2/11/2006 12:41am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mayweather to Face Judah on April 8

Mayweather to Face Judah on April 8

Tue Feb 7, 8:49 PM ET

NEW YORK - Floyd Mayweather Jr. is aiming for his fourth title in four weight classes when he faces IBF welterweight champion Zab Judah on April 8 in Las Vegas.

Promoters Bob Arum and Don King announced the fight Tuesday at a press conference in Manhattan.

Mayweather, 35-0 with 24 knockouts, is a three-time world champion at 130, 135 and 140 pounds. He'll fight at 147 pounds to face Judah (34-3, 25 KOs).

Judah, the previously undisputed champion, was upset by Carlos Baldomir on Jan. 7 at Madison Square Garden. But Baldomir only won the WBC version of the welterweight title because he never paid the sanctioning fees to the WBA and the IBF.

Mayweather fought as a welterweight for the first time last November, knocking out Sharmba Mitchell in the sixth round. He won the WBC super lightweight world title fight in June with a sixth-round technical knockout against defending champion Arturo Gatti.

"Zab is fast and strong, but he has no chin," Mayweather said. "No way he will be able to take my punch."

Judah had his own take on things.

"This will be an extravaganza," he said. "I have waited my whole life for a fight like this."

King is predicting Judah will bounce back from the loss to Baldomir, like he did after losing to Cory Spinks. Judah beat Spinks in a rematch in February to claim the undisputed welterweight title with a ninth-round TKO.

King and Arum shared the dais in 1999 for the Oscar De La Hoya-Felix Trinidad fight.

"It will be lights out in Arumville again," King said. "In the rematch with Spinks, Zab was very focused ... I have every reason to believe he will do the exact same thing to Floyd Mayweather. Zab is at his best when his back is against the wall."

The fight, promoted by Top Rank and Don King Productions, will take place at the Thomas & Mack Center and be shown on HBO pay-per-view.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060208/...N5bnN1YmNhdA--

Don't follow a lot of boxing myself but looking forward to this fight.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 4:39pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather will win, but not as easy as people think. Mayweather has not fought anybody even remotely fast and Judah's just as fast as him. Judah is also the bigger, stronger fighter. What will give Mayweather the victory is Judah's terrible chin and Mayweather's smarts.