Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 4:45am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.) This has nothing to do with WTF. It has all to do with ATA. WTF teaches you how to be a very good athlete who plays tag. ATA teaches you... something. Kicking I guess... if you can call it that.

2.) Yes. Like asking holders to wear protective gear. What the hell, if you can't his a stationary target, then you have no business practicing any sort of fighting that involves the target moving and attempting to hit you back as well. I mean good lord, you have it sanctioned at a national level. Does that mean there are so many incompetent morons that they have to necessitate wearing hogu's while hitting a board? S-C-A-M. My 6 year old baby sister can do break those plastic boards doing most of the basic things without much sucking at it. My 11 year old brother can do a jumping spinning back kick and break a board without hitting a holder and he doesn't even give a **** about doing martial arts. I mean he does it, but he doesn't care to and he can do it. I can do a jumping spinning heel kick, BLIND-FUCKING-FOLDED and break a board without hitting the holder. What does that say?

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is you need to get out of ATA before you have to learn the hard way.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 4:57am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is rapidly degenerating into just another derivitive TKD is crap thread.

If I'm not mistaken, ATA competition is something like karate point-sparring. If you want to argue about hardcore-ness, Sirc (or myself, by virtue of doing similar martial arts) would still be more hardcore than thou without the MT because like I said, the level of contact is much elevated when there's a threat of knockout.

And seriously, putting on the full SWAT riot gear for a simple breaking demonstration doesn't reflect will on the organisation, or the people doing the breaking, or the people holding the boards.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:06am

Style: AMAI TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.) This has nothing to do with WTF. It has all to do with ATA. WTF teaches you how to be a very good athlete who plays tag. ATA teaches you... something. Kicking I guess... if you can call it that.
    I would think that if you were going to tell others that they are teaching **** that you would make sure to have your own house spotless.

I am up for meeting you and having a one-on-one friendly training session. You don't want to do it. I hold my position that I have seen nothing special out of the WTFers or those TKD schools that spar under that rule set.

2.) Yes. Like asking holders to wear protective gear. What the hell, if you can't his a stationary target, then you have no business practicing any sort of fighting that involves the target moving and attempting to hit you back as well. I mean good lord, you have it sanctioned at a national level. Does that mean there are so many incompetent morons that they have to necessitate wearing hogu's while hitting a board? S-C-A-M. My 6 year old baby sister can do break those plastic boards doing most of the basic things without much sucking at it. My 11 year old brother can do a jumping spinning back kick and break a board without hitting a holder and he doesn't even give a **** about doing martial arts. I mean he does it, but he doesn't care to and he can do it. I can do a jumping spinning heel kick, BLIND-FUCKING-FOLDED and break a board without hitting the holder. What does that say?
    Having people wear protective gear in itself isn't a shitty thing. They want to protect those who are there to simply hold. I agree with you that it is BS that some martial artists can't even hit a board without hurting the holders. It pisses me off. My instructor does a 360 degree jump spin side kick with much smaller women holding the boards (gearless)....at doesn't move them at all. Clean break.

And what does it say? A.) The ATA better be putting the smack down on some instructors and B.) Don't fight you while your blind folded.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is you need to get out of ATA before you have to learn the hard way.
    I suppose I will have to learn the hard way. In the mean time, I will continue to train, cross-train when I can, and work with others to improve myself.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I make the plea that ATA should no longer be called Tae Kwon Do, instead call it ATA Karate.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, that's fine then Jackie-poo. 2000 miles is a long way for me to travel just to show you some cross-training madness. Unless it would be worth my time or I am near for some reason, it wouldn't be plausible. Being poor and in college limits your ability to do... well most things.

Just for shits and giggles though, here's something that never happens in ATA...KO's.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is rapidly degenerating into just another derivitive TKD is crap thread.
    Agreed, lets try to keep it clean since I think JKing still wants to ask questions.

If I'm not mistaken, ATA competition is something like karate point-sparring. If you want to argue about hardcore-ness, Sirc (or myself, by virtue of doing similar martial arts) would still be more hardcore than thou without the MT because like I said, the level of contact is much elevated when there's a threat of knockout.
    I never attempted, or wanted to, argue about "hardcore-ness". Questions were asked, I am answering them.

And seriously, putting on the full SWAT riot gear for a simple breaking demonstration doesn't reflect will on the organisation, or the people doing the breaking, or the people holding the boards.
    I agree on all points except the people holding the boards. They have no choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, that's fine then Jackie-poo. 2000 miles is a long way for me to travel just to show you some cross-training madness. Unless it would be worth my time or I am near for some reason, it wouldn't be plausible. Being poor and in college limits your ability to do... well most things.
    If don't want to back yourself up, then you shouldn't be talking ****. I believe JKing has serious doubts on the ATA, but he kept his questioning respectful and is trying to get informed. You are just mud slinging.

Just for shits and giggles though, here's something that never happens in ATA...KO's.
    Don't make me laugh. Your using THAT as an example of what we don't have? I stand by what I said....WTF doesn't impress me and I never found their contact (when I sparred their sparrers under their rules) to hit any worse than what we do.

I do like how you guys hug though. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I spar.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:31am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm agreeing with whatever Sirc is saying, without the ****-stirring. Technique-wise I don't believe the ATA or WTF are that dis-similar. Training methods, and the way these techniques are used, are very different, which makes all the difference when it comes to application time. I'd pick a WTF fighter who knows how to use his roundhouse to knockout-effect over an ATA with superficially the same skills, any time.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not talking ****. I'm trying to save you. I posted that in jest and because it was a sweet spinning heel kick.

How are you able to say that you'll continute to take ATA when you are fully aware that 1.) Contact is not "enforced". 2.) Your main form of sparring is stop and go point sparring, where contact is little to none. 3.) Your whole organization is a sham. 4.) You pass out belts like a vaccination. and 5.) Your women aren't even hot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How are you able to say that you'll continute to take ATA when you are fully aware that 1.) Contact is not "enforced". 2.) Your main form of sparring is stop and go point sparring, where contact is little to none. 3.) Your whole organization is a sham. 4.) You pass out belts like a vaccination. and 5.) Your women aren't even hot.
    1.) Contact IS enforced. My division is require to make some form of contact to score points.

2.) a.) WTF is stop and go too. Sure there is really no "break", but you guys have the refs stop and seperate you all the time either from falling from your missed kicks or because you guys butt chests and won't seperate and spar.

b.) Little to none contact my ass.

3.) No, Jimmy.

4.) Again, no Jimmy. 5 years to earn my BB, my color belts stay at their ranks 2-4 times longer than the require minimum. Other schools may, my area doesn't.

5.) Yes and no. The 17-29 division has some cuties and I picked up my GF and an ATA tournament. (She is senior rank ;) ) Outside that division, no we don't have many cuties.

And honestly, I feel you should be more informed before making some of those accusations.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast