Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 12:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Machado BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like OZZ's caution about not letting your street-opponent fall and hit their head after you KO them, All kinds of messed up **** can happen when head meets concrete; a death, a manslaughter charge, etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 4:18am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Aparently they can get infected and give you real issues. diddnt happen to me but I just thought it worth noting.
    Another reason I suspect why Karate doesn't have many heavy blows for head shots. Even punching someone's teeth in, can get the puncher killed from tetanus infection.

I'm a big fan of fast light blows aimed at the head enough to daze then follow up with a few body shots and low kicks to the thighs. Takes the fight out of most people I've "played" with. With my last TD fail, I've been working on delivering solid body shots.
    Last edited by Whathappened; 3/11/2010 4:22am at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 7:19am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need more than a right cross to take out most goofs on "the street" then you aren't much of a boxer anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 11:39am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    What's a "Cuban/Mexican" body hook, and how does it differ from your standard body hook?

As it was taught to me, it comes up into the intestines at an angle that forces the guts into the diaphram. It is more of a cross between a hook and an uppercut. If you have a mitt holder, have them angle the mitts at a 45 degree angle and then throw your hooks. This will give you the correct angle. A standard body hook has a flatter line.

This style of hook was made popular by the Mexican and Cuban Olympic boxers. They are very good at working your body.
    Hope this helps.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 11:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    isn't that just a body uppercut?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way it was explained to me:

they will sometimes kinda step out to the side a little on the punching side, instead of pivoting at the hips, and often times the punch gets "behind" them, if that makes any sense.....so they are leading with their shoulder and hip on the punching side.

Essentially, it looks like bad form and looks like they will blow their shoulder out, but the short step out gives them the distance they need so it isn't REALLY behind them, if they would have pivoted.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 4:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Machado BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubarão-branco View Post
    If you need more than a right cross to take out most goofs on "the street" then you aren't much of a boxer anyway.
    Sometimes it takes a few shots to get through to someone. Even "goofs" throw up a guard of sorts if they in a fight. They also throw back.
    Some people can take a good shot, and you can't pick them on sight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 5:23pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    isn't that just a body uppercut?

No, as it does not come straight into the body like a body uppercut(upset punch. And it does not come on a flat plain like the hook. It is truly in between the two.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher66071 View Post
    No, as it does not come straight into the body like a body uppercut(upset punch. And it does not come on a flat plain like the hook. It is truly in between the two.
    eh? I was under the impression a body uppercut and shovel hook are the same thing, coming up at your liver (if thrown from the left) at a 45 degree angle.. its just a more effective way of throwing it
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2010 4:07pm

Style: The grapply boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Straight leads, rear crosses and shovel hooks.
    Guy pulls either a knife or some I-Drank-Chuck-Norris'-Piss-And-Am-Therefore-Invincible crap and takes the hits, hit him in the nuts and hope you can do parkour/run like hell. A streetfight isn't some great technical chess match. It's drop him or GTFO like greased priest.
    Last edited by kcvmac; 4/12/2010 4:18pm at .
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 ... LastLast