Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FSD / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Shawarma & Peterpantsless:

Just to answer your questions I haven't paid the $570 yet, but I'm sure the collections agency will be sent after me as this is what they did to another student who didn't pay. From what I heard though, the courts said that he/she didn't have to pay and the collections agency stopped harrassing them.

The fee doesn't concern me too much though as I have pretty good lawyers on my family side. I'm just waiting to hear them reply again and see what kind of action they're going to take.

As far as what I owe:

$250.00 dollars is for a sash test that they said I didn't have to pay for because when I joined the BBC I recieved a sheet saying that all tests were included. But now since I quit they say I owe them for it. The funny thing is that I never recieved my new sash or the certificate to say I even took the test.

$200.00 dollars is a cancellation fee

and the rest is 10% of what's supposedly remaining on my contract. This makes no sense to me though as I actually have all my receipts which clearly state that I've paid my contract in full. I'm not sure where they're are getting that. Maybe I need to take all my receipts down to them to prove it.

I just hope we don't need to squabble over a few hundered dollars. It really won't break them or me and it'll leave such a sour taste in my mouth of them if it hasn't already done so. I'd rather not spend any more of my time debating it with them, but as I said before, I'll wait and see what their next response is. They know I'm the type of person that would just rather pay it and not have to worry about it anymore as I value my time, but I won't pay for anything that I don't rightfully owe, and I refuse to be bullied. Time will tell, but I'm sure I'll let you know whatever the course of action will be.

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pay nothing, if only to keep your self-respect and to set a precedence for other people in your position not paying such bullshit fees.

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FSD / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having said that though I have to say that the money part doesn't bother me as much as sijo's words did. I kind of expected the money thing as they always pull bill out for me to pay, but I didn't expect sijo to speak to me that way. I don't care who you are; you don't treat people that way especially if you really don't know them. (By this I mean the comments - unfulfilled, man of no action, unhappy, afraid to find out what I'm made of etc)

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the whole concept of signing a contract to study MA still freaks me out. I much prefer teh system we have - you pay 100 ( $150 approx) for a year's membership and insurance - which my sifu waived because he knew i couldn't afford it - and about $15 for three hours worth of training. You pay for how much or how little you train. I think that's the best way tbh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:34am

Style: MT. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would guess that those insults stem from, money lost. You were another potential franchise. We have heard on this forum about schools getting taken away from owners, and a serious lack of blackbelts. Losing you is probably much more than losing a good student, they are losing a cash cow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:53am

Style: Fang Shen Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

washing feet

The feet washing wasn't just it. Later, Patenaude passed around a bucket, asking everybody to sniff it without showing any reaction. It was full of dog ****. He tried to explain that this exercise had to do with concepts of realty. However, words are not his strength, neither is philosphpy; so, it sounded pretty stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 8:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell me you are joking! WOW! I've seen so many other schools that make you wash your own feet, and have a serious lack of buckets of fecies. What are people paying for? Martial Arts?

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 9:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddamn, I want to be a mcdojo leader. I'd be pulling things like that all the time.

"Sijo, why did you make me drink my own pee?
    "It is part of your spiritual training. Now, for your next kata you will go over to that group of Hell's Angels and call them faggots."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 9:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    n00b. Have you been back to class since the review went up? Anything happen?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 10:26am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do they charge for use of air inside this McDojo too?