Thread: Premier Martial Arts
4/25/2007 11:20am, #161
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
Here is a quote direct from a Premier Martial Arts web site (the acronym "PMA" in the following represents Premier Martial Arts). After you read this - you decide if this is the type of training base that you would like to learn from!!! I know, for me "scripted systems," "mass intro," or recruiting you "100th school" of any style at all - just woukld not suit me.
As a school owner do you ever get frustrated, confused about what to do next, or you seem unfocused or burnt out? - Management Systems - With PMA you never have to wonder that to do next in your business. Our detailed, scripted systems will guide you and your staff in day to day task and operations that will insure that you put "First things First."
Are you tired of hearing people to tell you what works, but it never does for you? Tired of people giving marketing advise that have either NEVER had schools or they do not sign up more than 5 to 7 students per month themselves? - Marketing Strategies - Our PMA marketing strategies are based on Action! Making things Happen! Not waiting to see what doesn't happen. Our systems like, Mass Intros, Power Appointments, Personalized Specific Marketing and Tele-Mail will enable your school to reach your target marketing effectively.
Do have staff that seem to never get the job done, they never quite perform at 100%, or are you always looking for new staff members? - Staff Development Program - PMA provides continuing education for your staff members to keep them informed, highly trained, and motivated. PMG provide staff meetings for your team twice per week to keep them focused on their current task and actions as well as training colleges for program directors, instructors, and managers to help maximized your staff's results.
Do your students seem to quit as fast as you sign up new ones? Have you stayed at the same number of students for over a year now? Do your students seem that they are not giving their best anymore? Class Management Systems - With PMA's Class Management Systems like A/B Days, Rotating Curriculum, Black Belt Excellence Personal Development Program, and our Modern Martial Arts Curriculum, our studios teach exciting, educational, entertaining, and benefit driven classes. Our class management systems allows our schools to produce high quality students while keeping our students - our students!
When Only Results Count Premier Martial Arts is currently nearing it's 100th school in a little over 18 months. We have transitioned schools from many styles of martial arts and from all over the US, Canada, and England. Now these schools have something in common, Success! In the first quarter of 2006 the average PMA school signed up 27 new students per month, upgraded an average of 16 current student per month to higher training program, and grosses an average income of $42,800 per month. Our Results speak for themselves.
Premier Martial Arts will give you Proven Results No Theories, No Philosophy, No Guessing!
Our program will grow your business, help you retain your students, train your staff, keep you focus on what is important, hold you accountable, and insure your SUCCESS!
4/25/2007 2:03pm, #162
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Mostly drinking. E-chaun
from what it sounds like PMA sounds less like an "independant martial arts program" and more an entrepeneur that is using a marketing name to sell locations- not quite a franchise, but kind of exhibiting qualities of it.
I think dolphin gym is run the same way, each independantly owned, but still steers clear of the franchise law so they aren't regulated under that.
It sounds like the push of a PMA program to put in MMA instructors may be a side benefit that would actually better say "joe's mcdojo karate" that was operating a crap operation before, but I wonder how much a PMA program would improve a gym that already exists at that site that is crap.
Does PMA require you to have certain types of instructors and classes?
Do they oversee and do some quality assurance to make sure that new instructors hired to teach the "improved" classes are really quailfied (have the qualifications they say they have)?
I'm just kind of curious.
4/26/2007 7:52pm, #163
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
1. What a bunch of whiny babies.
2. Damn, what a bunch of whiny babies.
3. The hate caused by jealousy on this forum is thick.
4. There has to be more to these questions about PMA other than your concern for the general public. There just has to be.
5. I think it is referred to as little man syndrome… yes YOU.
6. About the ass that stated he was asked to be a PMA instructor after a couple of weeks, training sessions or whatever it was… is a liar.
7. It is possible that he was told that he could become an Instructor…someday.
8. How many of you guys that are whining about PMA have ever taken a class headed by someone other than a Master Instructor? Yes, that’s right almost all if not all of you.
9. No other organization in the country is doing as much for the potential student as PMA.
10. PMA owners and their main instructors were all sound martial artists before PMA. The owners and instructors don’t need to learn the basics over again and then crawl themselves to instructor hood over what time table you believe in.
11. Babies, the PMA colleges are not set up to take a novice to black belt in no time; the colleges are set up to show PMA owners and instructors how PMA wants the curriculum taught. These people are not necessarily learning new material or elements of the martial arts; they are learning to teach the PMA curriculum in the proper organized format.
12. So as for the whining about the PMA instructor colleges being only three days per curriculum level, STOP whining. Accomplished martial artists such as those of PMA pound it out for 8-9 straight hours a day for those 3-4 days per curriculum level. And then, as I believe Mr. Epps stated, the material is to be practiced constantly for three straight months before each instructor is tested on it at the next curriculum level college. Any one who doesn’t pass their test at the next curriculum college can not move on and has to repeat that college.
13. Did I forget to mention that Mr. Epps and Joe are the only two in this thread that are not clowns?
14. As to the incessant whining about credentials… I know of 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th degree Master JERKS all over this country that buy their stripes and for that matter I know of many, many people who just sew another stripe on their belt every 2 or 3 years. So who gives a damn about what some one claims that their credentials are?
15. As far as Premier MMA is concerned. Yes, Premier is new to the MMA game but so is almost every mainstream martial arts school in the world. What Premier is doing is the correct way to introduce the general public, adults and kids to the world of MMA. Premier is not claiming to be the KNOW-ALL clearing house for MMA as you clowns try to suggest with your dribble on the past 17 pages. Premier does have professional MMA instructors. Premier has aligned itself with the likes of Hermes Franca, Kurt Pellegrino and the Armory. The MMA pros that Premier already has are being complimented by the Armory team and Premier is working on laying a solid foundation to properly instruct in the mixed martial arts. (hold on I saw a “little man” run by and I have to throw-up).
