your haircut in case it's not really a salon at all.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 9:09am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure what the designation was for them in English terms. I knew them as
    "国安局"

As for everything else, your right on the money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 9:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion, reconciliation can only occur once China recognizes our rights and no longer threatens to use their military to force the reunification. Also, I support Taiwanese Independence.

To Address some of your arguments:
    However, the economy was originally formed in the Japanese Occupation era, and in the initial years industrial and agricultural output went down about 700-800 thousand tons.

Also in the years the nationalist government was in power, the US provided them with billions of dollars worth of financial aid.

The democracy resulted from an opening up of higher government positions and regulations to Taiwanese people by ex-president Lee Teng Hui, who was the first native Taiwanese president. He only became president when Chiang Ching Kuo died (he was vice president, and they tried to pull a Teddy Roosevelt on him), and nowadays he is demonized by the Nationalist Party for only joining the KMT to gain power and advance the "Seperatist Cause".

But yeah, peace is important to people on both sides.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 9:30am

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw my first soldier today.

He was younger than me, half my size, a private, unarmed and looking rather bashful in a uniform so new that ir crackled when he walked.

When a big Laowai came up, said hello, clapped him on the back and shook his hand you know what? He completely failed to drag me off to jail!

PS: I just want to say :new_birth to my beautiful girlfriend Eileen who turned 24 today. Now I have to get the cake and budweiser out of my hair. Goodnight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 10:30am

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TWKOXINGA posted.
    To Address some of your arguments:
    However, the economy was originally formed in the Japanese Occupation era, and in the initial years industrial and agricultural output went down about 700-800 thousand tons.
    So how well was most of the world's economies doing during the period cited? Lets not forget the number of refugees that were fleeing the mainland.

Also in the years the nationalist government was in power, the US provided them with billions of dollars worth of financial aid.
    That is a technicality. The US provided and provides financial aid to numerous countries in the world. Most of them did not become economic powerhouses. As a matter of fact, many remain less than prosperous.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112