230592 Bullies, 3430 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1563
Page 102 of 157 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102 103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Slug is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    107

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 3:27pm


     Style: Jeet Kune Do / MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Heart Felt Defence :)

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    yeah I remember it too... I always wondered if I was the only one who found that turning your back at your opponent was a little dangerous in a street fight, plus you would have to knock someone who would be ready to come and help you instead of fighting you. Way to not look like an agressor...
    Well look on the bright side, perhaps your opponent only wanted to beat you up a just 'little'?. It is a well known fact (according to FSD it seems) that assailants would extend a 'courtesy' to verify your state of health and well being in-between pummeling the **** out of you.

    FSD would teach us that his adrenaline dump is in no way going to affect his judgement enough not to check up on you rather then keep wailing away until your brain is a bloody pulp.

    Now, Are you suppossed to sucker punch in between boots to the head?... or after?... or do you sign up for crazy midnight tuesday sessions?

    It must be nice in FSD land... far removed from everday reality... lets all close our eyes and go to this happy place shall we?, with magic sifu's and super secret clubs, super cute puppy dogs, breaking blunt practise arrows on our throats (see Anythony Robbins)...no questioning the Grand Master...no doubts... as long as your check book is in good shape :)

    Slug
    Last edited by Slug; 4/19/2006 3:56pm at .
      #1011
  2. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 4:12pm


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh wait, would this be a definitive example of why not to do FSD?

    TKD:karated:
      #1012
  3. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 4:34pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    DeMotivational Poster

    You know what this thread needs?

    A DeMotivational Poster:
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
      #1013
  4. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 4:41pm


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'L'eau de Patenaude' would be more like it!

    TKD:karated:

    Seriously do my hands stink?
      #1014
  5. madmax is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    48

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 5:18pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    True, true, true

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug
    Shadow Beat Off,

    Didn't you say you were outta shape gained like 70 pounds and gave up on MA?

    Are you in fact not Brian (Pauquett, Packut???) trying to squeeze some info from the posters? or one of his flunkies?

    Come down to Cali (los Angles) and visit a school with someone that actually spent time with Bruce Lee (Inosanto, Poteet, Daniel Lee, Bustillio etc) or a Gracie. FSD seems to be for people that throw a few chung chois and 'feel' empowered. Straight blasting may have been a big deal 20 years ago but you better know WTF to do when you cant pull it off.

    Crap, you can even visit Tim Tacketts wednesday night group for free with Tim Bob Bremer and Jim Sewell all at the same place.

    Acting tough and intimidation will only work pending that person is scared anyway, you dont need fang shen do secret #3 for that.

    Or is everyone up there too busy circle jerking about how formidable FSD is and that nothing else matters?

    Do yourself a favor... pull your pants up, your embaressing yourself and your 'members' are showing


    Slug

    Please note: Someone from an Inosanto seminar (back in 93) spoke of a 'close' from Modern Wing Chun/Fang Shen Do told Dan, that the Pateneaudes, actually taught people to pretend to have a heart attack in a fight. When the 'opponent' bent over to express his concern that you may actually be dying, you then sucker punched him!. Dan appeared like he was trying to comprehend if he was seriuos and not joking, and simply commented ..."Oh Really?..interesting...heart attack huhn?"

    I hear this is on one of the tapes? can someone confrim? better yet post a clip? :)

    Now why didnt they think of that in UFC? :) What next ? bite his lip/tongue when he trys to give you mouth to mouth?
    Heart attack close is true. It's one of the "closes" in FSD. Sad thing is, JP did not invent it. It came from Jim Clarke one of Demile's head instructor. Remember, JP has no original ideas. They're all permanently borrowed.... But entirely HIS OWN.
      #1015
  6. GreenHornet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    497

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 7:19pm


     Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    geez so I guess it makes it worst...
      #1016
  7. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 8:37pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be completely fair to Mr. Scott Hill and to have a completely balanced examination of Fang Shen Do, I am at this point convinced that he did indeed fight a full contact fight against an individual who eventually became an MMA fighter. This guy is named Marc Cambier. Cambier fought in MMA about a year after fighting Scott Hill in a Full Contact match. I think the confusion results from the fact that many people do not know what MMA is. These people assume that simply because they are fighting a person from another style in a full contact environment it is automatically MMA.

    I strongly suspect that Hill would have continued to real sanctioned MMA if sJP would have allowed it. The thing is, if you fight enough real MMA matches you will eventually loose. This a respected and known part of the equation. For example Randy Couture recently retired with a 14-8 record, and is considered one of the recent greats.

    I dont think sJP can understand this, or accept that loosing wouldn't some how make him and his art look bad. The opposite is in fact the truth, stepping up to the plate is what gets respect. Oppening the doors to possibly loosing and learning from the experience is what allows growth as a fighter and a martial artist.

    I respect that Hill did fight full contact even though his patron would have been against it. This says something about him that is positive.

    Now before you think I am going soft, the link died to my demotivational poster. This should fix that.

    I give you again: Fang Shen Don't
    Attached Images  
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
      #1017
  8. TKD Black Belt is offline
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar

    Keeeeee-Yeah!

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,230

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 9:02pm


     Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    To be completely fair to Mr. Scott Hill and to have a completely balanced examination of Fang Shen Do, I am at this point convinced that he did indeed fight a full contact fight against an individual who eventually became an MMA fighter.
    - Wait, I once played a game of touch football against an All American linebacker. Does this mean I get some sort of cudos in the football world? I've also trained with the Western Canadian Taekwon-Do patterns grand champion. Now I trained with him before he won so I guess I get some of the credit for RayRay making it big time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    This guy is named Marc Cambier. Cambier fought in MMA about a year after fighting Scott Hill in a Full Contact match. I think the confusion results from the fact that many people do not know what MMA is.
    - You might be on to something here, if this was 10 years ago. Seriously you can't beg this off on people not knowing. People know what MMA is due not only to the positive press that exists but to the massive amount of negative press (Senator McCain anyone?). People know what MMA is, they may confuse the different associations (my neighbour still thinks I fought in the UFC and tells everyon ehe meets that) but he knows it wasn't 'full contact' patty cake!

    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    These people assume that simply because they are fighting a person from another style in a full contact environment it is automatically MMA.
    - Actually, not to argue semantics but that would be Mixed Martial Arts. Again, people know what MMA is they just don't understand the nuances that exist between associations and groups.

    :gaygay:

    TKD

    "If I really wanted to look stupid I'd start wearing silk robes and doing Kung Fu" - Scooter
      #1018
  9. Askari is offline

    The Bottom Brick

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 9:25pm


     Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Wait, I once played a game of touch football against an All American linebacker. Does this mean I get some sort of cudos in the football world?
    Only if it was on pros-vs-joes.

    There are those out there that think Kickboxing is Mixed Martial Arts because some guys train Kickboxing and others Praying Mantis. Ok, so their stupid.

    Here's the thing. Most of us posting on this thread (that is non-FSD) are in environments where competing (winning and loosing) is not only encouraged but almost down right mandatory.

    Imagine being in an environment where it is completely discouraged? Yuck, how can you have any fun. But then again that environment lends itself to easily becoming blind to its own limitations.

    I even remember a bullshido instructor telling me when I was a young'un that competing would "In the same way that a sword once used is now dull, so to will your ability be in a real fight after competition," So I went and competed, not liking the taste of Kool-Aid. Got my ass whomped and kept competing till I started to win.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
      #1019
  10. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    4/19/2006 9:54pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Got my ass whomped and kept competing till I started to win.
    That's what BS instructors don't want you to know. The truth is that's the only way to be good.
      #1020

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.