Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:28pm

Style: Southern Praying Mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh... And who's POKING in the eye? I stuck my thumb in the guy's eye.... Made the most horrible sound.

Not pleased I had to do it, but then again it could well have saved my life.

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:33pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by benfscott
    Oh... And who's POKING in the eye? I stuck my thumb in the guy's eye.... Made the most horrible sound.

Not pleased I had to do it, but then again it could well have saved my life.

Yawn!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not a sports fighter. I'm genuinely just interested in self defence and I have done the thumb in the eye thing myself, and seen good grapplers get repeatedly elbowed in the spine as they go for a takedown against another Kung Fu practitioners...

Surely there are just good fighters and bad fighters - In a real-world no rules fight I really think this scissors-paper-stone 'Jui-Jutsu beats Wing Chun' mentality will often leave people on the floor in a pool of blood wondering why their invincible technique failed them, whatever style they train in.

I have had good teachers and terrible teachers and strangely, the one that have taught me the most are the ones who don't fight in the ring/octogon - they are the ones who live in the ****-hole areas, have HAD to learn to be tough both mentally and physically, can read when it is going to 'kick off' in a pub, and ultimately, are prepared to do the most to end a fight as quickly as possible. Not nice but effective. To say these guys are not great fighters because they aren't trained gapplers is seriously doing them a disservice.

Anyway, I await the inevitable flames as I dare to stick up for Wing Chun...

See, WC, Aikido, Kung Fu, and other supposed TMA get flamed because of Bullshit like this:

"I live and learn and train for the street. The Street bitches. " This would've saved you a few minues of typing a thesis.

This would have saved you from repeating what every TMA person has said before you and will continue to say after you leave,

That is why you'll get flamed. Has nothing to do with WC that is just an added bonus.

Stop just stop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    The old poke him in the eye ****! why aret there a billion chinese with only one eye? I guess that don't work so well. It may thoe on old women and young children.

Possibly the stupidest post I have read on this site. Err... Jamming your finger in someone's eye doesn't work in a fight because there aren't a billion one-eyed Chinese people in the world to substantiate its efficacy?

Yeah, I've started doubting guns can help win fights too, because there aren't 100-odd million yanks with shotgun wounds to the chest....

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Possibly the stupidest post I have read on this site. Err... Jamming your finger in someone's eye doesn't work in a fight because there aren't a billion one-eyed Chinese people in the world to substantiate its efficacy?

Yeah, I've started doubting guns can help win fights too, because there aren't 100-odd million yanks with shotgun wounds to the chest....
    That was called sarcasam butt boy. You can try and defend WC with all the gusto of a little LARPER, but the facts are it sucks. The old "we would do things not allowed in the ring" **** is bunk. If you cant grapple, what makes you think you are going to be able to get your hands free enough to start eye gouging? Live in your kung-fu shoe fantasy world, but WC sucks, your aurgument for it has been typed a million times here, and STFU.

Grapling is not a choice, when the other person is good at it and decides to take you down. All the little "finger" dagers of wing chung are not going to stop it.

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Its an attitude like that that cost you brits the colonies. :eusa_eh:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how aggressive people get about knocking on traditional martial arts...

So now I'm a street bitch? Brilliant. I love it. Perhaps the reason these comments have been raised a few times before is because no-one ever responds to them with anything other than pointless rhetoric and macho posturing.

You didn't respond to anything I said. You didn't have a valid opinion on the points I raised. Or perhaps you did, but were unable to articulate it properly without ending up calling me a Street bitch.

What also made me laugh was the comment about my typing a thesis... My friend, some of us are able to type more than a couple of paragraphs before our fingers/brains start to hurt.

All this rubbish aside though, I'm interested in your opinions on what I actually said, with all the slightly crap insulting stuff thrown away. Come on dude, let's play nice. Aren't forums supposed to be for debate?

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All this rubbish aside though, I'm interested in your opinions on what I actually said, with all the slightly crap insulting stuff thrown away. Come on dude, let's play nice. Aren't forums supposed to be for debate?

This is debate. Bullshido style!

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:52pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Actually, over the years, this is actually true.

"In 2002, there were 30,242 gun deaths in the U.S":-Numbers obtained from CDC National Center for Health Statistics mortality report online, 2005.

Don't be stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Its an attitude like that that cost you brits the colonies. :eusa_eh:

Dude, do we really have to get into slagging off each other's countries now? Is that not a bit petty? I said yanks with gunshot wounds because it's the land of the gun, just like according to you China is the land of the finger jab... :-)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast