Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 11:06pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed Green Hornet.

I realized that after I posted the second time that it probably would have come across as stupidity. Sorry about that...

Quick question for you - how did you "escape" unscathed? Did you have a contract?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 11:15pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    like I said few pages away: no I had no contract because I started a while ago and during that time they were no contracts. I paid every year, they were happy...
    The best way to get out? STFU and wait till your subscription is over. Before they ask you for your subscription renewal, leave.

But the bestest way to leave them is to never join...
    Chew on that for a while.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 7:41am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also from what I've heard, he doesn't get along with his father very well (wich would explain why Martin his the numero uno after his father in the system...)
    I had wondered why number 2 son was in charge.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 8:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems to me the easiest thing to do is to just let him spend his money and find out for himself. If 90-odd pages are not enough to disuade someone. . . .

Knowledge is learning from experience. Wisdom is learn from someone else's experience. [Cue Gong--Ed.]

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 8:36am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    like I said few pages away: no I had no contract because I started a while ago and during that time they were no contracts. I paid every year, they were happy...
    The best way to get out? STFU and wait till your subscription is over. Before they ask you for your subscription renewal, leave.

But the bestest way to leave them is to never join...
    Chew on that for a while.

Wow - damned if you do and damned if you don't here, huh? Fair enough.

"But the bestest way to leave them is to never join...Chew on that for a while." Wow - what a tidbit of genius THAT statement is. Bravo.

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 9:07am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Corvus- glad to see you on the way out man. When you are able to, I'd love to hear what happened to make you see the forest. I understand it might be difficult right now- but people keep telling patience is a virtue, so I guess it will help develop that in me! Truth is I been hoping you would get back to us on this. I'd advise dropping by stringfellow's blog and sorting out your exit strategy first tho. Until then, I'll wait with baited breath.

well done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 9:22am

Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    to bring something new to this thread: did you know that FSD was not only bad for the student, but also for the sifus? I have heard that Stephane P. did not want to be a martial artist in the beginning, but a professionnal baseball player. Now I think he became a sifu because he could not acheive his dreams and because of the incessant pressure of his family. Also from what I've heard, he doesn't get along with his father very well (wich would explain why Martin his the numero uno after his father in the system...)
    Almost the same story goes for Scott Hill. I've heard that he wanted to be a football pro but because of an injury he couldn't do it.

Man FSD seems to be the land of the broken dreams for some people...

PS: I have no sources to back up this, so of course we must consider them as rumors. It would be sad if it was true ...

I have heard references to Stephane P. wanting to be a baseball player during my time in FSD. I do not remember who told me though. The story was very short and went something like this:

Stephane walked away from FSD for a while to try and become a professional baseball player. JP let him go to explore his dreams. Eventually Stephane gave up on his dream of becoming a pro baseball player and returned to training in FSD.

As I said, it is a short story.

As for Sifu Scott Hill, I believe that he played for either the Ottawa Bootleggers in the Empire Football League or the Ottawa Sooners. I went googling and couldn't find anything but I was not too surprised as it was almost twenty years ago.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 10:26am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sweet jesus - I actually read the first 20 or so pages of this - did that scott fellow ever post any proof of his competition claim?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 10:32am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Wood
    sweet jesus - I actually read the first 20 or so pages of this - did that scott fellow ever post any proof of his competition claim?
    No. :qshatter:

His version of proof probably wouldnt stand up to intensive scrutiny anyway, so why would they want that claim to be completely debunked too?

Did you check out the Sordid History or the Clips of Disaster threads?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/17/2006 10:41am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Wood
    I take it it made for good reading? My sister-in-law started reading it over my shoulder the other day and had me stick her on page one to start the whole saga at the beginning. I was impressed that this thread made sense to someone who isn't part of 'the scene' as it were. I was also happy that she found a number of posts humerous.

TKD

Forget Rickson by Arm Bar; Evan by Flying Triangle!