2/12/2006 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Seishindo

Anyone know anything about this?

http://kksj.net/What%20is%20Seishindo.htm

I did a Bullshido site search and couldn't find a thread.

I noted a couple of things that were obvious; Stephen A. Lonsdale developed the syllabus which has been recognized by three international bodies, the International Freestyle Martial Arts Organization, the World Head of Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame and the Martial Arts Masters Pioneers and Legends Hall of Fame.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:12pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    Anyone know anything about this?

http://kksj.net/What%20is%20Seishindo.htm

I did a Bullshido site search and couldn't find a thread.

I noted a couple of things that were obvious; Stephen A. Lonsdale developed the syllabus which has been recognized by three international bodies, the International Freestyle Martial Arts Organization, the World Head of Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame and the Martial Arts Masters Pioneers and Legends Hall of Fame.

Anything with "recognized by three international bodies, the International Freestyle Martial Arts Organization, the World Head of Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame " Is really a big load of crap.

The Sokeship council is a buch of white guys that can't ever be the "style head" so to speak, so they "Invent" thier own system, pay money to the "council" and the "council" proves thier divine right to rule as "Soke"

I have never heard of this art before, but one I see the "council" in any site. i just stop reading.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just went through the website and can't find anything "bullshido" that stands out. Seems like they are trying to move away from the McDojoism of strip mall krotty and reel it back in a bit. This can be found in their payment schedule (no contracts), thier position on not teaching kids until they are mature enough and the verbiage regarding womens self defense. They don't show kids with black belts, they don't make claims of when you'll become a black belt and they don't mention how you will be the shiznit.

Of course, it's still krotty and all but hey, some people dig it.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    I have never heard of this art before, but one I see the "council" in any site. i just stop reading.
    I thought the same thing until I went through the site. The crazy triad of organizations nonwithstanding I couldn't find evidence of bullshido. One way to find out is to go to and check it out if one was so inclined but I can't justify calling bullshido.

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    I thought the same thing until I went through the site. The crazy triad of organizations nonwithstanding I couldn't find evidence of bullshido. One way to find out is to go to and check it out if one was so inclined but I can't justify calling bullshido.

Stephen A. Lonsdale has trained in the martial arts for over 30 years and holds multiple black belts in Shotokan Karate, Hakkoryu Jujutsu and Jujutsu. He is internationally recognized as the founder of Seishindo, a comprehensive syllabus of practical self-defense developed during his 18-year career as a correctional officer in Canada. He is an inductee of the Martial Arts Masters, Pioneers and Legends Hall of Fame and The World Head Family Sokeship Council Hall of Fame as the founder of Seishindo.

http://www.bushido.org/whfsc/whfsc.html

Here is one of them. kooky. Get the google run around with "Pioneers and Legends Hall of Fame"

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Checked the WHFSC site and although cheesy as hell found nothing funny about it other than people would be interested in forming such a council. They don't give rank, they only accept legitimate systems, require backround checks etc. The fees are minimal or for $75 you can be a lifetime member and they all get together once a year to discuss MA's in general, to give seminars of different MA styles with guest speakers and discussion with people from all over the world.

Among the Sokeship Council this guy is listed with names I recognize:

Current Members:
    Jim Arvantis
    Ernie Presas
    Baltazar Sayoc
    Wally Jay
    Masaaki Hatsumi
    Bart Vale
    Ron Van Clief

Posthumous Members:
    Ed Parker

Honorary Members:
    Rickson Gracie
    Kathy Long
    Don the Dragon Wilson
    Bill Wallace
    Ed Parker Jr.

I do think this is a way to add "credentials" to your school but still find nothing Bullshido in a sense of false expectation, false claims, money scamming etc. Cheesy yes, calling bullshido... not yet.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 2:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bushido.org/whfsc/roster.htm

I see we have Ninjers in the Sokeship Council;

Stephen K. Hayes MI., WI., IL.. IN. OH. Ambassador

VAN DONK, RICHARD-10th dan Bushido/ Bunjinkan Ninjitsu/ Inheritor Deceurdas Eskrima. Santa Cruz, CA.
    A little JKD added in for good measure;

DILL GARY - 10th dan SDS Jeet Kune Do. Bartlesville, Ok.

What I don't get is the fact that there are several legitimate, respected martial artists, listed as members too. Why would they lend their names to something like this.
    Not to say that these Ninjers aren't legit!

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 2:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do think this is a way to add "credentials" to your school but still find nothing Bullshido in a sense of false expectation, false claims, money scamming etc. Cheesy yes, calling bullshido... not yet.
    If they want credentials, they could always print their own, and forego the fees. I would rather have bare walls in my dojo, than have documents that are questionable. I cannot define Bullshido, but this is a step in the right direction.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 2:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm not yet either, but...and i may be wrong, I was under the impression that the term Soke denotes a succsesor in a line that the head man will after his death. If that is true, one canont invent or "soke" a new system.

Also, a lot of these "Organizations" will just add names to thier "halls of fame" that are world recognized people. "The world martial arts hall of fame" does this. They "induct" people like Funikoshi or bruce lee, and use those names to lend credibility to the people that spen the $400.00 to be inducted.

Any organization can induct Wally jay, Pay him $3000.00 to come to thier dinner and smile and hand out a plaque. That does not mean the person is any good. Or even that wally jay thinks its good. Just that he made money of the scam.

I am always dubious of the "halls of fame." Your right, mabey not bullshido, but still may be not all above board.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    What I don't get is the fact that there are several legitimate, respected martial artists, listed as members too. Why would they lend their names to something like this.
    Not to say that these Ninjers aren't legit!
    The honoraries probably didn't. The rest did because this looks to be a way to network among MA instructors from all over. Like I said, some like to add "credentials" to their name or as another way for google to find them. Still doesn't mean the style is bullshido. For example:

Hayes - Bullshido
    Jay - Not Bullshido
    Vale - Borderline
    Sayoc - Not Bullshido
    Hatsumi - Not Bullshido
    Gracie (Reylson) - Borderline
    Tony Cecchine - Talk to ICY

BTW... I have no idea why I'm defending some krotty school instead of posting one liners and fucking with noobs. But what the hell, not worth ruining some dudes rep without proof and this forum doesn't always give a fair shake.

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast