233614 Bullies, 3883 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Do the ulterior motives of the poster affect the validity of bullshido claim(s)?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it makes no difference.

14 12.61%
  • No, but they sure could be a lot more polite.

5 4.50%
  • No, but their posts require a tiny bit more scrutiny.

10 9.01%
  • No, but their posts require A LOT more scrutiny.

36 32.43%
  • Maybe, I mean if the poster is really a horse's ass or something.

12 10.81%
  • Probably. All vendettas are automatically viewed suspicsiously

25 22.52%
  • Yes, it invalids most everything a poster says.

4 3.60%
  • All of the above.

3 2.70%
  • None of the above.

3 2.70%
  • The Seahawks were robbed. :smile:

24 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 222324 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 2:19pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok there were so many threads going on I read about all of them but didnt see that.. Now whats this video I read about and where can I find it?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm seriously trying to avoid arguing about any of this anymore but here goes.....a couple more "points" have been brought up which don't make sense.

- He doesn't have an email address.

No. He apparently doesn't have access to one. Some people have only been following this through the flame war but outside of that context, before he left, he mentioned several times about getting divorced and then not long before his dissapearance he also said he was no longer living at the same place and his home office was gone. All that info was out there several weeks ago if anyone was paying attention.

- "No one has fought him."

It sounds like I am being pedantic but really, I'd be happy with just an MMA type match. No need for a real fight but since he never made any claims of being a grappler a grappling match wont prove anything. He DID say he can punch, and hard, from any position and that he'd tear Osiris a new asshole which I believe is true. The claim that a little high school wrestling and a year of BJJ trumps 40+ years of solid kung fu training is every bit as extravagant as his claim that he could take on Royce. I've rolled with college wrestlers 8 years ago and I could hold my own. (in a Judo gi, Judo rules) I've also had no problem standing back up with various other Jujitsu/Sambo/BJJ people when they were just blues and below and I outweighed them by 30 pounds or so. JFS outweighs Osiris by more than that I think. So basically, a lot of people are makeing extraordinary claims and totally FOS. Only way to convince me otherwise is to do like he offered and "fight" the guy. Not a parking lot death match but just see if you really can tap him out when he is allowed to strike.

I'm not even going to make any claims on if you can or not. I'm just saying that since no one has tried, all your shouting is just speculation.

Last one: "old frame BJJ"

This **** has just got to stop. I don't have any kind of authority to make it happen but it basically amounts to schoolyard kids making fun of the new kids last name. Everytime someone says it they just show off their ignorance and their enthusiasm to be one of "the cool kids". Like a bunch of freaking five year olds. What he said was:

".....in what can only be described as 'old frame' BJJ....."

Notice the use of the phrase "in what can only be described as" AND JFS put the quotes around the phrase 'old frame', not me. Since the thrill of a lynching has impairedx your use of the English language, let me remind you that the use of quotes around a word or term that is not a title or words that someone else said, is commonly understood to mean that the quoted words don't really mean exactly what they would mean in another context. Example:

This "investigation" has really gotten out of hand.

In this sentence, "investigation" is used in quotes to indicate that the writer doesn't really consider "this" to be an investigation at all.

Your enthusiasm to seize on a funny term for your flame war doesn't make it make sense. As was pointed out on the previous page "old frame" is a pretty standard CMA term for "the way they used to train it [x] number of years ago." If you replace that phrase then what he said was that he worked with some people in some program (forget the name) NOT a school but a PROGRAM where a lot of artists of different styles cross trained and did a bunch of grappling but I don't know what to call it. The closest thing is the way BJJ used to be trained about 10 years ago.

Antony posted the link. It was all up there. Maybe you guys never learned the phrase "in what can only be described as...." in your ESL classes?

That is all.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    This sets a great precedent. You won't mind if I tack several years of kung fu on to my training history.
    Go ahead, it might afford you an ounce of credibility.

Cause so far , briuce, you is da turd.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar, don't bother. This is lost cause by lost people. Let Orinkidink and company stew in their own juice. Its pathetic.

Anthony is acoke head. That figures, the low spark of high heeled boys..................
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    Last one: "old frame BJJ"

This **** has just got to stop. I don't have any kind of authority to make it happen but it basically amounts to schoolyard kids making fun of the new kids last name. Everytime someone says it they just show off their ignorance and their enthusiasm to be one of "the cool kids". Like a bunch of freaking five year olds. What he said was:

".....in what can only be described as 'old frame' BJJ....."

Notice the use of the phrase "in what can only be described as" AND JFS put the quotes around the phrase 'old frame', not me. Since the thrill of a lynching has impairedx your use of the English language, let me remind you that the use of quotes around a word or term that is not a title or words that someone else said, is commonly understood to mean that the quoted words don't really mean exactly what they would mean in another context.

OK, well this is the only claim I am concerned about. If the argument hinges on the quotes around words, note that there are no quotes around 'BJJ', just 'old frame'.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "what can best be described as.......[fill in the blank] BJJ"

Rudy's right. That's why I keep avoiding this board lately. I was off for a full week but my other boards are just too slow moving. Nothing new to keep me going through my morning coffee.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very, very hair-splitting argument over something JFS would be better explaining.
    Nobody who's met him seems to think he has two or more years of training in submission grappling of any sort, and almost everybody who read that quote took it to imply that he was claiming to have a couple of years of training what can only be described as an 'old school' form of BJJ.

See the way I used it there ?

If I said to you that I had spent 2 years learning what I can only describe as 'old school' Sambo from Russian paratroopers, would you expect me to know a couple of the most common Sambo leg-locks ?

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 5:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a seperate issue from whether or not his kung fu is good enough to handle a much less experienced grappler.

I <3 Sirc.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even if it wasn't BJJ per se he was claiming to have training in, one would assume that it's at least some sort of grappling... since... well why else would the comparison be made? Not only that, but from his statement about BJJers being clueless, he's claiming to have "the real" grappling, which is just absurd.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    2/16/2006 9:21pm

Style: Gingerfist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pankration webpages

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    some small voice in the back of my mind wonders who put the web pages up (i think they are all down now.) a quick whois seach would find who registered the domain... this could be someone else piling up evidence to damn JFS, since i didn't see any of this stuff in my initial google searches when he first came on the forum. but deep down, i doubt that is the case.
    From whois.net search [details removed to not cause problem - if people want verified they can go to whois.net and enter pankrationacademy.com]

WHOIS information for pankrationacademy.com:

[whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com]
    Registration Service Provided By: BRAVENET.COM

Domain Name: PANKRATIONACADEMY.COM

Registrant:
    Phalanx Pankration Academy
    steve richards (177209057) (steve@tibetankungfu.com)
    26 XXXXXXX Road
    XXXXXXX
    Birkenhead
    NA,ch430uz
    US
    Tel. +0.0151XXXXXXXXXXX

Creation Date: 10-Jan-2005
    Expiration Date: 10-Jan-2007

Says clearly that it has been made since 10-Jan-2005 so not made up by anyone.