16. Before I get to the Mario from NYC fiasco I want to ask you ass clowns what is wrong with having a very profitable martial arts school?
IT’S THE American way. A lot of martial arts instructors are tired of working for bowls of rice. We don’t care how they did it 2000 years ago. Premier Martial Arts is about REAL World self defense, fitness and community. It was stated in this thread earlier that not every one is looking for a fighting school so that they can learn to beat the crap out of people. A lot of families are taking classes together and some of those are in it just for fitness. Every person has a different reason for starting martial arts. Very few of the estimated 20 million martial artists in this country are looking to beat the crap out of some one to make themselves feel better about their “little man” syndrome.
For those of you, who couldn’t run a successful school and are jealous of profitable schools, try this one on: YOU WHINERS ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS.
I received what I believe was a bogus call this week from a man inquiring about classes at our school. I have a feeling it was a competitor. I politely answered all of his questions. He then asked me about the monthly price for twice a week lessons. I stated that the monthly fee was $149.00 per month for our adult Black Belt Training Course. His reply was, “that’s a little steep isn’t it?” My reply was, “No, considering that we are about to raise the price to $179.00 per month and as soon as any other area martial arts school matches $179.00 we will immediately raise our price to $199.00 per month.” WAIT, IT GETS BETTER…
He then stated that he would stop by in a couple of days. I corrected him and told him that he would stop by only with an appointment on a Monday or Wednesday night at 6:00pm and then I asked him which of these times would work best for him. He then stated that he would call back to set an appointment. I knew within the first 20 seconds that this man would never show no matter what I said. What, do you people think this school is open to the public to come in and question? See our motto at the bottom. So the moral of the story is we will charge as much as the market will bear and be proud of it. It makes me sick to see a school owner that’s afraid to ask for a decent salary. We are professionals and very good at what we do. Go park next to the drive through window at McDonalds for 60 minutes on a Saturday at lunch time and watch the money being thrown away on happy meals. I feel that I would be doing those mothers and their children a great disservice by charging only $79.00 per month for classes and leave that family with an extra $100.00 per month to throw away more junk be it McDonalds or any of the other 1000 useless things these parents waste their money on each month.
17. Back to Mario from NYC. As was suggested to you “little men” earlier in this thread, why don’t you go to one of his schools and check it out for yourselves?
18. And if you want to question Mr. Barry Van Over his number is 877-787-4542 ext. 715 (not that he has time for you fools because he is to busy improving the Martial Arts industry in this country and making a, how did one of you put it? Oh yeah a BOAT LOAD OF MONEY!
19. This is the motto for our school, are you ready?
IF YOU AREN’T HAPPY HERE WE CERTAINLY DON’T WANT YOU HERE.
Political correctness is strangling this country to death. Please help stamp it out.
Signed… A school owner that is on his way to making a boatload of money.
4/26/2007 7:59pm, #164Originally Posted by premiermma
The questions are mainly pertaining to a true MMA curriculum vs McDojoizing MMA. Please read the thread thoruoughly before trolling.
4/26/2007 10:48pm, #165
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
The ridiculous thread was read. Can't really believe I wasted my time reading it. I ran across this site by accident and couldn't stop reading and laughing at you guys. "The rant" answered or made points on alot of the asinine questions and statements made about PMA and making a good living at running a martial arts school. If you read the "rant" then you would see that a good portion of it was pertaining to PMA bringing true MMA into the mainstream from the ground up. Don't worry I won't be back unless I have to combat any more bullshit on bullshito or bullcrap or bullshido ...whatever this site is called.
PS. If you are looking for McDojoism you have no further to look than the ads on your own home page.
4/26/2007 11:05pm, #166Originally Posted by premiermma
There's nothing wrong with running a profitable school dumbass, it's the way you go about it that is wrong. If premier is not guilty of it then fine but if it then it'd be called to the forefront. If there's something wrong with a school of yours instead of hiding it maybe you should address it directly.
Now go on and go cry to your momma we don't want your ***** ass here.
5/10/2007 6:40pm, #167
- Join Date
- May 2007
I read through this entire thread and there were still questions, mistakes and misquotes about this Premier group all the way up to this 17th page. I looked at premiermma's points one by one and flipped back and forth through the thread as I did. What it seems like to me is that this premiermma guy gave a pretty good take on what this Premier group is trying to do. I did notice quite a bit of whining and misspelled words throughout the thread. Think the dude is right on about the hate, jealousy & mcdojoism on the home page of this site. I didn't see a rant or trolling It Is Fake. It also sounds like premiermma is one of the very few in this thread that does no what he's talking about so maybe Omega the Merciless Kung FU badass should change his name to Omega the PUSSILESS!!! itty bitty pee pee boy.
5/10/2007 7:37pm, #168Originally Posted by bradjj
You're always welcome to come try saying to my face. I have nothing against Premier until little pussies like you and premiermma come on here and try to troll.
Last edited by Omega; 5/10/2007 7:46pm at .
5/11/2007 12:21am, #169
NY Combat SamboI did notice quite a bit of whining and misspelled words throughout the thread.... It also sounds like premiermma is one of the very few in this thread that does no what he's talking about
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
- combat sambo
5/11/2007 11:30am, #170Originally Posted by sambosteve
I was going to mention the same thing but I've always said that using the grammar card in a debate tends to be the sign of the desperate. Still got to appreciate the irony though.