Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 3:54pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcdscott
    I grew up in Ottawa and had friends who trained in WCD\MWC\FSD (take your pick of the name) and at one point got into it with his wife on the net a few years ago...

Anyways a lot of my good friends were students there, and in fact were brown sashes when there was only one black sash (Patenaude himself). I actually spoke to DeMille about Patenaude and he claims Patenaude only has a few hours of training from an instructors camp.

Some of my fond memories of that place were Patenaude telling a student (my friend) to slash the tires of another wing chun instructor, and Patenaude flipping out at some dude at a seminar because the guy had the nerve to open his mouth.

When I 14 I totally bought the hype, but my prents wouldn't pay for my classes...I can't thank them enough for that.
    if what you say is true... wow ...just wow

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 4:04pm

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im also from Ottawa and ive had a few friends in FSD. They both left for 2 reasons: They charged for everything (seminars, sparring classes, too many belt tests etc), and it didnt teach them anything. Hey all the Ottawa people should get together for a beer and shoot the martial ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaric
    Im also from Ottawa and ive had a few friends in FSD. They both left for 2 reasons: They charged for everything (seminars, sparring classes, too many belt tests etc), and it didnt teach them anything. Hey all the Ottawa people should get together for a beer and shoot the martial ****.
    don't forget to come here after we got some :spanky: to do here too :smile:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    if what you say is true... wow ...just wow
    Trust me it is all true, this is back in the late eighties early nineties.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:15pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The following is interesting with regards to this discussion, worth reading for anyone still in Feng Shen Do or a similiar situation: Is Your Martial Art a Cult

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:17pm

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! According to those standards, I am a GrandMaster!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah its a good article, but MA cultish behavior can be so much more subtle... when I was in FSD it was all about the atmosphere.

seriously I expected more controversy to be brought here about FSD
    I think it kind of confirm what I said: FSD students don't go and read about MAs on the net, they are ignorent... it's sad
    well if other FSD ppl quit and come here after I hope they will find this thread and aknowledge the fact that they are not alone.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Everyone

I do not usually respond to these types of messages -I believe that as long as I know what I am and what I have done, that s all that is important For some reason, I seem to be a target for people with too much time on their hands. I am not sure what I have done to you, but let's set the record straight

My name is Scott Hill – I am an instructor in Fang Shen Do – own the school in Richmond and partners for the school in Brockville

I do not see the name for using a User Name. What I am writing is 100% true, so I do not need to hide behind the fake names. If you have an issue or do not believe what I am writing, both my phone number and address are posted on the web.

The facts are as follows:

· Both Sifu Pat and I fought on MARCH 29, 2003
    · Sifu Pat fought sixth and I was the main event (11th match)
    · The event sponsored by the WECF was billed as Bloodsport 50
    · The match took place in an arena (in Laval), tickets were sold. A table of 8 seats ringside cost $300.00. I am not sure where the clown got his information about the second floor of a restaurant, but he is way off base.
    · There was over 5000 spectators and it was covered by television cameras
    · There was a press conference and a weigh-in the night before
    · Both Sifu Pat and I had to be licensed by the province of Quebec as fighters in order to participate
    · My contract was for three 5-minute round fight
    · Sifu Pat's Contract was for two 5-minutes rounds
    · We told people who were close to us about the fight. Had we told everyone, people would have accused us of being braggarts, because we kept it to ourselves we are accused of secrecy - seems like you can't win
    · Sifu Pat won his match @ 2:17 of the first round (TKO)
    · I won my match @t 2:33 of the first round (tap-out)
    · A newspaper in Montreal stated that the main event (my fight) was worth the price of admission
    · I have copies of the articles, posters and pictures (one with my hand in the air - standing in the middle of the octagon, declaring me the new WECF champion) This picture was published in one of the fighting magazines in Quebec

Overall, the experience is one that I am glad I did, but not a huge part of my life. We did it to show that Fang Shen Do is adaptable to any condition, if you train diligently. Both Sifu Pat and I are different fighters who have only trained in Fang Shen Do – but we both won in the first round of our match’s against people that are trained for these competitions. How? But training hard in Fang Shen Do and not listening to the “chit-chat” that is too common in martial art circles

I am often asked why we don't do it again. I tell people that it seems (based on my experience) to be a crooked business. Sifu Pat's opponent was changed twice and he eventually fought (and beat) opponent 2-weigh classes above him. From what I have heard, the promoter was yelling at the referee to re-start my match after Marc had tapped out. He wanted the hometown favorite to win. All in all, I would rather concentrate on my school and students and help them achieve their goals.

As I said, I usually do not respond to these types of writing, as there are no winners. As long as you have someone who wants to stir ****, bad-mouth others and is able to use the Internet to remain anonymous, this types of posts are going to happen.

If anyone has serious doubts, I will make all articles, posters and pictures available for review….

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who did you fight.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    wow thats pretty fucked up...
    the worst moment I had there was in the training camp when there was sparring between 2 girls and they freaked out. One of them, after being hitted, screamed "bitch!" and the fight went to the ground (oh the Irony!) and it became a nice catfight. eventually sifu M. intervented and stopped the fight... He really looked pissed off and he was tauting something like "were here to learn !!!"
    Well, that might just have been worth over a hundred bucks to see. :evil:

About the seijo's outburst: it sounds to me like he knows what he is teaching is bullshit, and that makes him extremely paranoid.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29