Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    37
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I have a book entitled "Aikido for Life" written by a Geku Homma.

    I wonder if it's the same guy?

    I've the same book. Yes, it is Gaku Homma Sensei's book.



    :icon_stud

  2. #22
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by romba_one
    I've the same book. Yes, it is Gaku Homma Sensei's book.
    Cheers. Good read.
    :new_all_c

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He grabs your lapel and punches you in the face.
    This if they like you, if the start drawing blades then your really screwed

    -You get stabed in the gut and they take your wallet and run away
    -stay calm...

  4. #24
    Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now. supporting member
    Coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,190
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes...
    The hippy school of Aikido...
    If the pigs start tazering people at your sit in, stay calm...
    If they nightstick you for communing with nature, or smoking it for that matter, stay calm...

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    PRC, Shanxi, Lishi
    Posts
    190
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    Be sure to throw a quick, un-telegraphed punch first without leaning, lunging or stomping.

    Better yet a 1-2 combo. Nice and fast.

    "Redirect this, muthafukka."
    Or grab them and pull them into a standing choke. That's right, a standing choke, not even on the ground. I've done it against an Aikido BB and he didn't know how to respond. The idea that he wasn't able to redirect my force confused him.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    274
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon McNeil
    Or grab them and pull them into a standing choke. That's right, a standing choke, not even on the ground. I've done it against an Aikido BB and he didn't know how to respond. The idea that he wasn't able to redirect my force confused him.

    My bet wold be that the guy was not really a Balck Blet in Aikido, or anything else in that matter.

    I think that if you hold a black belt in anything, and you can't get out of a choke of any type, then you just need to give the belt back and kick that instructor right in the balls.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    476
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no punches or kicks? JUDO, BJJ! yea they do kicks and punches, but i dont think ill see any of the gracies knock any one out with a strike any time soon.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    170
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    no punches or kicks? JUDO, BJJ! yea they do kicks and punches, but i dont think ill see any of the gracies knock any one out with a strike any time soon.

    Thank you for that enlightening post. Not a single one of us was aware of that.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO