Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 8:20pm

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    For ultimate Ninja action, rent the movie Duel to the Death.
    I assure you that you will not be dissappointed.
    LOL

I love that movie.

Bloodiest end fight evar! :emo: :emo: :emo:

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 9:52pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Ok, as for ninjas and groundfighting. Once we rolled on the ground at training. It was **** because we didn't know what to do, standup judo-style randori would have been more appropriate. Afterwards this guy said that he rolled with a BJJ friend of his, and his friend managed to pin him hard, the ninja said that he grabbed the guy's balls and he yelped and jumped off him and said "We don't train for that!" and the ninja said "We do". Personally I haven't investigated nutgrabs during rolling yet so I don't know how effective a tactic it is. My guess is it's not the sure-fire winner some people make it out to be.
    The moral of the story -- ninjers are nutgrabbers, so wear your cup.
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 10:58pm

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Edit: There is real Ninjutsu outside of the X-kans. That is propagranda that the Bujinkan is the only way. Many Ko-Ryu Japanse Bujutsu includes a Section of Ninjutsu.
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 11:13pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanArmory

The Bujinkan and the other X-kan like to run around and say if you're not part of there organization, what you are teaching must be fake. Others just claim that as long as your art lineage passed through Takamastsu, its legit but anything otuside this is fake.

Now for the most part this is true, in the West. This is mainly to seperate these legit arts from the Ashida Kim, Koginun, Tew Ryu, Dux Ryu bullshit. However, it not true in Japan. There are arts that are still taught in Japan that include Ninjutsu as part of their teachings. Tanaka Fumon runs one such school.

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 11:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On that note, maybe Asia or some on the more knowledgable Ko Ryu guys would know

I heard about Saihoin Buan Ryu including sections of Ninjutsu. Anyone know if that Ryu-Ha survived.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 12:51am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope Shinbushi happens upon this thread. Even though I've never seen his school, I consider his establishment to definately fall within "Applied Taijutsu"...and his opinion carries a bit more weight than your standard, "Ninjers Suck!" bandwagoner.

I do know that my old Genbukan school taught the famed "Bite Defense" against a RNC...which freaked me out. Still, the training was intense and the instructor always made sure our partners were fully resisting, even if sparring/randori wasn't used.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    I hope Shinbushi happens upon this thread. Even though I've never seen his school, I consider his establishment to definately fall within "Applied Taijutsu"...and his opinion carries a bit more weight than your standard, "Ninjers Suck!" bandwagoner.

I do know that my old Genbukan school taught the famed "Bite Defense" against a RNC...which freaked me out. Still, the training was intense and the instructor always made sure our partners were fully resisting, even if sparring/randori wasn't used.
    The Biting in Ninpo/NinpoTaijutsu is known as Shi Ken (Death fist). Basically its taught, if all else fails and you are about to die, bite them. If it does anything, it might be a way out. If it doesn't you're dead anyway.

Ph34r P0sT # 500!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanArmory
    Exactly what he said. Serveral Koryu school (there is NO SPACE in KO RYU or spaces when righting japanese for the most part) have a section that would fall into the category of NINJUTSU meaning they deal with infiltration, sabotage, intel gathering, etc. They may not address all aspects but some. Example is the Jigen school of swordsmanship have some elements of ambushing pple from a hidden postion.

BITE DEFENSE to a RNC is a good way to get your jaw broke.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 12:42pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you just like to practice "unfair" ninjutsu-type tactics, or are you affiliated with an X-kan?

I thought everything in Ninjutsu was unfair tactics ? I don't believe cuting someones throat while they sleep is what I would call fair.

Posted On:
    2/12/2006 3:59pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're fighting, shouldn't everything be fair?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast