Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 9:27pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkwon
    There was in fact some contact between the Chinese and Greco- Roman Culture by way of the Parthian who were in contact with both cultures ,
    And the Central Asian wrestling does show signs of this contact.
    I believe that every culture developed some of this stuff at parallel points in time. I think studying concepts such as body mechanics, leverage, logistics, etc and then weaponizing them is common sense.

Even the Hawaiians with their "lua" used some joint manipulations, or so I've heard.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 10:08pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the same opinion Simon. Many people in the U.S. think China is this horrible country where they have no freedoms and everyone is poor and miserable. I love to see the looks on their faces when I tell about how many people I see over there driving foreign cars, wearing Armani, and drinking cognac. Hysterical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 5:53am

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pierre Cardin is ultra popular at the moment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 7:51am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's because Pierre Cardin makes good quality shirts

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 9:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    My point is that Tibet was not a great place to live before China's occupation. It's probably a slight bit better now.
    Yep, forced abortion. torture, poverty, no freedom of expression, soldiers everywhere willing to arrest you and cart you off to prison for decades

Paradise.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Yep, forced abortion.

Myth. Lotsa folks around here even have multiple kids! (Shock! horror!)

torture,
    Go fish. You gotta stop listening to those falun daffy nutjobs.

poverty
    Yup. Plenty of that but things are getting slowly better on this count.

, no freedom of expression,
    Misnomer. They are just more open about their newspapers being a place for the ruling elite to diseminate propaghanda. In my experience many Chinese people are very unrestrained in expressing themselves.

soldiers everywhere willing to arrest you and cart you off to prison for decades
    :wtfgif9fr Shenme? Zai nar la? Oh wait.... these are invisible soldiers. Seriously I've been here for eight months. I've had supper with factory owners who are probably like this: :kiss: with the triads. I've also chilled with judges and gotten rides home from supper in cop cars. I haven't seen one soldier. I haven't even seen a gun.

Dude you have some serious misconceptions about the PRC. Come over here; they won't arrest you for being Maigua ren but they might stare and shout helooo! Hell! Come on down in September for the throwdown!

Paradise
    No. China is a place like any other. It's a bit safer than North America. It's a hell of a lot poorer. It's more concerned about collective rights than those of the individual and the entire society is based around an informal network of friends and associates in order to get by. It isn't paradise but there are places hella worse than China too.

Of course I'm in Shanxi, not Tibet but it's hard to get tourists when you turn somewhere into a concentration camp and tourism is exactly what China wants to do with Tibet.

Don't forget to check for reds under your bed.
    Last edited by Simon McNeil; 2/19/2006 10:12am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:46am

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is easier to swallow propaganda about another country when you've never been there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True.

Another good reason to travel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 1:38pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has derailed. This thread is destined for General BS.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 1:42pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But since I am partly responsible.

twKoxinga stated.
    us Taiwanese considered ourselves Chinese/ part of China, and when we found out the Nationalist government was going to take control after WWII we were ecstatic.
    One thing that you and your mainland brethren can probably agree on. Perhaps a basis for reconciliation eventually.

twKoxinga stated.
    This would lead to a oppressive military rule by the dictatorship of Chiang Kai-shek and his son Chiang Ching-kuo until the 1980's, and the suppression of information regarding the 2-28 incident (which is what its called).
    Well, the current prosperity of the Republic of China did take place under the watch of the oppressive regime of Chiang Kai-shek and Chiang Ching-kuo. The current democracy came out of the same oppressive regime. Was it really that terrible?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast