Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 10:46am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks locu5... i am a carniverous 'bunny'... give me some meat charred over a fire! ummm... i really have more problems getting my work schedule to accomadate my training... the boss thinks he's # 1 priority, and it does pay the rent... i will be in texas for most of march, but maybe april? i do wish i could make it sooner... have you met or worked out with any of the Wadokai aikido/Suenaka aikido people in atlanta? i have studied with them some and their aikido is good... they train in ground work as well...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2006 4:47pm

Style: g. barra (blue belt), fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SeniorStudentGregor wrote in the gcd forum"
    Guys, let me be frank. This NOT just about martial arts. This is something way bigger. Much bigger. Let me relate to you with Earth-based religious beliefs like Buddhism. If we are born poor with abusive parents and live in a slum in a impoverish country, does it really matter? Buddhists believe in reincarnation and that we all lived many past lives. We may be poor now, but in our past lives we might have been a king and in our next lives we might be a millionaire. Or we might even be reincarnated into another species like a dog or horse. Our life, here and now, doesn't matter. It's impermanent. So why sulk over something that is impermanent and is only a speck in the grand scheme of things."
    i don't even have to get involved in the martial arts discussion to see that you have no idea what you are talking about. reincarnation does not exist in any form of buddhism. reincarnation implies a transmigration of a permanent unchanging soul or self. buddhism denies the existence of a permanent self or soul (anatman). buddhism only acknowledges rebirth of kamma, i.e. the fruits of our actions may sprout long after we die. if the rest of your knowledge is as half-assed as this, then all i can say is that you are a moron.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2006 5:24pm

Style: g. barra (blue belt), fma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    for seniorstudentgr:

buddhism also believes in nonattachment to both the past and the future. it stresses being mindful of the eternal present. get your facts straight before you try to sound like kwai chang caine by spouting half-assed ignorant statements. you are a sub-intellectual shaolin monk wannabe trying to escape the reality of your obviously unfulfilling existence by deluding yourself into believing you are some kind of cosmic space energy super master. i have a friend who believes that he is a messiah sent to deliver all mankind. he sits on his ass all day in his parents house playing video games, getting high and waiting for his SS check. reality sucks. face it, accept it, get over it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2006 10:18pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus must be laughing in heaven....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 12:48pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    madmagus777 why the hell are you taking him serious ? Just point and laugh then walk away.

I mean, seriously Grand Celestial Do ?! that got to be a joke..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i still want to be offered a demonstration or proof of this Grand Celestial Do... srstudent how about a serious reply to a serious question? i give the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to be evasive and condescending i think i lean towards throwing the bullshido flag... come on prove me wrong... save my soul... help save the universe... waiting for a real reply...

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 6:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AikiZenDragon i think you should do that with your Aikido, prove me wrong before i call it bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 6:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HwangJangLee
    AikiZenDragon i think you should do that with your Aikido, prove me wrong before i call it bullshido.
    don't start with me... as many have said here before it is not about your 'style', but what you can do... i don't have to prove aikido works... the girls did it for me... read this... be sure to read the whole thing... enjoy! :adios:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30771 :5yeah:

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
    Bruce Lee

you should keep this as your sig. it is better than the Seagal nutriding you have now... and think about what Bruce meant here... :guitar:
    Last edited by AikiZenDragon; 2/16/2006 6:47pm at . Reason: to give it one more twist...

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 7:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always though that he meant to take what works from an art, if it works for you, and throw the rest in the garbage bin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i always took it to mean that the individual's ability was more important than style... but i do agree with what you said too... if a BJJ guy chokes out a TKD guy does it mean TKD goes into the garbage bin... if a TKD guy 'kicks' out a BJJ guy does it mean BJJ goes into the garbage bin... NO, it is NOT about styles, but about the individual, and what they make work for them...
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast