Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 1:25pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** man, in baseball, 3/10 consistently will get you to an all star game.

Of course, I really hate baseball...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 6:45am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few days ago a mate of mine put a mugger out for the count with a quick 'one - two - two' combination. Simple, bread and butter punch.
    Did the job.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 8:07am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jab, jab, jab, jab, if you start far enough away or get there. If you can keep a guy out on the end of your jab until you've hit him two or three times, he'll realize you know how to fight and he may quit right there

Open your hands when you hook high, and use a corkscrew hook, period, to the body or for everything if you can't remember to hit with your palm

elbow - you can sneak an occasional elbow to the head in

keep your elbows tight and keep your feet moving to avoid giving up underhooks

in a clinch:

uppercut. People in "Street fights" tend to breathe throug the mouth, or yell and swear, and if a guy's jaw clacks shut he'll stop and think

knee the pills - it's not illegal, why not?

Tuck your head next to his, tilt your head so the crown is on his temple, then palmstrike the other side of his head.

Do your best to ignore any pulling on your shirt - just write the fucker off and fight hard and fast. (this is, incidently, why I don't wear polo shirts bouncing, I like a tshirt or a shirt with buttons or snaps.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 8:50pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My boxing coach suggests always gooing for the body, seeing as most people really aren't that tight in the mid section, and you could break your fist, if you hit the head.
    I know it's simple, but the head is actually a hard target- easy to bob and weave etc, where as most people are flat foored and can be caught in, say the kidney or liver.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grab their collar and pull it over their head.

It should work well with a jacket, but just a shirt could cause difficulties especially with a button collar.

Once someone described this to me as the inherent advantage Canadians have in a street fight.
    Last edited by Robot Jesus; 4/05/2006 10:41pm at .

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 6:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey guys, i know i have no real right to post on here as i don't do any combat sports, but i've got this nasty fucker after me (i did nothing wrong except aparently look at him wrong) he's some wanna be gangster. he's pretty big, not built just bit tubby, wide, bigger than me. he does no boxing or anything, and i've never heard of any fights he's been in, so he won't be nothing special.

I was in a fight myself recently, with a novice boxer and i did alright for myself, but i tend to get quite nervous when confronted like that and last time really badly broused my hand from hittin him in the head.

i was just hoping someone could give me some tips for if he decides to get physical! iv been looking through some posts on this thread and it's quite varied and you all seem to know what you doing. Could someone give me some realistic, easy to perform tips to floor this cock?

-Thanks

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 6:48pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAdam
    hey guys, i know i have no real right to post on here as i don't do any combat sports, but i've got this nasty fucker after me (i did nothing wrong except aparently look at him wrong) he's some wanna be gangster. he's pretty big, not built just bit tubby, wide, bigger than me. he does no boxing or anything, and i've never heard of any fights he's been in, so he won't be nothing special.

I was in a fight myself recently, with a novice boxer and i did alright for myself, but i tend to get quite nervous when confronted like that and last time really badly broused my hand from hittin him in the head.

i was just hoping someone could give me some tips for if he decides to get physical! iv been looking through some posts on this thread and it's quite varied and you all seem to know what you doing. Could someone give me some realistic, easy to perform tips to floor this cock?

-Thanks
    I haven't been in any real streetfights, but from what I observe and from my own fighting experience, against a bigger guy you may want to rely on a jab and cross mix. G find out how to throw a PROPER jab-cross if you don't already know, and apply these from a distance. They should make short work of a haymaker-happy opponent, and since he's a stocky fellow you won't need to get too close or comitted with these punches in case he wants to grab you.

Good luck, your situation is not a fun one to be in.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 9:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MrAdam, good search skills!

Don't ask for fight advice on the internet without any personal experience to temper it. Go train in something effective and available to you. If you are unwilling/unable to train then avoid the guy. In fact avoid the guy even after you get some training fighting rarely leads to anything good.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 1:06am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    MrAdam, good search skills!

Don't ask for fight advice on the internet without any personal experience to temper it. Go train in something effective and available to you. If you are unwilling/unable to train then avoid the guy. In fact avoid the guy even after you get some training fighting rarely leads to anything good.
    ^
    l
    l

Better advice than mine.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 1:05pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go down to your local YMCA, there should be at least one or two boxing instructors wandering around. Just ask around a bit. A week or so of solid boxing instruction should get you set up to handle most untrained folks.
    Most important thing you can learn is how to punch properly and with confidence.

Kintanon
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast