Sponsored Links Spacer Image

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 10:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you mean like a lunge? I get that the weight is on the back foot then as the front foot is normally kinda in the air, but that just makes the drill kinda niche

..you'd be better off hitting a bag in smaller gloves. When I use bag gloves I notice any off target or bad form punches immediately
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 10:35am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes - lunging punches. That's the only sense I can make of aligning punches from the back foot.

In addition to using smaller gloves and finding error through loss of power/discomfort, a coach/partner with a good eye, and video if you can get it - all excellent ways of correcting form.

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 6:21pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    you mean like a lunge? I get that the weight is on the back foot then as the front foot is normally kinda in the air, but that just makes the drill kinda niche

..you'd be better off hitting a bag in smaller gloves. When I use bag gloves I notice any off target or bad form punches immediately
    In a Bujinkan punch, even the lunge punch the weight should be on the front foot when the punch is finished, ichimonji to ehen. Though I don't believe in general any discussion of Bujinkan belongs in this forum

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    4/16/2010 6:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah in the punch I'm talking about the foot lands just as the punch hits, but the weight has to be on the back leg in order for you to push off
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be honest, in a 1 on 1 fist fight alone just using a bob and weave or shoulder roll and some foot work can protect you alone. Bob and weave under one of the crazy gaping hooks street fighters throw and side step to take there back, control them from there or punch them a few times in the back of the head, or most importantly stun them for a second with a punch or a kick to the nuts and get as far away as possible, i am only talking about using boxing for a 1 on 1 fist fight, most other things you should really have krav maga training or some other type of self defense training for.

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 5:37pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Movement is probably more important that which punch you throw. As an experienced boxer, you can probably stop the fight by throwing a few stiff jabs. But if you're just standing there in one spot and his buddy hits you from behind, it still leaves you in a bad spot. Just don't leave your head in one spot so that someone can line you up for e T-ball shot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 9:04pm

Style: Boxing, Muay Thai, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the issue of boxing in a street fight, I would say footwork is your best friend. Like the poster above said, stiff jabs accompanied with footwork end fights. Footwork, stiff jabs. Since you included headbutting, I like knee-kicking. Knee-kicking really screws up rhythm.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 7:04am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcyon View Post
    On the issue of boxing in a street fight, I would say footwork is your best friend. Like the poster above said, stiff jabs accompanied with footwork end fights. Footwork, stiff jabs. Since you included headbutting, I like knee-kicking. Knee-kicking really screws up rhythm.
    knee kicking?

..and simply agreeing with someone is a poor reason for a necro
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 8:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This I've actually done this a number of times in my younger days, worked like a charm

I kick the other guy's shin (whichever is nearer to me). For some reason the other guy tries to avoid my kick by moving the targeted shin to his rear in sort of hopping motion, at the same time, his face leans a bit forward. Forward enough to get hit by a straight punch (I'm a southpaw). I usually target the nose area because it easily bleeds, hence giving me the upper hand immediately.
    Last edited by 9MX; 5/06/2010 9:16am at .

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 9:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See now I havent contributed to this with 'tactics' for a reason. if someone squares off with you you dont spend time thinking about what you are going to do past the first second.

if you get hit over the head randomly you dont get time to think at all.

if you're the type of person who gets stuck in you will fight and probably fall back on the most basic instinctive parts of boxing that have been engrained into you - punching. No fancy ****, just punching.
    Spoiler: