Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 9:03pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lethal San Soo and S.C.A.R.s again

This is from a weight training H.I.T. forum. "SanSooMan" thinks he is the **** with teh d34dly San Soo Kung Fu. http://www.drdarden.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=412653

How can I do a neck break at full speed
    and live to it again? You must control your force but never "pull your punches". Sparring does not teach you how to fight for your life, just how to hold back and not use all your body weapons. You'll get "beat" up enough at a moderate speed, full-speed will get you killed.
    In response, Thorwalsh wrote:
    How do you do a neck break at full speed? Having grappled for most of my adult life I know that all I need to do to accomplish this is to take various neck submissions farther and harder than when I spar. My strength is that I know how to transition into these with a fully resisting opponent.

You know that the way you train is how you will behave under stress so going at half speed will not prepare you better for a real encounter. I have watched guys train in this half speed, with guys moving the way their "supposed" to and just reminds me of Barney Fife telling Andy Taylor that he came at him with the knife "wrong".
    Which teh d34dly SanSooMan replied:
    Very true that how you train is how you fight, that is why you must slow it down. I'm not talking Tae Chi here, but going fast just covers your mistakes. Then you do that on the street and it will not work. I don't have to train for speed, just accuacy-hit your targets with weighted force, that's how you stop an aggressive man 50 lbs. bigger than you. Slow down, hit your targets. A million Chinesee fighting monks can't be wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 12:02pm

Style: To Shin Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note: during the Chinese Boxers' Rebellion, monks lined up in the street thinking they could dodge bullets.

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "A million Chinesee fighting monks can't be wrong." - SanSooman.

Love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 6:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has probably been posted before, but maybe sansooman should watch http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...linkinfo&id=44 The kung fu san soo instructor put up $5,000 against pro MMA fighter John Marsh for a real no rules fight with eye jabs, fish hooking, etc. all allowed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 7:25pm

Style: HSR, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a hysterical video! The "*crackle* AAAAHHH!!!" at the end was just priceless. Grappling FTW. ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 8:36pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are you certain that was for $5000?? can that be verified? I am not trying to act like a smart ass but it just didn't look like they were fighting there all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 9:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree it wasn't much of a fight, but that's because the san soo guy had nothing. As far as validation goes, you might want to look at this discussion, particularly page 2 and 3, as "knifefighter" was actually one of Marsh's students present at the fight.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=40361

Someone thought it was a wing chun guy fighting (because they typically look this bad) but it was really a kung fu san soo "streetfighter". The funny thing is that the kung fu dude got his arm broken since he set the "no tap" rule! LOL!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    2/18/2006 10:14pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whybother
    This has probably been posted before, but maybe sansooman should watch [url="http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewlinkinfo&id=44[/url] The kung fu san soo instructor put up $5,000 against pro MMA fighter John Marsh for a real no rules fight with eye jabs, fish hooking, etc. all allowed.
    "Good... yeah.... that's fine..."

Priceless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 3:14pm

Style: Sombo, Judo, San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes there are some ridiculous claims and ideas in San Soo but it does come down to the individual. Otherwise Kyle Olsen wouldn't have beaten Edson Carvalho's top black belt.

http://ufs.kungfusansoo.info

Maybe the bjj guy should have just moved his head or readjusted or whatever excuse you can pull from the bag of bullshit.

The fact is he was knocked out by a San Soo fighter, on the ground.

Genius

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sun will shine on a dog's ass once in a while. This doesn't show taht San Soo is any good.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast