Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2006 11:06am

Style: Intergalactic

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aside from a few high school punch outs and the usual 'dancing' that goes on when you've just turned legal and your first few nights on the town make you 10 ft tall and able to call down lightning with a wave of your cock, I've only ever been in two real fights where if I didn't get it done, I was gonna get hurt.

One time I had to get through some dudes who had a lot of weight on me (I'm 6'3", 200 . . . not exactly a wall of thick muscle) after they poured beer on my bud - they wanted to start something and they were between us and the door in a small bar. I charged the guy who was closest to me, hit him with a heavy jab, cross, and god knows how many elbows in close and a flurry of knees. He went down and the other guy, who had to got over his buddy on the floor, slipped in the beer they poured on my friend. I kicked him somewhere in that was soft and hurt him more than it hurt me and got the **** out of there. I had lots of bruises on top of my skull the next day, but i didn't even feel those shots at the time.

I should also point out that these guys couldn't fight for **** (just to keep everything honest).

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something on another thread reminded me of one (not so) dirty boxing technique which previously slipped my mind. This only applies to Amateur bouts with headgear.

Aim your head shots a little higher to eye/forehead level. The extra weight of the headgear plus the extra leverage of it extending away from his/her skull will cause your strikes to rattle your opponent a bit more. Given the rule set/equipment use, it's unlikely you are going to knock your opponent out anyway (assuming he/she isn't a tomato can). So, this tactic may tire them out a bit sooner.

Of course, this presupposes you can connect and not tire yourself out with this tactic. :smile:

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 12:14pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hit people in the forehead in sparring and i always thought it was the nice thing of me to do.
    Go figure that it's a dirty trick. Even when i'm nice i cheat.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I hit people in the forehead in sparring and i always thought it was the nice thing of me to do.
    I'd still rather get popped in the forehead than in the nose
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/08/2006 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    D'OH!

You are taller than most of the opponents you will face. So you'll get a little less leverage in this instance unless you are facing someone even taller. Again, it comes down to the scoring. Olympic boxing rules (and USA Amateur rules) make just about any decent hit a score. It's becoming a lot like point sparring, in a way.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 3/08/2006 12:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 12:00pm

Style: Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to this topic, what is Rodney King's Street Boxing like?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 10:31am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a boxer here. Against anyone without skill you'd just paw at them with a playful jab, leaving it in there face and then set up a small flurry with a hook to finish them real quick. Against another boxer you'd probably want to throw him off with a quick kick to the balls and then move in with a quick flurry (but you'd better not try this on a grappler). Against a grappler I wouldn't bounce around too much, start edging toward him with your fists up a solid stance and a lower than usual center, while making it obvious your trying to box him. Then as he lunges in for a takedown use your footwork to step and drop back and low (picture yourself slipping under a low closeline resting against your back) and then redirect forward as he comes in with a tight uppercut to his jaw/nose depending on the angle of his head as he comes in. Your combing three forces here. Your dropping down and back which sets up power for the uppercut, he's coming in towards you which gives you his own force to use against him, and finally your firing back, directly against his own force with your legs, center, shoulder and bicep strength in a tight twisting motion. If you connect in this fashion, with a grappler, he will be knocked out, plain and simple. If you miss, you almost have to be better on the ground than he is (or have some friends standing by to kick him in the mouth) because at that point you have no choice but to play his game on the ground.

The thing you don't want to do against a grappler is let him wrap you up, like a standard clinch in boxing. Your best defence is the gap that exists between the two of you. If he closes that gap your punches aren't going to be very effective and a good grappler could easily take you down from this position. So basically, lure him into a tackle/takedown because that is the easiest way to knock out a grappler with western boxing.

How'd I do for my first post?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore
    How'd I do for my first post?
    While technically correct, you brought up a month-old thread with basically a re-cap of what everyone else has said.

So... 3/10.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 11:16am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread was just 12 down on the front page of the forum, but hell, I've done worse than 3/10 in the past so it isn't all bad...
    Last edited by Jettatore; 4/03/2006 12:08pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 1:04pm

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread needs an old neutral-colored towel that no one is really attached to.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast