Sponsored Links Spacer Image

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 3:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm dangerously close to YMASing this thread. Lets get responses form Boxers or people that at least train with a boxing coach.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 4:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I only just realised that this massive ball of LARP was in the advanced striking forum.

Wow.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:14pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    See now I havent contributed to this with 'tactics' for a reason. if someone squares off with you you dont spend time thinking about what you are going to do past the first second.

if you get hit over the head randomly you dont get time to think at all.

if you're the type of person who gets stuck in you will fight and probably fall back on the most basic instinctive parts of boxing that have been engrained into you - punching. No fancy ****, just punching.
    This.

All this bollocks about "well, I think what I'd do is..." means you've never been a fight, let a lone sparred at full contact. You don't fucking think. That's why you train. As soon as that first first punch is thrown you go on auto-pilot. Fucking tactics and tippy tap "I'd kick his shins!"

No you fucking wouldn't. Punch his fucking nose though the back of his head and knee him in the bollocks if he's close enough. Get it over with. Fucking LARP bollocks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a *slightly* more reasoned/less ranty note:

If you're trained you should instinctively react by raising guard, dropping your stance and getting your balance right. If you're trained then you'll know your distance, and unless you're being bum rushed you might avoid getting hit first.

If you can avoid getting hit first, then you might get to counter, and if you're trained you might even land a real punch instead of freaking out and throwing haymakers or slappyfists.

If you can land the first punch, then follow it with all the other punches in the fight. If you're trained you'll act to find openings, or spot openings. You can't practice throwing the perfect hook and assume his jaw will be waiting for you like a 17 year virgin on prom night.

If it isn't instinct, then the adrenaline dump will make for a LOLtastic LARPfest of the usual type - two drunks wildly flailing until someone or something gets knocked down.

In fact, even if you've trained, this is still a likely outcome.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread finally got YMAS.. I guess its kinda like a 13 year old with syphilis, yeah to start with ur awesome cos you had sex first, but then you realise this **** is just hollowing you out like Al Capone.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It may not be as exciting looking as a punch to the head, but you may be surprised how fast guys lose the will to fight (or stand) after getting kicked in the legs a couple of times.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by waxeater View Post
    It may not be as exciting looking or as effective as a punch to the head, but you may be surprised how fast guys lose the will to fight (or stand) after getting kicked in the legs a couple of times.
    I fixed that for you.

Leg kicks in the context of sport fighting is one thing, but unless your kicks have ridiculous power you're wasting your time in a street fight.

EX: You kick my legs. I clinch and begin to destroy your face. Who is going to win this fight?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 4:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    EX: You kick my legs. I clinch and begin to destroy your face. Who is going to win this fight?
    The guy chatting up your girlfriends while you're both too busy acting like retards to notice.

I've seen it happen, makes me laugh every time... And then curse because I didn't think of it first...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    [/SIZE]
    The problem with this is you've already decided the outcome.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OiScout View Post
    The problem with this is you've already decided the outcome.
    All I am saying is a single (or two, if you are fast) leg kick(s) is not going to impede my progress enough to stop me from securing a clinch. This is a hypothetical situation at best; I am hoping that between a boxer and a muay thai practicioner one of the two would have the sense to say 'This is stupid'. My general reaction to hostility is to laugh and walk away.