Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:04am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    hapkido nutriders will totally disagree, but ...
    bad taekwondo + really bad aikido = hapkido
    there are some schools that claim some dude studied with Osensei, but that is not certain... all the hapkido i have seen has the wrist locks and stuff all wrong... although to be fair they would probably whup some dick on the street, they like some other MA and most aikido don't really get the small details that make the techniques really strong and effective... i have seen similar stuff in some jujitsu schools around this area where they do stuff like GJJ but lack attention to the small details, use alot of muscle, don't understand the proper leverage for some subs, etc...
    Which HKD schools have you seen? Are they the ones that are usually TKD schools that claim to train HKD as well? Then I might agree with what you are saying here.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    easy Monkey don't get your panties in a wad... i was just replying to the question of what the difference was between them... and i did read that thread after i posted that... basically i stand by what i said... some aikido stuff with some taekwondo stuff... some schools may be good but most are shitty... this is unfortunately true of most martial arts now... i make no claims about any martial art... i just try to call it like i see it... the stuff i do is better than the **** they do at almost every other dojo i have been to... same for karate, kungfu, hapkido, tkd, and jkd... been to schools in all those styles, and some is okay, most is shitty... good luck keep looking for the real **** it's out there...
    For the most part, if you go back to original roots of Aikido (Aikibudo) and Hapkido (as taught by Choi) you will find that they are very much similar. The differences started when OSensei began to walk more on the spiritual side of things, that is when Aikido began to get watered down. After Ji rose to power in the HKD world, you had two schools that started forming, one which was Choi's Yawara system and the other which was Ji's HKD which implemented more kicks as well as the locking. As it progressed, or digressed, depending on how you see it, it became watered down. Then you have all the these "new & improved" HKD schools of thought such as Combat HKD.

Anyway, in a nutshell, your assesment of what HKD is vs. Aikido is basically wrong.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/13/2006 8:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am not on an aikido agenda anymore than you are on a hapkido one... like i said maybe the locks you have been shown are bullshido, but i know mine work... i've been to a Pellegrini school near my hometown and their locks were crappy, and so was their striking... after class a few of the students wanted me to teach them... i study a lot of different MA right now when time permits i have mostly been trying to concentrate on GJJ and arnis, as well as my aikido... i don't take any of the **** talking that goes on here personal... it's all about what works and what don't... to bad most of what is being called MA is so shitty...
    Ok...if this was your only exposure to HKD, then I can see where you got your opinoins. Mr. P's system of HKD is not a good representative of HKD, in fact, for the most part, I have seen, and heard from others, that it is not a good rep for MA in general.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 3:35am

Style: Grand Celestal Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    curse thee miguksaram, thous shalt burn in hell for these words.

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 3:39am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what. the. ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 3:48am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeniorStudentGr
    bIjatlh 'e' yImev ! If you were from outer space you would know what it means :book1:

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 3:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wanking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rolling fist is t3h true cosmic martial art, tell me those guy that made it aren't aliens .

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 7:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeniorStudentGr
    Congrats. I bow to you for such a beautiful troll job. This has been good fun and now I fart in general direction. :fart:
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 9:44am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Please come to an Atlanta throwdown, aikido bunny.
    oh yeah! you have made my day Kid! :toothy12: ... it would be my pleasure to have you kick my ass... please wear those cute blue shorts too... if i can manage the time off and cash i would love too come to an atlanta TD, but well work sucks...

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/14/2006 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I offer travelling MAists housing on my plush couch; plus I have running water. Just give me some advanced notice so I can stop at the store and pickup some bunny food for you. Do you prefer pellets or natural foods?
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast