Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:33pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I must have missed something. Who the **** is dill and how did he end up in this thread?
    He is on the board of the Sokeship Society, which is the thing that initially caught my attention.

http://www.bushido.org/whfsc/

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:36pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh...Well that makes sense.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:37pm

Style: boxing, bjj, jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cuaght me too! Becuase as I stated I know this guy who trained with Dill who is a pretty tuf dude and has trained with lots of good people (and can prove it) and he's got scars from being attacked with a knife. I was just giving a little background of where I was coming from.
    But on topic I suprised at the folks that are lending their names to McDojo related topics. Probably something to do with the cash to be made from Mc Dojo operations! :chewy:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:40pm

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    George Dillman Bullshido artist extraordinaire... i have met him, and he nearly talked me into unconsciousness, but would not even try to knock me out though i stood right in front of him and asked for it...

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    George Dillman Bullshido artist extraordinaire... i have met him, and he nearly talked me into unconsciousness, but would not even try to knock me out though i stood right in front of him and asked for it...

Well you did not belive, And you may have been lifting your big toe while putting the toung on the roof of your mouth.

Bow to your sensei!

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wagamichi LOL

I saw the same thing on the Discovery Channel. "Oh you lifted one toe scrunched the other, blah, blah" Dillman made an ass of himself. And to think I bought his book once upon a time. 49.95! I got punk'd and didn't even get a kiss. Skoold :profe:

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    He can only knock people out if they believe they will be knocked out. Usually he only does his own students.
    This reference was to Gary Dill, though. Totally different, but still both look shady.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky79
    I saw the same thing on the Discovery Channel. "Oh you lifted one toe scrunched the other, blah, blah" Dillman made an ass of himself. And to think I bought his book once upon a time. 49.95! I got punk'd and didn't even get a kiss. Skoold :profe:

He used to come around Indiana real big back in the early 1990's till Glen keeney i think or mabey gene talbot...i can't remeber who it was...was at a seminar where Dillman said "this will kill a man instantly." Who ever it was stood up and said. "Your just going to have to kill me then. I need to feel that ****." George has net been around so much anymore.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 5:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy I've trained with in the past, he showed me a little of Dill's stuff and broke out this manual Dill sold him for 35 bucks back in the eighties and all I can say is dee dah dee McDojo!
    And this guy I've trained with he doesn't claim any rank, but his brother who is a good buddy says he has a first dan in Kempo and a brown in Judo, but Jack, that's his name, never says spit about it. Never talks about fights he's been either. But he's taught me a lot or at least I think so. And I have a third dan in Goju and have been training in BJJ.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 5:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wag my man!

I recall a similar situation here in OK or so the legend goes. Supposedly this guy Jack used to bounce with went to a Dillman seminar (he was invited I think) and he challenged Dillman to knock him out and he couldn't! Point is alot of these huksters are giving the art a bad name.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast