Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:29pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Eye of the Tigger

Having scoured this thread and looking at the FSD firewalk video and reading the breaking arrow crap, I think the main selling point of FSD is the 'Strong Mind' accomplish anything type Anthony Robbins / Dr. Phil type sales pitch. The funny thing is no matter how much you have a determined mindset, if your MA skills suck, it just means you get beat up with more enthusiasm on your part.

I remember a sparing class years ago when this 'FSD' type guy was way outclassed yet he refuse to stop (Eye of the Tiger Bullshit ) He just kept getting hit and bleeding more and more and the guy beating the crap out of him wanted to stop but this numb-nuts was too busy refusing to be beaten.

He kept asking for more, entusiatically. Needless to say he ended up KO'ed and fucked up for about three weeks after that with injuries. So as far as this Eye of the Tiger crap goes it only works if you have skills to back it up, and FSD seems to not want people to get any better or learn unless its regulated through them and their limited experience.

Slug
    Last edited by Slug; 5/03/2006 1:32pm at .

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:50pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug
    Having scoured this thread and looking at the FSD firewalk video and reading the breaking arrow crap, I think the main selling point of FSD is the 'Strong Mind' accomplish anything type Anthony Robbins / Dr. Phil type sales pitch. The funny thing is no matter how much you have a determined mindset, if your MA skills suck, it just means you get beat up with more enthusiasm on your part.

I remember a sparing class years ago when this 'FSD' type guy was way outclassed yet he refuse to stop (Eye of the Tiger Bullshit ) He just kept getting hit and bleeding more and more and the guy beating the crap out of him wanted to stop but this numb-nuts was too busy refusing to be beaten.

He kept asking for more, entusiatically. Needless to say he ended up KO'ed and fucked up for about three weeks after that with injuries. So as far as this Eye of the Tiger crap goes it only works if you have skills to back it up, and FSD seems to not want people to get any better or learn unless its regulated through them and their limited experience.

Slug
    I fought a guy like that once. Apparently I threw him out of the club for being a dick or something equally arbitrary in his mind. Anyway, a nice standing side choke and a long nap in the bushes changed his mind, I think. I didn't really wait around for him to decide to fight me again. I wasn't a complete jerk though, I did mention to the cop outside the parking lot that there was a drunk passed out in the bushes. Maybe he should have thanked me for a nice place to sleep and breakfast in the morning?

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Maybe he should have thanked me for a nice place to sleep and breakfast in the morning?

TKD
    Perhaps he got all that plus a stretched rectum being someones unconscious bitch in a cell :)

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps he got all that plus a stretched rectum being someones unconscious bitch in a cell :)

Oh he problably woke up way before he was in a cell ... Cops like you to be awake for the booking , if at all possible .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Oh he problably woke up way before he was in a cell ... Cops like you to be awake for the booking , if at all possible .
    Well it was a campus town and I knew the cop pretty well. My guess would be that he was given a ride home and a lecture about being an idiot.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 4:30pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Slug

Agreed Slug. The eye of the tiger is a good attribute to have but it doesn't make you immortal. Maybe it allows you to take more punches, but nonetheless they're still punches. You can, and will be KO'd.

There's definitely a lot of Superman ego's floating around in Fang Shen Don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Unless your Rodney King...:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 5:33pm

Style: WTF tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol guys, 7 phone calls so far, count it, SEVEN.

on a side note, vale tudo is sweet so far.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 5:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow beast
    lol guys, 7 phone calls so far, count it, SEVEN.

If you return the movies quicker the store tends not to harass you with phone calls...

TKD:blob1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2006 5:53pm

Style: WTF tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    If you return the movies quicker the store tends not to harass you with phone calls...

TKD:blob1:
    dammit i knew i forgot something! now where did i put the striking and closing dvd's, hmm..