Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2008 1:01pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I'll see if I can get in touch with them this weekend.

Were you able to find out anything ? I got more coming on this guy !

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 6:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ/Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems that his web-site is down. I wonder if that's in light of this thread?

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 5:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crapshit !!!!!!! Scornea finally made it here ! I know this instructor. I studies with him for about 6 months and this was about 10 or 11 years ago. His martial arts "biography" is so just full of dung . I left for Japan to visit my mother's brother for the first time and I told him I was trining in this traditional karate based in the US. My uncle has never heard of this guy and his "ancient" art at all and mind you, my uncle did trained in karate. this guy does not act like a zen priest ! he is abrasive and demanding. He would keep coming of that office in corner and berate the intructors that were teaching classes for him in front of everybody. Glad I got out of it.
    Last edited by Nobunaga; 10/23/2008 5:40pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 5:43pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Haven't found anything yet.
    2) If your criticism of this man is that he doesn't act like a "Zen priest", you don't know **** about Zen priests.

Posted On:
    10/23/2008 5:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    1) Haven't found anything yet.
    2) If your criticism of this man is that he doesn't act like a "Zen priest", you don't know **** about Zen priests.
    I do not know anything about zen priest or zen. l, but if this instructor is the epitome of what a zen priest should be, then I lose all respect. I would assumed that they have at least a calm demeanor regardless if he is a priest or not ! But hey ! its your call !

Adding more:

At the end of the class the instructor would preached to us about zen. Funny thing of all the 6 months I've been there, skcornia is the complete opposite of what he preaches.
    Last edited by Nobunaga; 10/23/2008 7:20pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 11:55am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Theory
    It seems that his web-site is down. I wonder if that's in light of this thread?
    Nope it is still alive and growing.

http://zendoryukarate.com/Shorinji_Zendo-ryu.html

His new claim:

http://alljapankarateassociation.com/

I have contacted long time students of Mr. Toyama and they never heard of him and his organization. According to them Toyama Sensei did not name a successor to his organization.

Given the benefits of the doubts, I would love to see some evidences or documentations that proves All Japan Karate Association is indeed the oldest organization in the world scanned and posted here.

Here is a list of list of Toyama High Ranking Students

Yoshikawa Hideo Hanshi Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Nerima District, Seifukan Director)
    Yoshida Tetsuo Shihan (Ibaragi Prefecture, Tatsugazaki City, Taiikukyokai Karate Club Director)
    ?- Tamaki ?___ Hanshi Shihan (Oita Prefecture, Beppu City, Tachinaka Section Junior High School Principal)
    Takamine Michio Shihan (Kyushu)
    Tsuchiya Hideo Shihan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Odawara City)
    Taruzaki Takeo Hanshi Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Setagaya Kempokan Director)
    Nakagomi Ichiro Shihan (Yamanashi Prefecture, Yu Dan Sha (Grade/Ranking) Chairman)
    Korishima Ichiro Hanshi Shihan (Tokyo, Retired Army Lieutenant General)
    Kurita Yoshifumi Shihan (Ehime Prefecture)
    Yabiku Isamu Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Muronouchi)
    Fujiwara Fumiyoshi Shihan (Fukuoka City, Tenjin Cho (Block), Seiki Dojo Director)
    Kinoshita Yoshifumi Shihan (Saitama Prefecture, Kitaadachi County)
    Koizumi Shonosuke Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Meguro District)
    Koyasu Michio Shihan (Kyushu)
    Amamiya Hiroshi Shihan (Yamnashi Prefecture, Shioyama City)
    * Akamine Shosuke Shihan (Kawasaki City, Nakajima. 5 January 1947 (Showa 22) Conferred)
    Arai Toshiro Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Toshima District, Chihaya Prepatory School Director)
    Arakaki Ryusho Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Yoyogi Shudokan Branch Dojo Director)
    Sakura Toshio Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Daito District)
    * Kinjyo Hiroshi Hanshi Shihan (Tokyo Renbukan Shihan. 1 March 1947 (Showa 22) Conferred)
    Shimabukuro Kosuke Shihan (Yokohama City, Tsurumi District, Shimabukuro Dojo Director)
    Shibanaka Isao Shihan (Ehime Prefecture)
    Shimono Keiji Shihan (Self Defense Force General Affairs Director)
    Higa Yoshito Hanshi Shihan (Okinawa, By Imperial Decision, Public Prosecutor General)
    Higa Yoshiaki Shihan (Yokohama City, Tsurumi District)
    * Higashiona Hiroshi Hanshi Shihan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Omichikan Headquarters Director.
    5 January 1947 (Showa 22) Conferred) .
    Higa Seitoku Shihan (Ryukyu Public Prosecutors Office, Prosecuting Attorney)
    Morita Sadao Shihan (Yokohama City)
    Suzuki Hideaki Shihan (Tokyo Metropolitan, Ota District)
    ?- Suzuki Yosh ?_ Shihan (Shizuoka Prefecture, Seishukan Director)
    Sunabe Koichi Shihan (Yokohama City, Tsurumi District, Sunabe Dojo Director)
    Akitani Seiji Shihan (Shudokan Chairman)
    Murata Yoshitaro Shihan (Hokaido)

Skornia is not listed, So the big question would be "How in the world did this unknown karate "master" became the succesor of Toyama Organization ?"

