Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 4:45pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    the ninja said that he grabbed the guy's balls and he yelped and jumped off him and said "We don't train for that!" and the ninja said "We do".
    That is highly amusing. :-D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 7:10pm

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so it sounds like the Booj usually sucks ass. Just for shits and giggles, I was considering checking out the only X-kan dojo in New Jersey. Jack Hoban is the head instructor.
    Would I just be pissing my time and money away? I'm not looking to be t3h d3adl3y n1nj4, just to have some fun. But the idea of training without hard-contact makes my colon clench. Anyone know anything about this branch of the Bujinkan?

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 7:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JAck Hoban is a big name in the Bujinkan. Don't know if he can fight or not, or how good a coach he is. Why not check it out and report back?

His bio:
    http://www.livingvalues.com/bio.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:33pm

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JAck Hoban is a big name in the Bujinkan. Don't know if he can fight or not, or how good a coach he is. Why not check it out and report back?

His bio:
    http://www.livingvalues.com/bio.htm

Good call. It's only $40 a month, so it sounds like he cares more about the art than about money. I'll be satisfied if I come home with a few new bruises.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, as for ninjas and groundfighting. Once we rolled on the ground at training. It was **** because we didn't know what to do, standup judo-style randori would have been more appropriate. Afterwards this guy said that he rolled with a BJJ friend of his, and his friend managed to pin him hard, the ninja said that he grabbed the guy's balls and he yelped and jumped off him and said "We don't train for that!" and the ninja said "We do". Personally I haven't investigated nutgrabs during rolling yet so I don't know how effective a tactic it is. My guess is it's not the sure-fire winner some people make it out to be.
    I once had a ninja bite me from under mount. I later delighted in his screams as I armlocked him repeatedly with a meager Judo yellow belt arsenal.

The bite left a purple mark through my judogi and it only made me mad. Later analysis of what I could find of ninjitsu on the internet confirmed it was indeed utter crap but doubly worse in the grappling range.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    Okay, so it sounds like the Booj usually sucks ass. Just for shits and giggles, I was considering checking out the only X-kan dojo in New Jersey. Jack Hoban is the head instructor.
    Would I just be pissing my time and money away? I'm not looking to be t3h d3adl3y n1nj4, just to have some fun. But the idea of training without hard-contact makes my colon clench. Anyone know anything about this branch of the Bujinkan?

You'll be disapointed. Jack Hoban is part of that Bujinkan " too d3adly too spar and test technique" crowd. Those are the biting, eye gouging Ninjers.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 8:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    You'll be disapointed. Jack Hoban is part of that Bujinkan " too d3adly too spar and test technique" crowd. Those are the biting, eye gouging Ninjers.
    How do you know this? Have you heard him say something to that effect?

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 9:03pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you know this? Have you heard him say something to that effect?

This was posted by Dale Seago about Jack Hoban. Also Jack is like 2 hours from me. He part of the Ed Martin/ Phil Lagare crew. Very anti sparring. 99% of the Bujinkan Dojos on the East Coast of the US are under this philosphy.

"Years ago my friend Jack Hoban was teaching a program at Princeton University, in the course of which he showed a defense against a rear bear hug. There were both men and women in the class, and one of the guys asked Jack to do it to him so he could better feel what was going on. The guy grabbed Jack from behind, Jack began to move. . .

. . .And suddenly the guy, who was apparently a wrestler or something, shifted to a rear forearm choke and dropped to the ground, taking Jack down. Now most probably the guy just wondered whether "ninjas" had something in their repertoire to deal with that situation, whether there was some "technique" they could use to get out of it. He was coming from a sport backgound and mentality. All Jack knew was that this guy had suddenly "changed the rules" and actually attacked him, with something that had the potential to injure or kill him.

Jack actually did lose consciousness for a moment. When he came to, the other guy was some distance away, choking and retching with a look of wide-eyed horror on his face. Jack had slimy bits of flesh under his fingernails.

What he had done as he was losing consciousness was something he had learned from Hatsumi sensei, who had once done it to him: Jack had thrust his hand into the guy's mouth and down his throat, where he began tearing at the guy's esophagus from the inside.

For some reason the guy dropped Jack's class after he got out of the hospital."

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 9:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes that would work, all grapplers fight with their mouths wide open because they secretly fantasize about fellating Helio Gracie, and it just kinda happens...
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 2/12/2006 9:19pm at .

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, sucker was asking for it trying to be a dick like that (if it happened). But yeah, he's anti-sparring last I checked.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast