Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For what little he knows...that is the only submission he ever seems to almost get...ALMOST.
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 8:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Garbanzo Bean is "The Man"

The Heavy Weight Blues were few so the just blended them all together. I think they put the 186-200, 201-220, and 221+ all together.

GB is the man...all 3 of his matches were against guys from my school.
    The first opponent (around 200 lbs.)...I thought he might have a chance, but it would be tough. I was impressed when GB won by submission.
    Good Job.

Second opponent (The lightest one involved but he is ripped, it is all muscle)...I thought, "Oh no, GB's in trouble now." GB lost but I thought it would be pretty quick and it wasn't. I'm not sure how it ended...I don't remember...but he last a great deal longer than I thought he would.

Third opponent (the heaviest one involved)...his opponent was heavy, strong, technical, and suprisingly QUICK for his size. Also...his stand up is awesome. I knew that GB was going to try to hip throw him and I thought that there was no way he was going to pull it off on him. BLAMMO!!! he did it. Sweet!!! Not only that but he submitted him. I know all three of these opponents...I know how good they are. My doubts early in these matches were not meant to insult GB...they were because of how good these guys are. GB was awesome. I will never doubt him again. He has risen to a whole new level. He is "The Man."
    :adora:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats Garbanzo.

I should've looked through the site to figure out what you guys looked like so I could say hey. After seeing KP's avatar with you two in it I recognize you guys from this weekend. Next tournament I'll do so for sure.
  4. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you weren't the guy that squeezed my head for 4 minutes ... are you? Ha.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, don't think so. That's not my style anyway. I came in at 214 and won the 200-220 white division. Didn't squeeze anybodies head but armbarred one, kimura'ed the second (and he tapped after it had popped, and I applied it with control, only guy I didn't talk to after the match :cry: ) and didn't finish the last opponent but got him on points (13-3). Day couldn't have gone better. It definitely washed the bad taste that the Arnold's left, Alan did a good job running it. So thanks for the heads up on this event.

How did you make out KP?
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 10:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    victem of 4 minute melon squeeze...I couldn't get out of it but he wouldn't try to upgrade to something else. I will watch the tape and write something up later today. I lost a 0-0 tie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 10:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's terrible. That happend to me at the Arnolds. I failed a leg trip and ended up in side control (takedown points for him). Worked back to my guard and the guy held me down for a win. I feel your pain. I still haven't come up with a solution to prevent the hold down/pin for the win.
  8. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I choke the takedown, no points were awarded to either, justifiably. The melon squeeze appeared to be an arm triangle attempt so he was awarded 1 Advantage point.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    Second opponent (The lightest one involved but he is ripped, it is all muscle)...I thought, "Oh no, GB's in trouble now." GB lost but I thought it would be pretty quick and it wasn't. I'm not sure how it ended...I don't remember...but he last a great deal longer than I thought he would.
    After we got back to standing and I got him with the hip throw "to his dome" as he put it, he reversed my cross body because I didn't come down on top with nearly enough control (this is something I need to work on). I'm not sure if he flipped me over and I just ended up in half guard or if we scrambled for a second after he rolled me and I pulled half guard. At any rate, he got through my half guard and finished me with a cross collar choke at about 4 minutes into the match I think.

John (my opponent) is a great guy with amazing strength, awesome technical ability, and probably twice my experience. I'd roll with him any day of the week and enjoy losing when I did.

The only thing that annoys me is how much they screwed the bracket up after my match with John.

I'm going to be out of the regional tournament game around here for a few years, but hopefully I'll be able to keep training when I'm in the Army. Might even see you guys at the Pan Ams or something.

P.S. -- KP, you missed the absolute blue belt division. I ended up injuring my ribs and having to drop out in the middle of my match with my first opponent when I was ahead on points. The competition actually ended up being pretty good in there, so I'm pissed about missing out on that. Instead of a medal I got a prescription for lortab and doctor's orders not to roll for a few weeks. Oh, and I look pregnant in that picture we took. Nice.

Edit: Thanks for the kind words guys. Congratulations to you two as well. I know you lost KP, but you're getting better with every tournament. I was definitely pleased with the level of competition I got stacked up against. The bracket screw ups and delays were a little annoying, but otherwise it was a very well-run tournament.
    Last edited by Cassius; 4/10/2006 2:18pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  10. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I blame everything on that crappy camera!!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456