Representatives of Eizo Shimabukoro and Kanken Toyoma's organization have already confirmed to me via email that they cannot recall or verify thier relationship to Skonia's All Japan Karate Association "International".

Based on this, I have concluded that Skornia's All Japan Karate Association is self-created and Skonia as the president is "self-appointed" with no link to Japan or Okinawa.

Of course if Skonia can provide the "certifcate of appointment" signed and dated by Eizo Shimabuko or Kanken Toyama, then consider this matter closed and sincere apology to him.

If skonia can't produced any of these certificates, then I think that giving certificates under Kanken Toyama's name can be constituted as fraudulent act.

Something smells awfully ratty in here !
    Last edited by hate2beU; 10/29/2008 11:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 12:17am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah Man it's too bad I didnt find this thread a couple of months ago and now I have to be a thread necro...oh well, here's what I know about Skornia. This guy pooped up in my life in 02-03 time frame. A frien of mine was teaching a gendai Jujutsu system in Lake Elsinore, CA at the time and there were also TKD and Karate teacher there as well. Apparently the karate teacher was of Skornia's "lineage". Well on one summer evening there was a "big deal" BB test and this Skornia guy shows up...overweight and pompus! He was handing everyone there his "bio". I was actually training in the BJK at the time and in his bio he wrote that he was a trained ninja master. I was kinda excited at the time actually because I thought this guy could teach me something. HA, as it turns out it was all untruth. Actually him and I got a pizza together just before this BB test...WOW this guy went through like 3 pitchers of beer in an hour, I was definately impressed!
    Anyways at the time he was really pushing his Zendo Ryu Karate. Well anyhow one of the top ranking jujutsu students was also like a 4th dan in TK and Karate and went up every week to pay skornia $300/hr for private lessons. I remember him saying that skornia was more interested in the jujutsu system my buddy was training in more than anything. Here we are like 5 years later and Skornia is now supposed to be some authority on Aikijujutsu. Wow this guy...hehehe really some people ya know!
    So I was kinda surfing around on his site the other day and he lists a ton of "Masters/Advisors" who are resposible for the forming of "shorinji aikijujutsu". I notice that among all of these instructors he list Angier Sensei. Well as it turns out I know someone who trains with Angier Sensei so I put in a phone call. Well according to the Soke Dai of the system they have no record of Skornia ever even training there. Furthermore as it turns out apperently they know some of the other so called advisors whom skornia lists too and they have nver heard of him either. Thats my 2 cents. OUT!

Posted On:
    12/11/2008 6:52pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshinsha1
    So I was kinda surfing around on his site the other day and he lists a ton of "Masters/Advisors" who are resposible for the forming of "shorinji aikijujutsu". I notice that among all of these instructors he list Angier Sensei. Well as it turns out I know someone who trains with Angier Sensei so I put in a phone call. Well according to the Soke Dai of the system they have no record of Skornia ever even training there. Furthermore as it turns out apperently they know some of the other so called advisors whom skornia lists too and they have nver heard of him either. Thats my 2 cents. OUT!
    Ouch ! Ouch ! You should tell them about his site ! I do not much about the Aikijujutsu community and I was not sure what is real with this guy anymore.

The most absurd claim ! --- from his site: http://americanaikijujitsuassociation.com/

Shorinji AikijujitsuTM is an ancient martial art that predates modern Aikido and Jujitsu styles.

Come on now ! Shorinji Akikujutsu is older than Aikido and Jujutsu ???. ..wow !
    Last edited by Nobunaga; 12/11/2008 6:59pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 11:03am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I have actually seen this guy perform, I wasn't impressed with his Karate let alone any throws or anything. It appeard to me as if he had some entry level Judo training, but thats all. You know what, nowadays you can make yourself as legendary as you want from the comfort of your own home. From what I understand (and this is not verified) but I think the Soke-dai of Yanagi Ryu is actually calling Skornia on this. There are some Jujutsu systems that can trace themselves back to the 16th or 17th century I think, maybe the shorinjin (shaolin monk) has been around before then but I seriously doubt shorinji aikijujitsu has.

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 11:33am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobunaga
    Shorinji Aikijujitsu TM is an ancient martial art that predates modern Aikido and Jujitsu styles.

Come on now ! Shorinji Akikujutsu is older than Aikido and Jujutsu ???. ..wow !
    One wonders how one could trademark something that old, if that were the case.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast