Style: No Style Yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anybody ever heard of Ruffhouse?

Thinking of joining here:

http://www.ruffhousejiujitsu.us

Anybody heard anything good or bad?
    Any opinions just based on the site?
    I'm a newbie so try not to flame me up too much. :)

I know not to join the places you guys refer to as McDojo's, this place doesn't seem to hand out belts like candy, and it is on the way home from my work. Those are my reasons, but perhaps I need better reasons.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds ok. MT + BJJ is a good combo.

However, I found this on the instructor page under the Kid's BJJ/Kickboxing instructors resume:

Black Sash in Wing Chun, Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Black Belt in Pulang Kamatayan/Tadsukan (Filipino Kickboxing Style)
    Black Belt in Kickboxing (American Kickboxing Style)

That's a lot of black belts in addition to a purple belt in BJJ.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three black belts in numerous styles = alarm bells.
    Depending on his age, this is questionable. Not neccessarily because it can't be done on the up and up, but there is a better chance that he got his Black belts from instructors who give them out too easily.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ruffhouse... that sounds like a leather/bear gay club or something...

Meh, sorry for derailing the thread, but I couldn't resist the temptation :P
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 11:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    Ruffhouse... that sounds like a leather/bear gay club or something...

Meh, sorry for derailing the thread, but I couldn't resist the temptation :P
    It's perfectly ok. We're all just waiting for you to post so we can stare at your avatar anyway.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 2:03am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://gdjiujitsu.com/gdjj/index.html

Here is another school in the area that looks good.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 3:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    It's perfectly ok. We're all just waiting for you to post so we can stare at your avatar anyway.
    That is a man.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 10:27am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by greese1
    That is a man.

I think you're right, but this one at least has a smaller prick than that blonde tranny he had for an avatar last week.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/21/2006 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    Gasp!!! I always thought people waited for my posts because they were mentally estimulating... but I guess my avatar does that job much better. LOL... btw, wait and see for my next avatar of her (insert evil smile/laughter.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris