Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:46am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jerome Le Banner fighting Tim Sylvia in the UFC?

Well everyone that follows MMA through sites like MMAWeekly and Sherdog must have read about this by now. But this is how its been...

It starts off with this news story on MMAWeekly:

Alan Kermorvan/Mmaweekly.com: Hi Jérôme. You got in touch with me because you'd like to pass a message, what is it?

Jérôme LeBanner: Hi, yeah indeed I'd like to issue a challenge to a well known MMA fighter from the USA.

AK: Great! But who is he? A UFC fighter?

JLB: Yeah he's a UFC fighter. I'll give you a few hints: he's tall, a striker, and wears ridiculous sunglasses (laughs).

AK: (laughs) Sunglasses? That must be Tim Sylvia right?

JLB: Exactly!

AK: Why do you want to fight a MMA fighter? And why in the USA and not in Japan?

JLB: Actually I just want his sunglasses (laughs). No seriously, I love UFC, the USA and MMA. I've been paying more attention to MMA lately and I'd like to fight under these rules more often. I liked the ground training with Dean Lister and I'd really like to keep on improving. For my fight against Karaev at K1 New Year's Eve, it was the first time I trained seriously on the ground. And I must say I liked it. Against Karaev I didn't only try to survive on my back, waiting to go back on my feet. Ok my takedown attempt was pathetic... but it was the first one in my life!

AK: Why Tim Sylvia?

JLB: Sunglasses are my weakness. (laughs)

AK: Ok so you want to fight him to get his sunglasses?

JLB: Yeah if I win he should give them to me, it should be in the contract. Seriously now. Tim Sylvia is a great fighter in the USA, he's considered as the n°2 UFC heavyweight and fans often say that he's a good striker. I often read on forums "Sylvia is a deadly striker". I'd like to show american fans what a deadly striker really is (laughs). I don't have anything against Sylvia and he has all my respect. However I think I can beat him... even in MMA.

AK: So you want to fight for UFC? Does it mean you'd leave K-1?

JLB: No, not at all! I don't want to leave K-1. I always hear about organizations exchanging fighters and it doesn't happen too often. So here's the deal: 2 fights, Tim Sylvia fights me in Japan under K-1 rules and I give him a rematch in the octagon.

AK: That's a great idea. Do you think both companies and Sylvia will accept?

JLB: I challenged Sylvia, now it's up to him. Does he accept to fight me? K-1 rules should suit him as he's a deadly striker and I don't have any problems with fighting him under MMA rules. Furthermore it'd be great for UFC's exposition in Japan and vice-versa... Everybody can get something out of it.

AK : Thanks a lot Jerome, we hope that Tim Sylvia will accept the challenge !

JLB : You are welcome, I hope he will accept ! We keep in touch with my new official site www.jerome-le-banner.com. 2006, will be a very very busy year for me !

And Tim Sylvia´s response?

if your going to open your big fat french mouth to call me out at least have the respect to call me out at ufc. Why not call out AA if you think your so good why the #2 guy. This guy just wants some publicity cause he's a nobody and he wants some recognition. Go cry about your shitty career somewhere else. Ill fight Lebitch no question that’s if of course he has the balls to come to the octagon. We all know the french are pussys.

Well I for one can´t wait to see this "french *****" or "nobody", who happens to be one of the best K-1 fighters ever, beat the living crap out of Tim Sylvia.

If Dana White and co have any brains at all, they will sign this fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the ****? nobody? I hope he does fight Lebanner in k-1 first, no way will he be out of hospital for the MMA fight and if he is he will have a cast over his fucked up face and wont be able to see. French are pussies but Jerome is a fucking machine of death.

and what is with Sylvias attitude, did he actually say that?

EDIT- jeromes reply to sylvias whining bitchiness http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...1562&zoneid=13

"Hi everyone. First of all I'd like to thank the fans, especially the American ones, who backed me up and thought I'd win against Tim even under MMA rules. I didn't think American fans would be that fair-play! In various forums (MMAWeekly, Sherdog, MMA.TV, Ironlife etc), most of the members think I'd win and that's touching. I'll reply point by point.

1. I don't think it's disrespectful to challenge someone from another organization. Challenges are what this sport is about, it brings excitement and allows the best to fight against each other. And if I remember well, Sylvia challenged Pride champion Fedor... Contradiction?

2. I thought a 2 fights deal, 1 fight in each organization would be good. But I have no problem with fighting him ONLY under mma rules in the UFC cage... Or anywhere else no matter the rules. So I officially state I want to fight Sylvia in the UFC cage. I'm at Dana White and Zuffa's disposal, and I'm waiting for them to reply to my manager's mail. I know they are serious people, I don't worry for that. Here's my manager's mail: alkermor@msn.com and my official website's address: www.jerome-le-banner.com

3. Why him and not Andrei Arlovski? For 2 reasons: first I'm sick and tired of reading he has great striking skills. I think I can prove he's far from being world class on his feet. Then I'm not challenging AA cause I'm not arrogant, I'm new in mma and Andrei Arlovski is on top. I don't think I will do good in a ground phase with him. It's too early, I must improve. I'm honest and I'm not overestimating myself. Everybody knows I'm not afraid of anyone but you must be realistic. Furthermore UFC would never accept a fight between Andrei Arlovski and someone from another org.

4. Sylvia says I'm a nobody and that I want recognition. He must be blind and deaf. Of course in the USA UFC is more well known than K-1 but in the entire world K-1 is far more popular. Sylvia is a no name outside of the USA, I'm not. I fought against the best and beat a lot of them, you can't say that for Tim.

5. Sylvia talks about respect and then he insults me? I also read articles where he insulted Tito Ortiz... Contradiction again? Before opening his big mouth he should compare his career with Tito's. Tito is a huge champion an deserves respect.

6. Regarding the insults again, I've met so many big mouths it doesn't bother me anymore. When I talk, I take upon myself and fight afterwards. He calls me "*****", "bitch" he insults my name, he insults my country... What the **** is wrong with him? We'll see if he'll talk that much when we'll be face to face...

So there, I hope mma fans understood it's just about the sport and that I won't lower myself and start insulting him. Now, I'd like him to tell me all that stuff face to face in the octagon at UFC 58. I want to challenge him in front of everybody... I know he must fight Andrei Arlovski so I'll wait for this fight to happen. I just hope Andrei Arlovski won't hurt him too much... Sylvia has no chance against him.

It's up to Tim now and the UFC now, I want to challenge him face to face in the cage as he requested. Dana, invite me and I'll be here for UFC 58.

For further info please visit my site www.jerome-le-banner.com , My space users can get in touch with me through my agent here: http://www.myspace.com/aka29

See you,

JLB

p.s : I still want his sunglasses
    Last edited by alex; 2/12/2006 1:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:30pm

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I'm sure everyone else is thinking, this fight probably won't happen. And if it does, Tim is gonna get his ass torn off and replaced with his own face. :booty:

Yeah, even in MMA I think LeBanner would win. Sylvia shows a remarkable talent for getting knocked out by superior strikers well before he can impliment any kind of gameplan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:12pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to see LeBanner fight big Tim. Obviously LeBanner has superior striking. His striking is better than almost anybody in MMA. If Tim traded with LeBanner we would see a quick, brutal KO.

However, Tim trains with Team Miletich. Those guys are not dumb. Tim would take down LeBanner and follow up with some GnP. Obviously Tim Sylvia isn't the best grappler, but he has been training much longer than lebanner on the ground. And being 6'10" Tim Silvia could just pound from the guard and win a decision.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 9:17pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    I would love to see LeBanner fight big Tim. Obviously LeBanner has superior striking. His striking is better than almost anybody in MMA. If Tim traded with LeBanner we would see a quick, brutal KO.

However, Tim trains with Team Miletich. Those guys are not dumb. Tim would take down LeBanner and follow up with some GnP. Obviously Tim Sylvia isn't the best grappler, but he has been training much longer than lebanner on the ground. And being 6'10" Tim Silvia could just pound from the guard and win a decision.

I agree with this. Tim Sylvia has good striking skills, but I dont think he has K-1 level skills. That being said, I think a standup exchange between him and LeBanner would leave Silvia a mess.

I think what makes Tim Sylvia a good standup fighter, even though many dont think much of his standup, is his incredible toughness. Silvia can take quite a few shots and keep on coming, and that certainly helps when you want to exchange blows with someone.

In a striking contest, I think its a no brainer that LeBanner would pick him apart. Under MMA I wonder if Sylvia would choose to stand up with him or not. Even if he managed to take the fight to the ground, I dont feel that Sylvia is proficient enough on the ground to finish someone. In this respect, I feel that Sylvia would win over LeBanner if he could take him to the ground, but I do not feel that he could finish the fight or seriously hurt him.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 9:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a minor correction.

Tim Sylvia is 6'8"...I believe JB is 6'3" although I may be incorrect. I'm invoking the Duane Ludwig clause as well in explaining why JB would destroy Sylvia in standup. I think it would be a bit of a coup regardless to bring JB to the octagon and I am impressed with how he comported himself so far in talkin about Tim.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out...if it happens, although I'd love to see Sylvia knocked out by a high kick, I'm going to vote on a 1/2 dozen kicks to the leg followed by a left hook for the KO.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 10:09pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Le Banner has been working on his ground game. And he says he likes groundfighting.... Slyvia is a dead man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 10:49pm

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to see the UFC put this together though it's very unlikely considering how protective they are of Miletich fighters. I've never been a fan of Sylvia's, and don't see how he could rightly win this one without the expection of a fluke KO. The guy is good and has that incredible power but unless LeBanner has not actually made the trasition to MMA timing he should have Tim ten out of ten times.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 11:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.jerome-le-banner.com/video.html

His highlight is brutal. It reminds me what I always think when I see him fight - why has he not won a GP yet??

Sylvia might win with lay'n'pray unfortunately, but I hope leBoner smashes his stupid goateed face in.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 5:21am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC striking is vastly overrated. I love it, but very few of them are actually halfway decent, even the ones billed as "deadly strikers".
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast