Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 3:43pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone else able to see the staff/pole that has been Photoshop'ed out of this photo: http://ufs.kungfusansoo.info/images/fly1.jpg

What a damned poser.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 4:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well they have stepped in the ring. That is better than me but, this article doesn't help TMA/SanSoo.

http://ufs.kungfusansoo.info/mmafc.htm

Kyle Olsen the new MMA Fighting Challenge Lightweight World Champion

Kyle Olsen, Scott Hamm and myself made it down to Guadalajara to compete in the 4th fighting challenge held by the commission of Mexico and to give Kyle a shot at the lightweight title. Due to cracked ribs from training I didn't think twice about competing. Not to say the promoter didn't try and get me in the ring, you have to know when to hold off for the right time. Scott on the other hand sprained his ankle in the hotel room trying to jump from one end of the room onto the bed in hopes to crack the box spring. What turned out to be something funny for him was dreadfully painful. But talk about heart he wrapped his ankle and took some advil and tried to fight anyway. Needless to say he lost in the first round but has no regrets.

Kyle came out dressed like Spiderman and silly stringed the audience as they booed him. He jumped over the ropes head first and rolled on the canvas and popped up with his arms up in victory. The thing was Kyle was sick from a cold and also suffered from dehydration to cut weight for the fight. Kyle's opponent, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and Edson Carvalho protégé named Rafael Salomao claimed to have 300 + wins with no loses.

The bell rang and round one started with serious fireworks. It was a back and forth battle that started standing with punches in bunches. Rafael pulled guard standing and Kyle countered by running him into the corner like we planned. This round showed both fighters ground game as positions were established and countered. Round two I had too in a hurry tape up Kyle's glove in order for him to carry on and not be ejected from the fight. He was having a hard time dealing with the dehydration but like a true champ was willing to push forward.

Round two started and was much like round 1 with both fighters going for submission attempts that nearly ended the fight. Kyle caught Rafael in an armbar that looked like it was going to be the end for the Brazilian. But they make them tough in Brazil and he escaped. Kyle got caught in the side mount and for every one knee Rafael threw, Kyle launched 4 at his head a ratio I was more than satisfied with.

Round 3 was coming next and Kyle this time was on his knees looking bad from the dehydration. I wasn't sure if he was going to ask me to throw in the towel or not as bad as he looked but Scott said "come on world champion" and Kyle was back on his feet. The bell rang and Kyle danced around Rafael a punch was thrown and then a high kick all while moving around to confuse him. Then the Brazilian caught Kyle's leg in an attempted knee and down they went. Rafael went for an armbar from the guard when Kyle defended and started firing knees to his rib cage. Incidentally this is how I cracked my ribs in training from Kyle, but back to the fight. Kyle picked up Rafael and from the armbar and slipped out to settle himself in a full horse position to send wicked punches to the face of the Rafael. Eight strong punches each landed all while the crowd was cheering Olsen, Olsen, Olsen. One last hit and referee Larry Landless waved his arms to signal that Rafael was knocked out and as they say.........the crowd went wild!!!

This now makes Kyle the new lightweight Vale Tudo champion of MMAFC. Congratulations to Kyle for all his hard work obtaining the title and in general with his journey in the martial arts.

It was truly an epic fight and a brilliant victory!
    Wow. Cry much?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Opener
    Yes there are some ridiculous claims and ideas in San Soo but it does come down to the individual. Otherwise Kyle Olsen wouldn't have beaten Edson Carvalho's top black belt.

http://ufs.kungfusansoo.info

Maybe the bjj guy should have just moved his head or readjusted or whatever excuse you can pull from the bag of bullshit.

The fact is he was knocked out by a San Soo fighter, on the ground.
    What I see that happens is guys like this go out and xtrain, or their insturctor does it and teaches what he learned then try to claim it as a victory for SanSoo.

Thats like doing Aikido then xtraining MT and BJJ and calling my win a victory for Aikido without doing a single tech from Aikido.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 5:12pm

Style: Sombo, Judo, San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Typical "talking from ass statement" with no basis in the reality of this fight.

Kyle won by knockout, not armbar.

Xtraining multiple styles doesn't dilute who you are.

Renzo studying MT doesn't mean he's no longer a BJJ man.

Keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    What I see that happens is guys like this go out and xtrain, or their insturctor does it and teaches what he learned then try to claim it as a victory for SanSoo.

Thats like doing Aikido then xtraining MT and BJJ and calling my win a victory for Aikido without doing a single tech from Aikido.

Genius

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, just because he didn't use San Soo doesn't mean he wasn't a San Soo fighter.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Opener
    Typical "talking from ass statement" with no basis in the reality of this fight.

Kyle won by knockout, not armbar.

Xtraining multiple styles doesn't dilute who you are.

Renzo studying MT doesn't mean he's no longer a BJJ man.

Keep trying.
    You obviously didn't comprehend what I said.

Renzo doesn't accredit a MT roundkick KO to BJJ. BIG difference. :happy7:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 7:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    You obviously didn't comprehend what I said.

Renzo doesn't accredit a MT roundkick KO to BJJ. BIG difference. :happy7:
    When people from crappy arts cross train, like a wing chun or san soo guy, then go out and win a fight why do they always attribute it to the crappy art training rather than the cross training?

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 7:30pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because they desperately want to believe they haven't been wasting their time training in X, and/or they've got a deep-seated case of orientophilia?

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would orientophilia stop you from wanting to extol the virtues of Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 7:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Orientophilia meaning "Belief that powerful chi/flower arrangement/bushido philosophy will make you better at whupping assorted asses.

The only orientophilia prevalent in MT and JJJ is the wai kru and the names of techniques. The rest is all about actual fighting art rather than philosophy.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast