Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 7:34pm

Style: DZR JJ, Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever you or your friend does, run, RUN, don't walk, away from Tiger Kim's TKD on Colfax. That place is the McDojo to end all McDojos. Or at least it was ten years ago when I trained there -- maybe they've straightened up since then.

But I doubt it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:06am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you all.

My friend is starting this Saturday at Enshin Karate as his starter. His never done any MA before so his complete noob. All in all, his been saved from bullshido school.

I informed him about amount of good rep Grappler's Edge school and Willem de Thouar's schools. He said he'll consider after getting his feet wet for crosstraining.

Thanks again.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToofLess
    Whatever you or your friend does, run, RUN, don't walk, away from Tiger Kim's TKD on Colfax. That place is the McDojo to end all McDojos. Or at least it was ten years ago when I trained there -- maybe they've straightened up since then.

But I doubt it.

haha that place

lol

Speaking of Colfax - has anyone ever been to that guardian angels place? It's on colfax, isn't it?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 5:03pm

Style: DZR JJ, Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    haha that place

lol

Speaking of Colfax - has anyone ever been to that guardian angels place? It's on colfax, isn't it?
    I haven't dealt with the GAs in a long time (and yeah, pretty sure they're still on Colfax), but I wish one or two of the red-beret wearers would march on Kim's and beat out the $50.00 testing fee I got charged for the yellow piece of tape on my white belt from when I was there...

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 12:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a tiny LOLer necropost:

Was in Denver for a concert thurs. night. We walked by the Tiger Kim's place. A buddy of mine is with me. He has no idea who or what they are, and he goes, "Jesus man, what the hell? Is this supposed to be serious?"

(they have this window display of merch that is almost eplilepsy inducing)
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 3/18/2006 12:19pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12