Posted On:
    4/01/2006 7:45am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    So, can you help with any proof?

Thank you.
    Sorry, no - this story has circulated in our class as well and until I see proof for myself, I can't confirm or deny it.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 7:51am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Corvus, I am impressed you replied.

Tell us about your private lessons please.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Why dont you go and ask your Sifu about the history of his art and the questions posed on this thread and then come back and tell us his take on the matter?
    Why not call Sijo or one of the instructors yourself and ask him directly? I'm sure you can find the number easily.
    No the burden of proof is on you. You've told us how nice and open these guys are, how do they react to being questioned by you? Lets see scans of their diplomas online. Instead we have video of phantom elbows and crappy phon saos.
    I won't let ego get in the way, nor will I throw any threats your way (immature and retarded...).
    So suggesting I let Sijo's call display record my home number wouldnt be constituted as a threat? Promises, Promises.
    You'll forgive me if I don't blurt out where I train on the world wide web. It adds nothing to this conversation. If you are wondering if I am "legit", you'll just have to take my word on that one.
    Again, you are the guys claiming how badass you are, prove it.
    $156 :5eek:
    That is more then double the cost of Therien and other legit clubs in town. Meat on a stick man, I could train with Rickson Gracie for that cost (Linked, just in case you hadnt heard about him).
    Sorry, no - this story has circulated in our class as well and until I see proof for myself, I can't confirm or deny it.
    One time at bandcamp, I heard that this lady killed a guy with her baby finger. I dont have any proof, but I am going to train the deadly baby finger fighting style anyway.

There is no proof because all real MMA puts its results on fcfighter or sherdog!

I'll repost my other comments as you seem to have skipped it:

"We have spoken about BJJ. Now lets talk about Sayoc Kali, these guys have knives and a lot of them grapple. Lets talk about Dog-Brothers, guys who can fight with a weapon and grapple.

Now how do you measure up against real Martial Artists? Have you been to a gathering of the pack for the Dog Brothers?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No the burden of proof is on you. You've told us how nice and open these guys are, how do they react to being questioned by you? Lets see scans of their diplomas online. Instead we have video of phantom elbows and crappy phon saos.
    Why in the world would I walk into Sijo's office and demand scans of diplomas, etc.? Because you asked me to? This isn't a courtroom. "Burden of proof" is an obligation to prove allegations which are presented in a legal action. I haven't "alleged" anything. I haven't made ANY false claims as to my skill level or Fang Shen Do in general.

So suggesting I let Sijo's call display record my home number wouldnt be constituted as a threat? Promises, Promises.
    Is it constituted as a threat? How so? I just said that if you have questions, call and ask the school directly. Who says you have to use your home phone?

Again, you are the guys claiming how badass you are, prove it.
    I never once claimed I was a "badass". As I said earlier, I can only speak of my personal experience within the club. I can't speak for the others who have posted here.

That is more then double the cost of Therien and other legit clubs in town. Meat on a stick man, I could train with Rickson Gracie for that cost (Linked, just in case you hadnt heard about him).
    I've heard of him. What makes Therien and the other "legit" clubs in Ottawa better than the other? Cost? edit: I got thinking about this after I posted. I'm not trying to disrespect the other clubs in Ottawa and the surrounding area. For example, I've heard only great things about Ronin, and I'm sure it's a fantastic club. The bottom line is - I like Fang Shen Do. I can afford it. I enjoy the training and get along well with my instructors and fellow students. I may choose to train elsewhere in the future, but for now I am happy where I am.

One time at bandcamp, I heard that this lady killed a guy with her baby finger. I dont have any proof, but I am going to train the deadly baby finger fighting style anyway.
    Umm...o.k.?

There is no proof because all real MMA puts its results on fcfighter or sherdog!
    Which is why I said I can't confirm or deny it.

I'll repost my other comments as you seem to have skipped it:

"We have spoken about BJJ. Now lets talk about Sayoc Kali, these guys have knives and a lot of them grapple. Lets talk about Dog-Brothers, guys who can fight with a weapon and grapple.
    Now how do you measure up against real Martial Artists? Have you been to a gathering of the pack for the Dog Brothers?"
    How would I measure up? Good question. What is your criteria in comparing one martial artist to the next?
    I'm not entirely sure I know what a "pack for the Dog Brothers" is, so I would have to say no on that one.
    Last edited by Corvus; 4/01/2006 8:58am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 9:54am

Style: MA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Ironically, there are a couple of former FSD students/instructors who have gone on to align themselves with first and second generation Bruce Lee students, and I wish them all the best. I suppose they wanted something a little closer to the source.
    CdnRonin, can you elaborate on this point. Do you know any of these ex-students??

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:21am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your criteria in comparing one martial artist to the next?
    Pride FC. Fedor is the best fighter in the world.
    I'm not entirely sure I know what a "pack for the Dog Brothers" is, so I would have to say no on that one
    Do some research on Martial Arts before claiming how good Fang Shen Do is. If you do not know who the Dog Brothers are, you are completely lacking in knowledge about Martial Arts and have no basis for expertese.

Google is your friend, you will never find a Bullshido thread or a thread anywhere on the internet criticizing the Dog Brothers.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you.

So, are you admitting there are NO articles in the schools, as other students have stated?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:50am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do some research on Martial Arts before claiming how good Fang Shen Do is. If you do not know who the Dog Brothers are, you are completely lacking in knowledge about Martial Arts and have no basis for expertese.

Google is your friend, you will never find a Bullshido thread or a thread anywhere on the internet criticizing the Dog Brothers.
    Now, I disagree with this post. I didn't know who the dog brothers were just like people may not know Hung I Hsiang or Huo Yuanjia.

It depends on the circles you run in truthfully. I would be more concerned if people claimed they didn't know about Vale Tudo/UFC/NHB.

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is an unfair post. You ask him to compare his sifus to somebody who gets paid major moolah to train 8 hours a day and fight the toughest athletes in the world. Who do YOU know that can compare favourably to such criteria?

And I have met any number of non-internet using legit black belts in various arts who would have absolutely no conception of who the hell the Dog Brothers are. It's not like they're Bruce-Lee famous, they're very well known in stickfighting circles, less known in the mainstream MA community.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 11:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that Fedor may not be the best benchmark.

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 11:10am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it really that unfair considering SIJO's claims about himself and his system? Or indeed his characterisation by Corvus?