• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Naturally. In fact, if you get your ass kicked when using your wing chun against a boxer, it's because he secretly used wing chun to defeat you. Of course, he'd never admit to this, but instead falsely attribute his victory to physical exertion in training, training to not hit like a toddler and actual sparring instead of chi sao.

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 11:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Good point. I think the main thing we all agree on is that a fighting system should be well rounded. Having only one answer to a whole method of fighting is like putting your eggs in a nail lined basket and jummping off a house hoping not to break them. Arts, or more importantly instructors and coaches that ignore methods of fighting are doing so because they have no answers for those types of attacks.
    I don't care what you say, I'm not going to put my eggs in a nail lined basket and jump anywhere. Even thinking of it makes my voice higher.

That's just not the way I roll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 11:59pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I often whince out loud when looking at _ing __un on the internet. People rarely use their body the way my group does. Eg. its all slappy crap with the arms, without effective body work, footwork or good body mechanics. Normally they dont even grab or grapple at all- its all imitations of a photo of Yip Man in the 50's when he was probably just joking around with students a lot like how Tatang would try use different postures to invite students to attack him.

As a martial arts teacher one time this guy who was a huge body builder a foot taller than me and maybe 3 times my weight grabbed my weak arm as hard as he could and said get out of it. Even by using the small movements of WC I couldnt move my arm at all to break with tahn sao. Seeing as it was a stick flghting class I just swapped my stick hand and hit him in the back of the head. Which is definitely the FMA way; to go with the flow and dont fight the force.

Later my group started to do WC grappling drills. One thing I realised was I could've used my body to pivot and break the grip. This is only something I realised from practisiing grappling. So yeah its silly to claim knowledge outside of one's restrictive sphere especially if what you do is the 99% of crap slap _ing __un one sees paraded on the internet - usually by the VT uber organisation.

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in other words, you have the real wing chun. Nice to see it's finally been pinned down since everyone and their fucking grandmother claims to have it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STFU troll. There is no real wing chun!!! I definitely dont claim it capeche moron?

The only real things have an objective measurement.

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, you lost me at the "Wing Chun Grappling Drills" part. Mainly because of cardiac arrest due to laughing.

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:19am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it that there are no good WC MMAers or Kickboxers?

Every other art seems to have had at least SOME.

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen footage of a WC stylist winning an MMA fight.

Well, I say WC stylist, but he won by a highly non-WC RNC after making his opponent give up his back after being wailed at by some highly un-WC like punches from a highly non-WC like mount position.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh so you have "teh real BJJ" as full certified directly by Helio? Helio who now wears a blue belt in disgust at the direction BJJ has taken. Welcome to the club pal.

Wing Chun grappling drills are easy. You just try and push each other over, grab eachother from the shapes and counter and go for sweeps, throws, breaks, perhaps a choke or whatever that came out. Its called Chin nah dude - its an important part of any CMA. By doing it people figure out what all the shapes and body mechanics are for and learn about what not to do.

The truth is most _ing __un people dont know anything about the Chin Nah components of their style. This is a shame because it teaches a lot of lessons.

If sparring using different formats and using that as a test for the effectiveness of techniques means according to you, that I miraculously have "teh real Wing Chun" then I'm not the only one and thans for the thought. The real WC then could be defined as the open source application of WC ideas to different full resistance sparring formats. Kind of like "reality Wing Chun".

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 12:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It amuses me that you do not realize that what you are saying is essentially "I have the real wing chun, although most others don't."
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast