Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 12:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Personally, I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like the guy is ripping off Americans. :icon_cool
    Well most of the people on this thread are living in or lived in Canada so, what's your point?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 12:36pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOFL - I love the new Signature IIF!

But Kip has qualified his statements and reassured us that is was just that 'sparring' stuff he doesn't like.

TKD

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 1:01pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Well most of the people on this thread are living in or lived in Canada so, what's your point?
    It's just Kungfools providing his usual level of content. KF, shouldn't you be off nut hugging Jerry Petersen?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 1:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you.

I figure TMA could be real if we got rid of the BS in those quotes. I mean yes BJJ is effective. Really, BJJ is a a specialized set of fighting like xingyi for striking. In a sense BJJ is just as traditional as TKD or xingyI. Especially if you tie it to JJJ. The difference is BJJ stayed away from the BS philosphy which, was added later to all TMA. Jiu-Jitsu trains kicking each others asses and others like the real masters of old.

Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    This can't be serious

Well, when you're done retching from that read I would suggest I nice bit of mouth wash and heavy doses of reality. While I don't fault someone from making money as they see fit I'm once again stunned by the revelations that just fall into one's lap with a small bit of work.

TKD
    Interesting:

Generally, Patenaude charges around $30,000 per franchise, but that can be higher or lower, depending upon the location. He also receives seven to eight percent of each school’s monthly gross, plus 25% of all testing fees.
    Now, remeber this doesn't include start up fees. This is just to use his name on your school. So, startup would run anywhere fron $50,000+. Where do I get this number well figure in the insurance, lease down payment, Utilities, phone, furnishings, and inventory this is ridiculous.

Black Belt Club is radically different from U.S. Schools in that his is not a mark-up, but a deep discount for students who stick around for several years.
    Membership in the Black Belt Club is nearly $4,000 in Quebec and $3,495 in Ottawa. However, this is a one-time fee! There’s a $50 renewal fee each year. Obviously, this is an astoundingly good deal for long-term, committed students who have been in the Black Belt Club for years.
    How is this cheaper than US Schools BBC? The US schools are cheaper because they are ANNUAL. That means if you quit you are out that years charge. Where as if you quit FSD you just lost as much as 4,000 in one year.

By the standards of most commercial schools, Patenaude’s basic tuition of $750 is quite reasonable. However, Patenaude estimates that, after taking into account the various seminars and pro-shop sales, the average student ends up more than doubling that figure.
    Hmmm 1500 dollars in a year interesting. I thought a few posters said this wasn't true.

This is actually a great article. They actually disprove many of the lies by FSD members on this thread.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 1:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.martialinfo.com/articles/...view.asp?i=234

Fast Facts about Master Jacques Patenaude”

Locations? Ontario and Quebec, Canada.

Number of years in business? 23 professionally.

Number of schools you operate? 3 personally, and 12 franchises with two more on the way within months.

Number of employees? 8 assistants.

Number of active students? My personal school has 450 active students, and 1,600 total students.

Are your children and adult classes separate or mixed? Separate.

Size of school in square footage? 2,500.

Name of your billing company? None.

How much do you charge for the first family member per month? $110.

Do you offer a family discount and, if so, how much? Yes. 15% for 1st person, 20% for 2nd person, 25% 3rd person, and 50% for the 4th person.

Amount of yearly tuition? $749 + $39.95 membership fee + testing fees.

Monthly gross? $27,000.

Monthly pro-shop gross? $3,000.

Do you charge testing fees and, if so, how much? $50, $60, $75, $100, and $150+.

Do you have an after-school pick-up program? No.
    324,000 from tuition.
    36,000 from Pro Shop.

Obviously, this doesn't include revenue from the 9 other franchises or their test fees.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/18/2006 1:27pm at .

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 2:11pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??

Hmmm 1500 dollars in a year interesting. I thought a few posters said this wasn't true.

This is actually a great article. They actually disprove many of the lies by FSD members on this thread.

I t has been pointed out that the article is a few years old, so the numbers may be off. But to say that an average student will spend as much on seminars and equipment from the proshop annually as the cost of tuition is scary. How many uniforms and t-shirts do you need? How often are they replaced? Most of that additonal $750 would be coming from seminars. If you need to pay to attend mandatory seminars for advancement, that is artificially inflating the cost of training and advancing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 2:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    I t has been pointed out that the article is a few years old, so the numbers may be off. But to say that an average student will spend as much on seminars and equipment from the proshop annually as the cost of tuition is scary. How many uniforms and t-shirts do you need? How often are they replaced? Most of that additonal $750 would be coming from seminars. If you need to pay to attend mandatory seminars for advancement, that is artificially inflating the cost of training and advancing.

Right, but to deny (which they have done) this has happened is wrong. Old or not it proves that this fee structure exists. Some of the posters (alleged instructors) deny it was ever this way.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 3:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I love is that the article makes it sound as though this type of business plan was the ideal for a martial art instructor. Almost a, "Look how much he can charge" sort of thing!

TKD

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 4:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SOKE!?!

Oh, lookie what I found (I work from home and I don't have the parts I need to work on my motorcycle so I'm dedicating some search work to the cause!):

Fang Shen Do: Jacques Patenaude, 10th Degree, Soke and Founder

- I though sJP would appreciate the honorarium being in bright pink!

SOURCE

TKD:karated:

With a little effort we can get this thread back on track.

Another Link

Third Generation row

- I love the title to: "Preserving the Media of the World's Most Advanced Martial Art."

Check out this lineage

I'm a lumber jack and that's okay I work al night and I sleep all day!
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 4/18/2006 4:32pm at .