Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 9:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun WONG SHUN LEUNG comments on boxing! WHAT THE FXXX!

:llorar: The situation where you need to wrestle is when both opponents want to grab. Western boxing is supposed to be hitting, but you still see situations where they want to hold on to each other. This is because one of them is scared. If you are scared then you will try to hold onto your opponent. It is very difficult for someone to lock or hold onto you if you know Wing Chun. You can stop the other guy holding or grabbing. If someone grabs you, you will only try to grab back if you are scared. But if you are not scared, then he cannot force you into a wrestling situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 9:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Comments from someone who never faced a decent grappler in his life. It's always amusing to hear someone who can't swim giving swimming advice to other nonswimmers. ;)

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 10:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    link?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    2/10/2006 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 11:35am

Style: Southern Praying Mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to be fair, my experience of 'good' Wing Chun instuctors leads me to think the fella meant if you're not a grappler 'don't grab him back and fight HIS fight, jam your thumb in his eye and see if he STILL wants to grab'.

It ain't pretty but in my experience it's a real quick way to end a fight.

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 11:45am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marble
    :llorar: The situation where you need to wrestle is when both opponents want to grab. Western boxing is supposed to be hitting, but you still see situations where they want to hold on to each other. This is because one of them is scared. If you are scared then you will try to hold onto your opponent. It is very difficult for someone to lock or hold onto you if you know Wing Chun. You can stop the other guy holding or grabbing. If someone grabs you, you will only try to grab back if you are scared. But if you are not scared, then he cannot force you into a wrestling situation.

What the **** are your blabing about. The need to wrestle is when one person takes you to the ground against your will. That is what a "need" is. It has nothing to do with being scared dipshit. it has to do with a trained fighter sweeping, throwing, pushing, pulling, knocking the **** out of and mounting, and the ever popular sliping on the wet pavement. Wing bum is terrible and defending against a lot of things like circular techniques, and takedowns.

Hum, you seem to have nerves of steel, so why dont you try you "i'm not scared" against a MMA...no wait...a high school jr. that wrestles varsity. Is that you scalp on the concrete?

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 11:47am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by benfscott
    to be fair, my experience of 'good' Wing Chun instuctors leads me to think the fella meant if you're not a grappler 'don't grab him back and fight HIS fight, jam your thumb in his eye and see if he STILL wants to grab'.

It ain't pretty but in my experience it's a real quick way to end a fight.

The old poke him in the eye ****! why aret there a billion chinese with only one eye? I guess that don't work so well. It may thoe on old women and young children.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guess I never face a r34l Wing Chunner. The ones that I spared were very seceptable to Judo/Jujutsu.

*Remebers the sweet Maki Komi I threw a Chunner with.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That link doesn't have what you said it has.

It's true though. We DO grab cause we're scared. It's not tactical at all. Also that's not sweat we get covered in. It's tears.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2006 12:22pm

Style: Southern Praying Mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strange... I have a ton of respect for the grappling arts but whilst I watch MMA tournaments all the time, I'm not a sports fighter. I'm genuinely just interested in self defence and I have done the thumb in the eye thing myself, and seen good grapplers get repeatedly elbowed in the spine as they go for a takedown against another Kung Fu practitioners...

Surely there are just good fighters and bad fighters - In a real-world no rules fight I really think this scissors-paper-stone 'Jui-Jutsu beats Wing Chun' mentality will often leave people on the floor in a pool of blood wondering why their invincible technique failed them, whatever style they train in.

I admit I have definitely seen more embarrassingly inneffectual Kung Fu classes being taught than I've seen good ones (possibly only outdone by TKD!), but ignorance of a martial art is ignorance, regardless of how commonly held those opinions are...

I think to distill Wing Chun down to 'inneffectual chain punches' like so many people do, or saying 'Wing Chun can't defend against style b' is like saying Jui Jutsu or Judo practitioners can only fight people wearing a gi. Simply a load of bollocks.

I have had good teachers and terrible teachers and strangely, the one that have taught me the most are the ones who don't fight in the ring/octogon - they are the ones who live in the ****-hole areas, have HAD to learn to be tough both mentally and physically, can read when it is going to 'kick off' in a pub, and ultimately, are prepared to do the most to end a fight as quickly as possible. Not nice but effective. To say these guys are not great fighters because they aren't trained gapplers is seriously doing them a disservice.

Anyway, I await the inevitable flames as I dare to stick up for Wing Chun...
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast