Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 9:24am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A stomp on the ribs can also kill (broken ribs puncturing organs, internal bleeding, etc). Streetfighting is not pretty and is a felony in most countries for a good reason, even challenge matches are illegal (unless sanctioned by a sports commission). You should fight when no other option is avaliable to you. You should never assume that you foe is unarmed or alone, or that he might not kill you intentionally or otherwise. You have to assume the worst ( that's the prerrequisite fo justifiable selfdefence in court). You fight to save life and limb. If you streetfight for fun sooner or later you'll end up in jail (deservingly). Criminals mug, rape or assault. A friend of mine got stabbed in the abdomen after decking a punk who attacked him, the blade went right trough him and cut his belt when coming out on the other side, he was lucky that someone called an ambulance and after a week fighting for his life he survived. many are not that lucky. When forced to streetfigh you're fighting to stay alive and in one piece. You should strike first, srike hard , and strike often and when he goes down he should stay down. And then get the hell out of there as quickly as humanly possible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 5:29pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight with the assumption that your opponent is armed with some sort of weapon or has some friends nearby. That way you hit him hard, with urgency, and get away as fast as possible.

I live in wigger/gangster wannabe town, so it's actually a possibility that the guy is armed. Fucking posers have to stuff their pants with weapons or something to compensate. =/

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 7:02pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks

I live in wigger/gangster wannabe town, so it's actually a possibility that the guy is armed. Fucking posers have to stuff their pants with weapons or something to compensate. =/

Bullshit, michael moore taught me there's no violence in canada.

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 12:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Best to try and limit your fighting to what you're trained for. A Judoka will toss you over his head using the arm you've just given him.
    ure right. and i will not hesitate to kill u after u fall so here is one way. kick him in the shin and IF he decides to hold his shin, deliver ur blow but if he does not want to, keep weakening his legs, then deliver one great kick to his legs and give him another kick on the head when his head lowers.

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 1:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I fucked up my hand pretty good the other day, wearing 12 oz gloves and punching focus mits. It's really made me question the practicality of punching someone in the skull without gloves on.
    Me too - wrist injury throwing uppercuts with wrapped wrists and 16 oz gloves. It produced the same realization: I need to street-proof my boxing.

This is all compounded by two issues: I train for self defense (on the deadly street, natch!) and I am a massage therapist by trade, so I have to look after the health of my mitts.

My current best strategy will be to throw straight punches and crash into elbow range, but I want other suggestions.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 1:33pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketfrog View Post
    ure right. and i will not hesitate to kill u after u fall so here is one way. kick him in the shin and IF he decides to hold his shin, deliver ur blow but if he does not want to, keep weakening his legs, then deliver one great kick to his legs and give him another kick on the head when his head lowers.
    Did you happen to read when the last post before you posted was written?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2009 5:40pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketfrog View Post
    Wake him from the dead, then kick him in the shins.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2009 2:42am

Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An avid boxer and old friend of mine whom I greatly resepct, who has been in plenty of scraps gave me some good advice. He told me that there's really nothing to stop someone from giving you a king-hit to the back of the head/glassing you in a street fight/related environment. He said there's no point worrying about it, and that the fact that I have yet to actually get involved in a scrap yet is pretty much evidence to point to the fact that I probably never will, as it's just not my way of dealing with things. "Just hone your skills and train."

Good advice. That being said, while I've only done about a month of boxing now, I feel pretty safe my jab, cross, hooks, digs to the body and uppercuts. I am definitely at home in a clinch... I think I have enough to keep the average bogan (Australian version of a Redneck/Newfie) at bay. If they telegraph haymakers, I'm adamantly convinced that a hook, jab or cross to the jaw or nose would be enough to stall until a fight get's broken off.

Plus, as a general rule of thumb to my level of fitness, I am GENERALLY faster than people larger than me (running) or stronger than people smaller than me (punching power, chin). I suppose that goes with everyone, but I train 4 days a week so it's a lot more noticeable.

Posted On:
    6/15/2009 8:28am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    Bullshit, michael moore taught me there's no violence in canada.
    It's true. If you brandish a weapon for any reason other than hunting, an abominable snowman attacks you out of nowhere, and commands his dread hockey team to hunt you like a dog in the streets before devouring you in maple syrup.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2009 7:15pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not sure if anyone metioned this (didnt read the entire thread), but Dempsey had an interesting chapter on this subject in Chapter 5 of his book "Championship Fighting" (1950). Should be able to find it relatively easy somewhere on the web if youre interested.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast