222229 Bullies, 4495 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do the ulterior motives of the poster affect the validity of bullshido claim(s)?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it makes no difference.

14 12.61%
  • No, but they sure could be a lot more polite.

5 4.50%
  • No, but their posts require a tiny bit more scrutiny.

10 9.01%
  • No, but their posts require A LOT more scrutiny.

36 32.43%
  • Maybe, I mean if the poster is really a horse's ass or something.

12 10.81%
  • Probably. All vendettas are automatically viewed suspicsiously

25 22.52%
  • Yes, it invalids most everything a poster says.

4 3.60%
  • All of the above.

3 2.70%
  • None of the above.

3 2.70%
  • The Seahawks were robbed. :smile:

24 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:37pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Actually, if most Sifus were padding their resumes it would mean many Kung Fu styles aren't responsible for their style's suckage and it's just the con artist's fault. Which I find... highly unlikely. :)
    Touche!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:42pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    What fatherdog described was that JFS didn't know his terms. I'd like to know how he would feel if he knew he was just being humored.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=624
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    When I went to the TD, JFS was being shown a keylock by groundcontrolba and John Rallo. He had /no/ idea what it was or how it worked.
    "No idea what it was or how it works," not, "didn't know his terms". Try again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Actually, if most Sifus were padding their resumes it would mean many Kung Fu styles aren't responsible for their style's suckage and it's just the con artist's fault. Which I find... highly unlikely. :)
    Actually, I think that IS a large part of the problem.

Sifu Abel sees a flier for some dude hosting a seminar, and he's an instructor in 3 different styles of Kung Fu. He decides to go, thinking that those are all different from his Kung Fu, so he might learn something. It turns out the dude is a quack and doesn't know ****, so he just shrugs his shoulders and thinks "Well that's how it is in the Kung Fu world."

Me, I do BJJ. I see a flier for JFS, claiming to be an instructor in Pankration, Greco Roman, and Catch Wrestling. I decide to go, thinking "Sweet, maybe I can learn a little more about takedowns, and a few slick new submissions to surprise my classmates with." It turns out the dude is a quack and doesn't know ****. Unlike my Kung Fu counterpart, I get pissed and think "What a fraud."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:46pm

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony et al.,

The series of threads against JFS appeared to be a witchhunt from the start, especially coming from a mod. I do have to give you credit about the pankration claims as they helped support your argument(s) and made JFS look less reputable.

Yes, I do agree that JFS has an abrasive online persona. Amid the insults, gong sau's, etc., he did have some intelligent posts and I respect his past. Who else on here did the roof top thing (assuming it is true)? It is unfortunate that you chased him off as a good source of information appears to have left (at least from what I've observed in the last week). Who cares if he rips on the grapplers?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Consider the possibility that if false claims to martial arts expertise are not a big deal to you, then a website dedicated to seeking out frauds in the martial arts is not for you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 5:54pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobayashi
    Anthony et al.,

The series of threads against JFS appeared to be a witchhunt from the start, especially coming from a mod. I do have to give you credit about the pankration claims as they helped support your argument(s) and made JFS look less reputable.

Yes, I do agree that JFS has an abrasive online persona. Amid the insults, gong sau's, etc., he did have some intelligent posts and I respect his past. Who else on here did the roof top thing (assuming it is true)? It is unfortunate that you chased him off as a good source of information appears to have left (at least from what I've observed in the last week). Who cares if he rips on the grapplers?
    Kobayashi,

I have not run him off, he left on his own.

Other boards have banned him, we have done no such thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 6:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Rudy Abel, how does it feel to get Own3d by a noob?!

I bet you dont 'even do Kung fu do you rudy? How much have you "PADDED" your resumbe by?

It's getting to the point that if you see or hear anyone who calls themselves "SIFU" around here, it instantly means Liar.
    Man, you are snowblind. snort, snort.

You may have not it. But it sure as hell has you.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Kobayashi,

I have not run him off, he left on his own.

Other boards have banned him, we have done no such thing.
    Actually, he hasn't even left; He's just lurking. Look at the logs - I'll put real money on it and give odds if anyone wants to take the bet. :smile:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 7:55pm

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuKen
    Consider the possibility that if false claims to martial arts expertise are not a big deal to you, then a website dedicated to seeking out frauds in the martial arts is not for you.
    Thanks for "helping" me decide if this forum is for me. The issue I was trying to raise was that JFS did contribute to this forum when it came to his expertise - CMA/TMA. Yes, I do agree that the wrestling/grappling claims aren't legit and that puts his credibility into question.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 8:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well as Anthony said, nobody is kicking him out. He's being flamed and ridiculed for being a "fraud in the martial arts", which is exactly the point of the website. If he can't handle that and chooses to run away, that's his own decision, but you shouldn't be surprised that on a website that is dedicated to exposing and ridiculing frauds in the martial arts, we do exactly that.

If JFS wants to continue posting useful things about CMA, he's welcome to do that. He's the one choosing not to show his face now that his lies have been exposed.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24 LastLast