Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alternatively:

If you can reach both legs then you could try grabbing behind his thighs, putting your head to one side, basing out with the leg on that same side and walking it forwards while pushing with your shoulder. You kind of spiral over and end up in his half-butterfly.

If you can only get one leg then grab behind his thigh, stick your head between his legs and use the free hand to grab the blade of his foot and pull it towards you between his legs. He falls backwards, and ends up in guard.

Can't find any pictures or names for these. Apologies if I've just spewed white-belt stupidity all over this thread.

UFC Fighter

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, No-Gi Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peakout usually comes from a sprawl when they have one underhook / front headlock. If he is just laying on you, thats not a peekout.

And even if he is on you in that situation with a front headlock / one underhook, its still going to be tough on someone that much bigger than you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 7:56pm

Style: judo, boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a thought. Bring your feet to butt, post on both arms, (if they have a choke slip one hand between your neck and arm) duck under, placing one hand across the chest and estentially sweeping under. It's hard to explain, but check out Dan Gables "Coaching Wrestling Succesfully".

Office Drone

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonite is open mat, so I'm going to go try in a few hours.

Should be the perfect night: I'm sick and need sleep, plus, I hurt my back last week and still haven't recovered!!! Wooooo!

It's going to be pure technique, I swear :5jigsaw:

This time I have motivation: Musculing = extreme pain tomorrow :blob1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 2:23pm

Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, you can pick an elbow and wrap the inside of your elbow around the outside of theirs and roll into it on your back, being sure to hold the elbow tightly so they stay with you. Your back should now be on their chest, with their back on the ground. Keeping up on your toes so that all your weight is on their chest and pinning them down. Start moving your feet to either side until you can do sort of a back stroke motion with the arm closest to their legs, "swim" it over their stomach, using the arm that's now over their torso turn your body to face them while swimming over with your second arm into side mount. I'll try to find some pics as-well!
    Last edited by C 'Quence; 2/28/2006 2:25pm at .

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they have their arms wrapped around your torso, they have to bend over to do it. Once their center of mass is over your center of mass, they're in serious trouble. The peekout works because they have no balance. Just shorten up, get some base, and you should be able to recover.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 4:37pm

Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :needpics: I think I can safely say...

Or rather, really hard to understand, I've been wrestling for some years, and can't understand any of this....

Maybe I'm just retarded...

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:22am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    I am not asking this to be smart, but what about when the guy on top has his hands clenched together?

I tried peeking out on him by he just shoved me back. He had a weight advantage of around 80 lbs.

I take it I am just screwed . . .

If you've seen Nogueira's match against Bob Sapp, he used this particular move to reverse Sapp and finish the takedown every time Sapp did a shitty sprawl. I think Nog runs around 235 but Sapp was 387 in that fight.

If you didnt see the fight, the highlight video is relativly easy to find online and it shows many instances that Nog did this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12